+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackthebear View Post
    The sound you're about to hear is the other shoe dropping....
    Jackthebear, you must have your ear to the ground to hear the thunder of the galloping horses.

"But both DeShields and Mavunga have more work to do to bring Phase II of their master plan to fruition. DeShields is hoping her connection with fellow Peach State star Allisha Gray of Sandersville, Ga., the No. 8 prospect in the 2013 class, will help the Tar Heels also land the 6-foot sharpshooter. Meanwhile, Mavunga plans to lean on her close friend Mercedes Russell, a 6-5 post from Springfield, Ore., who is the top-ranked player in the class."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls...ommit-together
    Last edited by slimecap; 05-06-12 at 07:56 PM.

Yes sir, listening to the tom-toms....Allisha Gray has already or will commit to Hatchel.

UNC And ND are raking in the blue chips.

Losing Alexis Jones and Moriah Jefferson last year was a severe disappointment, but our class turned out to be stellar at least on paper. Having said that, it would be nice if we could get strong early commitments and build momentum. It always seems we're playing catch up in the recruiting game -- although that may only be a symptom of my impatience.

Sorry, but a team doesn't "lose" a player they never had.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackthebear View Post
    Yes sir, listening to the tom-toms....Allisha Gray has already or will commit to Hatchel.
    Exacto, Jackthebear ... found the confirmation:
    May 5, 2012

No. 8 Allisha Gray joins a busy '13 recruiting day

Allisha Gray of Sandersville, Ga., has verbally committed to North Carolina, according to her father, Al. The 6-foot junior wing also considered Kentucky, Maryland, South Carolina and Tennessee before deciding on the Tar Heels.
    Last edited by slimecap; 05-06-12 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Ugraded from twitter to espn Hoopgurlz confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBears View Post
    True, but we must do a better job of keeping local talent at home. NC will get two more, no fab five.....call it the Sensational Six.

NC Roster:
    She'la White5-5Guard SR Portsmouth, Va. (Norfolk Collegiate)
    Latifah Coleman5-9Guard SO Pageland, S.C. (Central)
    Megan Buckland6-0Guard FR High Point, N.C. (Bishop McGuinness)
    4Candace Wood5-11Guard JR Charlotte, N.C. (Victory Christian Center)
    Shannon Smith5-7Guard RS F RGastonia, N.C. (Forestview)
    Danielle Butts5-10Guard FR Winterville, N.C. (South Central)
    Brittany Rountree5-9Guard FR Jacksonville, Fla. (The Potter's House)
    Chay Shegog6-5Center SR Stafford, Va. (Brooke Point)
    Krista Gross6-0Guard/Forward JR Charlotte, N.C. (Cannon School)
    Whitney Adams6-2Forward FR Naperville, Ill. (Montini Catholic)
    Erika Johnson6-1Guard FR Seattle, Wash. (Holy Names Academy)
    Waltiea Rolle6-6Center JR Nassau, Bahamas (Westbury Christian School)
    Laura Broomfield6-1Forward SR Lexington Park, Md. (St. Mary's Ryken)
    Tierra Ruffin-Pratt5-10Guard JR Alexandria, Va. (T.C. Williams)
    http://www.tarheelblue.com/sports/w-...askbl-mtt.html

14 on roster. 3 seniors. 11 left on roster.

???

Ieshia Small
    Ieshia Small
    Ieshia Small

Starting a chant so that Ieshia can hear the Ferrell chant her name.
    She would make a great Lady Bear.

I - E - SHIA

DFW Bill is offline Baylor Lady Bears Staff Writer Baylor Lady Bears fan DFW Bill is a name known to all DFW Bill is a name known to all DFW Bill is a name known to all DFW Bill is a name known to all DFW Bill is a name known to all DFW Bill is a name known to all (574 points)
    Slimecap..........I like your style and agree 100%. There are lots more great players in Florida.

The best states to recruit in my opinion are the following four and they are listed in order of talent.

