+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bona Fide Bear View Post
    You are beyond pathetic. Why do you come on here pretending to be a baylor fan and then say "your basketball program"? That is pathetic.
    lol.....nice misdirected anger. Any thoughts on your own fan who doesn't care if Scott Drew cheats, or are you just going to let that one slide on by?

I've been on ALOT of message boards for different college bball teams, and I don't think I have EVER heard a fan say he didn't care if the head coach of his program cheated. Not even a Kentucky fan would overtly say something like that, I don't think, and if ever a program didn't care if their head coach cheated, it would be Kentucky.

You guys are real bluebloods on here, though, and you all continue to impress with your knowledge. I think many of you just discovered the game of basketball within the past 3 years.....lmao.

Well, you made me laugh with this one for the first time in over 24 hours. Did you hear Jamie Garrett on 1660 earlier today? He was talking about Texas Tech (my alma mater but I am now a DIEHARD Baylor fan 100% in every way) & the troubled athletic department in the last couple of years: Mike Leach & lawsuits, Tubberville & Ponzai scheme, & that the entire Chess team is transferring to Webster State to follow their coach. Garrett said the moves will ruin his fantasy chess team!

I am SO UPSET about this whole thing that I really can't smile about anything, so---thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post

I've been on ALOT of message boards for different college bball teams, and I don't think I have EVER heard a fan say he didn't care if the head coach of his program cheated. Not even a Kentucky fan would overtly say something like that, I don't think, and if ever a program didn't care if their head coach cheated, it would be Kentucky.
    You must have selective hearing.

You've apparently never been to texags before. They say similar things all the time. Or ever heard a horn say "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."?

Plus, you care waaay to much what one person says on the internet.
    Last edited by baylorBrandon; 04-10-12 at 02:45 PM.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Sounds like Baylor did the proactive thing and got rid of some bad apples.

Kelvin Sampson resigned in Feb. 2008 and was given a 5 year show cause in November 2008 for impermissible texts and phone calls. Any compliance coordinator that failed to educate Mulkey, Drew, and assistants about such a high-profile and nationally-known punishment wasn't doing their job.

lol.....nice misdirected anger. Any thoughts on your own fan who doesn't care if Scott Drew cheats, or are you just going to let that one slide on by?

You guys are real bluebloods on here, though, and you all continue to impress with your knowledge. I think many of you just discovered the game of basketball within the past 3 years.....lmao.
    lmao

I'm not going to defend what the other fan said, but you are talking about what one fan said on a message board. We still have dozens, maybe even hundreds of other fans - did you get their opinions on the matter?

But if I must, speaking for that fan, the kind of cheating Drew is doing (making impermissible phone calls, which by the way will be allowed in a couple of months or making other "minor" violations) is not really cheating in my book. If we get a slap on the wrist every couple of years because Drew is outworking your guy, many would be all for it. As long as he isn't cheating the way the $EC and aggy cheats, I'm fine with it. Look, we are a small school with limited resources, a small fan base and we are located in a less desirable town (lets be nice). As long as we aren't making hundred dollar handshakes and offering guys cars, and as long as our "cheating" stays in the realm of "impermissible phone calls and texts", I'm fine with that.

You ought to go see what is going down in aggyville, or at UK, or at many of the other larger schools if you really want to get your panties in a wad. And you have obviously never talked to a UK fan or an aggy fan in person, they regularly admit they would be fine with their coaches cheating as long as they win. UK fans at least are enjoying the benefits of cheating, aggy can't even win when they cheat. What's up with that?

LOL

Before you get more neg rep, do you think Scott Drew cheated? Know the definition of "cheat" before you answer.
    Last edited by Bexar Country; 04-10-12 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke Ring View Post
    Sounds like Baylor did the proactive thing and got rid of some bad apples.

Kelvin Sampson resigned in Feb. 2008 and was given a 5 year show cause in November 2008 for impermissible texts and phone calls. Any compliance coordinator that failed to educate Mulkey, Drew, and assistants about such a high-profile and nationally-known punishment wasn't doing their job.
    Sampson resignation and punishment was during his second round of the same violation, and after providing false information to NCAA enforcement staff members and Indiana compliance officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Noghri View Post
    Sampson resignation and punishment was during his second round of the same violation, and after providing false information to NCAA enforcement staff members and Indiana compliance officers.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Bexar Country View Post
    Before you get more neg rep, do you think Scott Drew cheated? Know the definition of "cheat" before you answer.
    He did cheat, by the letter of the law. There is no "thinking" about it.

