+ Reply to Thread

BaylorFans.com Hunter Seat Takes Down Aggies For National Title

WACO - Baylor equestrian's Hunter Seat team took home its first national championship, with a thrilling victory over Texas A&M that came down to a 1192-1070 win on points after a 4-4 tie at the National Collegiate Equestrian Association Championship at Extraco Events Center in Waco. The victory also ensured a third place finish overall, the highest finish in program history.

"I can't describe this feeling we have right now," head coach Ellen White said. "All I asked was that we go 3-0, and this team stepped up as a whole and accomplished it. This is a special group of young women that just wanted so badly to be successful that they wouldn't be denied."

The Bears battled the Aggies to a 2-2 tie in Flat, as BU scored the first and final points during the discipline. Taylor Brown totaled a 138 and Kim Woodsum added a 136 for Baylor.

Texas A&M took a brief 3-2 lead in Fences before Taylor Brown evened it up with a high score of 174. The Aggies took the lead back before Samantha Schaefer took to her horse for the final ride. After TAMU had scored a zero in Flat, Schaefer needed to beat a 165 for the tie and title. The freshman rode beautifully en route to a 173 and a BU national title.

"I am so proud of the team," Schaefer said. "I knew I had a good score to beat, but I was confident in my ability to do it."

Schaefer earned Most Valuable Rider over Fences after going 3-0 and averaging the highest score throughout the championship.

Texas A&M took home the Western and Overall National Championships...LINK: http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/w-...041412aae.html

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Holy Moses!!! The year of the BEAR. I have to wonder if this year we won't wrestle even the Meat Judging National Championship away from Texas A & M.

RD2

My Mood
    Amused

BaylorFans.com

let the horse smack begin.............

marco is offline Admiral of the III'd Fleet clap of thunder fan marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute (14193 points)
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedForSteele View Post
    let the horse and smack begin.............
    These girls are my heroines.

My Mood
    Amused
    I will award rep points when I can.

Hopefully I will not mistakenly deduct points as I did to ValpoCory earlier today.

- the message board veteran

My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately aggy won the overall NC. Congrats to the hunter seat gals, though.

Glad we took home the honors! Sic 'em Bears!

That's honestly all I understood in that article. I have no idea what the scores or event titles mean.

marco is offline Admiral of the III'd Fleet clap of thunder fan marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute (14193 points)
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieg View Post
    Glad we took home the honors! Sic 'em Bears!

That's honestly all I understood in that article. I have no idea what the scores or event titles mean.
    Girls ride horses. Some look better doing it. Hope that helps.

Congrats to these girls!!!

Well done!

"Hunter Seat" is an odd name for a girl, but I don't care what her name is as long as she won the National Championship.

She is Hunter Hunter's cousin.

Thread Information