1. Texas
    2. California
    3. Florida
    4. Georgia

Louisiana and Arkansas also have been good to the Lady Bears. But there are good players everywhere, just not very many in most other states in comparison.
    Last edited by DFW Bill; 05-06-12 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DFW Bill View Post
    Louisiana and Arkansas also have good to the Lady Bears.
    DFW Bill, Thank heavens for the state of Arkansas Lady Bear Jordan Madden !

Here's a video link to an Arkansas player on your updated list, Roshunda Johnson. Roshunda is uniform number 11:

a nice 3 pt buzzer shot at the end of the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqY8R...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEHXYRe6qNA
    Last edited by slimecap; 05-06-12 at 12:00 PM.

Okay. It's a matter of semantics then. If my memory is correct, it was widely believed that we were on the short lists of both Jones and Jefferson. Neither will be matriculating at Baylor. Whether you want to call that "losing" a recruiting battle -- or something else -- the result is exactly the same.

I think it's fairly common to say that you either won or lost a recruiting battle for a particular player -- depending on facts and circumstances.

Man. We need some good recruits... It's not looking good yet... Nothing from. Russell and nothing from none else in 2013. ....

2014. We lost a commitment....in no. 8 player..... We need her back

Quote Originally Posted by slimecap View Post
    DFW Bill, Thank heavens for the state of Arkansas Lady Bear Jordan Madden !

Here's a video link to an Arkansas player on your updated list, Roshunda Johnson. Roshunda is uniform number 11:

a nice 3 pt buzzer shot at the end of the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqY8R...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEHXYRe6qNA
    No. 50 Roshunda Johnson schedules unofficials

May 12, 2012May 1205:14PM ETRoshunda Johnson of Little Rock, Ark., a top guard prospect in the 2013 class, has scheduled three unofficial visits, according to her club program director, Corey Hedgwood of DFW Elite.

The 5-foot-7 point guard, ranked No. 50 in her class by ESPN HoopGurlz, will visit Texas on June 1, Tennessee on June 16 and Arkansas on June 22.

Johnson also is contemplating a trip to Kentucky in the near future, Hedgwood said.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruin88 View Post
    Okay. It's a matter of semantics then. If my memory is correct, it was widely believed that we were on the short lists of both Jones and Jefferson. Neither will be matriculating at Baylor......
    Unless they get homesick ALA Brooklyn Pope. Weather in Connecticutt isn't quite the same as in Texas, and visa versa. And Parents can't drive for less than 2 hours to see a home game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruin88 View Post
    Okay. It's a matter of semantics then. If my memory is correct, it was widely believed that we were on the short lists of both Jones and Jefferson. Neither will be matriculating at Baylor. Whether you want to call that "losing" a recruiting battle -- or something else -- the result is exactly the same.

I think it's fairly common to say that you either won or lost a recruiting battle for a particular player -- depending on facts and circumstances.
    How often have you seen semantics suit up and play?
    You don't claim something until it is confirmed. If you lose a commitment, that is a valid thing. But you don't lose domething you might have imagined or hoped you
    m-i-g-h-t get. That is silly mental girations...

How often have you seen semantics suit up and play?
    You don't claim something until it is confirmed. If you lose a commitment, that is a valid thing. But you don't lose domething you might have imagined or hoped you
    m-i-g-h-t get. That is silly mental girations...

If you don't know that people make reference to "winning" and "losing" recruiting battles, then you haven't followed college recruiting very closely or for very long. It happens all the time. If you want to assign different nomenclature to this activity that's your prerogative, but it doesn't change the facts.

Recee' Caldwell, 5'8" Point Guard from Lady Bird Johnson High School in San Antonio. Ranked #8 overall. Best pure shooter in the Class of 2014. Has committed and then de-committed from Baylor. Very talented player. Big skill set. Averaged 20 plus as a Sophomore

"Two of the best to ever have laced them up in the Alamo City, Meighan Simmons and CeCe Harper join Recee' Caldwell in a truly elite training session. Both Simmons and Harper recently arrived home and jumped right back in the hot gym to get it done! This blog has been detailing the accomplishments of Harper and Simmons since 2008 and along with Len'Nique Brown, no players have been chronicled here more than these young ladies.