But all cheating is not created equal, in my opinion. What he did was small potatoes as compared to the nonsense that went on at say....UConn. He violated a seat belt law, while UConn, John Calipari, Ohio State football commit murders.

But to say you don't care if your head coach cheats? This goes for Baylor fans, Kansas fans, A&M fans.....whoever: You better care if your head coach cheats or not, because regardless how petty you and I think some of these rules are, the NCAA doesn't. And they are the one's doling out punishments.

Neg rep me all you want. I'm not a Baylor fan, nor am I looking for any credibility that a "high rep" number might provide .....lol

lmao

I'm not going to defend what the other fan said, but you are talking about what one fan said on a message board. We still have dozens, maybe even hundreds of other fans - did you get their opinions on the matter?

But if I must, speaking for that fan, the kind of cheating Drew is doing (making impermissible phone calls, which by the way will be allowed in a couple of months or making other "minor" violations) is not really cheating in my book. If we get a slap on the wrist every couple of years because Drew is outworking your guy, many would be all for it. As long as he isn't cheating the way the $EC and aggy cheats, I'm fine with it. Look, we are a small school with limited resources, a small fan base and we are located in a less desirable town (lets be nice). As long as we aren't making hundred dollar handshakes and offering guys cars, and as long as our "cheating" stays in the realm of "impermissible phone calls and texts", I'm fine with that.

You ought to go see what is going down in aggyville, or at UK, or at many of the other larger schools if you really want to get your panties in a wad. And you have obviously never talked to a UK fan or an aggy fan in person, they regularly admit they would be fine with their coaches cheating as long as they win. UK fans at least are enjoying the benefits of cheating, aggy can't even win when they cheat. What's up with that?

LOL
    Why don't you tell me what's going on aggyville, Woodward.

aww, the aggy got butthurt.

My Mood
    Pensive

But all cheating is not created equal, in my opinion. What he did was small potatoes as compared to the nonsense that went on at say....UConn. He violated a seat belt law, while UConn, John Calipari, Ohio State football commit murders.

But to say you don't care if your head coach cheats? This goes for Baylor fans, Kansas fans, A&M fans.....whoever: You better care if your head coach cheats or not, because regardless how petty you and I think some of these rules are, the NCAA doesn't. And they are the one's doling out punishments.

Neg rep me all you want. I'm not a Baylor fan, nor am I looking for any credibility that a "high rep" number might provide .....lol
    Sounds like someone needs to get back to the State Nervous Hospital.

http://cinegeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Sling-Blade.jpg

You got it boy. Also, remove the "Baylor fan" from your profile and identify your true team...don't be embarrassed to put ATM there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone420 View Post
    aww, the aggy got butthurt.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post

Huh?

What am I "nervous" about?

Quote Originally Posted by Bexar Country View Post
    You got it boy. Also, remove the "Baylor fan" from your profile and identify your true team...don't be embarrassed to put ATM there.
    Why would I do that? I'm not a ATM fan. If you held a gun to my head and told me to name 3 current ATM players, I would come up about 3 short.

So, are you saying Scott Drew didn't cheat? Why did Baylor self-impose penalties on themselves if they didn't cheat? Why else would you take issue with my post and concoct such a childish response. And why do I have to be an ATM fan to ask these questions?
    Last edited by Karl; 04-10-12 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post

aggy Karl likes mustard on his biscuits and french fried potaters

Karl went full aggie. Never go full aggie.

I get it now.

You don't like what you hear, and you are completely incapable of refuting the facts presented (in this case, that you cheated)....so your modus operandi in such situations is to accuse the messenger of being an Aggie fan.

Whatever it takes to make yourselves fell better, I suppose. But remember.....when the dust clears, you'll still be proven cheaters and you'll still have to deal with punishments from both the NCAA and yourselves.....lmao

lmao

LOL
    you respond to this post, with just this:

Why don't you tell me what's going on aggyville, Woodward.
    and wonder why ppl think you are aggy. that is great...

Thread Information