Caldwell has been focusing on her attempt to repeat as being the youngest member of America's team, USA u17. What better way to do it than a grueling workout with Simmons and Harper.

The last time Harper and Simmons were on the same court, they represented their college programs in the NCAA Sweet 16. Harper started at the guard for her Kansas Jayhawk squad while Simmons tallied 22 points for Tennessee Lady Vols." - shesballin.blogspot.com, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by slimecap; 05-20-12 at 03:07 PM. Reason: added photo

Listen guys and girls,

Don't get your hopes up. Sometimes the stars do not align like apparently they are doing for North Carolina and Notre Dame this year. I would rather take 0 or 1 recruit this year as long as they were championship caliber and then load up over the next several years when Texas has a bumper crop of talent coming up. This is the year of a southeastern US talent binge - Southwestern talent will return to its normal level of excellence next year going forward - then we can load up.
    "You have to give Baylor credit. They locked into us, and we haven't seen that kind of pressure."

CLASS OF 2013

Kai James, 6'4" Post from Dwyer High School near Palm Beach, Florida. Very good offensive moves and nice shooting touch. But not a great rebounder or defender as yet. Needs to get in better shape. Has a big upside with the right coaching staff. Ranked #40.

http://www.fullcourt.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/300px_wide/James.jpg
    Kai James is one of five first time players making the USA U17 World Championship Team. - photo by Kelly Kline

"It feels great; I’m really excited", said Kai James who is one of five first time players on the squad. "It’s very surprising. It shows that all your work, your hard work in the gym, it pays off."

2012 USA Women’s U17 World Championship Team

NAME ..................... POS HGT SCHOOL HOMETOWN

Lindsay Allen ........... G 5-8 St. John’s College HS (DC) Bowie MD *

Oderah Chidom ........ F 6-3 Bishop O’Dowd HS Oakland CA

Kaela Davis ............. G 6-2 Buford HS Suwanee GA

Diamond DeShields ... G 6-1 Norcross HS Norcross GA *

Rebecca Greenwell .... G 6-1 Owensboro Catholic HS Owesnboro KY

Linnae Harper ........... G 5-7 Whitney Young HS Chicago IL

Kai James ............... F 6-4 William T. Dwyer HS W. Palm Beach FL

Erica McCall .............. F 6-3 Ridgeview HS Bakersfield CA

Taya Reimer ............. F 6-3 Hamilton Southeastern HS Fishers IN *

Mercedes Russell ....... C 6-5 Springfield HS Springfield OR

Brianna Turner .......... G/F 6-3 Manvel HS Pearland TX

Jessica Washington .... G 5-8 Jenks HS Tulsa OK *

Head Coach: Jill Rankin Schneider, Monterey HS TX.
    Inducted into UTennessee Lady Vol Hall of Fame. Began coaching career at UTennessee where she was a student assistant under Pat Summitt. Assistant coach for UTexas 1981-86 under Jody Conradt. Master’s degree in mathematics education from the UTexas and currently teaches college algebra at Monterey.

All team members will graduate High School in 2013 except Brianna Turner (2014)

* Verbally committed

North Carolina ... DeShields, Washington
    Notre Dame ...... Allen, Reimer

Read more: http://www.fullcourt.com/kelly-kline...ster-announced
    Last edited by slimecap; 05-22-12 at 03:18 AM.

ChapBear, I understand what you are saying, but stars aligning or not, we must have a top ten class at least 3 out of 4 years to stay in final four contention in my opinion because some will get injured, some will leave, some will not develop, etc. We got Sims, but that was all, then Agbuke. One truly top ten player in two years is not enough...Last year, we got a good class with several unexpected players, but we missed out on the ones we truly wanted in Jefferson and Jones as a part of that class. We truly need at least two top 15 players this year and then a real banger class next year to stay in the 4-5 teams annually.

Some will agree, some will disagree, and some will stick their head in the sand. There are still a lot out there to be had, and usually we do not get our commits until around July, or after Kims camps, so lets wait and see.

Thread Information