+ Reply to Thread

Suspicious Schedule Changes

A few things to note:
    1. Notre Dame is now off the schedule with no announcement after a lot of fanfare when they were originally added. Could they be on our future conference schedule?
    2. SMU has obviously joined our conference after-all. Wow...EVERY year this decade!
    3. Duke and Buffalo? WTF?
    4. 2015 will almost completely reflect our old SWC schedule if we get Aggy in a bowl game.
    5. Texas State is now gone with the wind.
    6. Somebody thinks UTSA might have a great TV draw.
    7. 2016 has a little more flexibility for some reason.
    8. Most suspicious... where did the previously announced conference schedule go!? It was already a done-deal for the next 8 years. It makes you wonder what has changed and why.
    http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-...schedules.html

2012 (All Big 12 opponents & dates TBA)

Sept. 1 - SMU
    Sept. 15 - Sam Houston State
    Sept. 22 - at University of Louisiana at Monroe

2013 (All Big 12 opponents & dates TBA)
    Aug. 31 - University of Louisiana at Monroe
    Sept. 7 - Buffalo
    Sept. 14 - at SMU

2014 (All Big 12 opponents & dates TBA)
    Aug. 30 - SMU
    Sept. 6 - Northwestern State
    Sept. 13 - at Buffalo

2015 (All Big 12 opponents & dates TBA)
    Sept. 5 - at SMU
    Sept. 12 - Lamar
    Sept. 26 - Rice

2016 (All Big 12 opponents & dates TBA)
    Sept. 17 - SMU
    Sept. 24 - at Rice

2017 (All Big 12 opponents & dates TBA)
    Sept. 2 - at SMU
    Sept. 9 - Texas-San Antonio
    Sept. 23 - Duke

2018 (All Big 12 opponents & dates TBA)
    Sept. 8 - at Texas-San Antonio (Alamo Dome)
    Sept. 15 - at Duke
    Sept 22 - SMU

2019 (All Big 12 opponents & dates TBA)
    Aug. 31 - at SMU
    Sept. 7 - Texas-San Antonio
    Sept. 14 - at Rice
    Last edited by MonsterBear; 04-15-12 at 05:37 PM.

ND was cancelled a awhile ago due to TV conflicts with NBC/ABC

No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of
    Top 3 things where all announced before the start of last season.

My Mood
    Cynical
    close winnable games are close and winnable.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Not sure if the OP is serious. This is all such old news.

The most headscratching item is #8. Was the OP never aware of a&m's and missouri's departures?

It's like this thread was sucked in through a time portal.

Pretty sure schedules won't be set up until year or two out. Television executives have pimped these ad and schools. They tell them when and where.

Actually, I was quite serious. However, I did not recall about the Notre Dame drop being done previously, but now that you mention it, they certainly were not on the previous schedule.

As for the other stuff, the BU site posted the new 9-game rotation for a 10-team conference in mid-Feb. Missery and Aggy were certainly off that conference schedule, and it went through 2019. For reference, our 10-team schedule was released about 1-2 weeks after the UT schedule came out.

Buffalo and Duke were on that schedule, but if we are going to make changes, why leave them and dump Texas State?

Texas State was definitely listed for at least 2 games. My daughter is an athletic trainer and we were already making road trip plans.

So, why dump the 10-team rotation that was already released?

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterBear View Post
    Actually, I was quite serious. However, I did not recall about the Notre Dame drop being done previously, but now that you mention it, they certainly were not on the previous schedule.

As for the other stuff, the BU site posted the new 9-game rotation for a 10-team conference in mid-Feb. Missery and Aggy were certainly off that conference schedule, and it went through 2019. For reference, our 10-team schedule was released about 1-2 weeks after the UT schedule came out.

Buffalo and Duke were on that schedule, but if we are going to make changes, why leave them and dump Texas State?

Texas State was definitely listed for at least 2 games. My daughter is an athletic trainer and we were already making road trip plans.

So, why dump the 10-team rotation that was already released?
    They know they have to get back to 12 to survive. They'll need to play a conference championship game. Television. Thank goodness we've had a good year. We seal our deal with television this spring when conferences start wanting others to dance.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    I've never seen an extended Big 12 schedule after the TCU and WVU additions. They created one for this upcoming season, then said the extended schedules would be worked out later. The Notre Dame drop was a long time ago. And we've gone over the complaining over the weak non-conference schedule ad naseum. This thread is just so random and late.

Again, since it's being brought up again, I have no problem with a weak non-conference schedule. We play in the Big 12. We'll have plenty of challenges during the season. We don't need to go try and prove ourselves in non-conference.

My Mood
    Amused
    Right on gramps...besides with TCU and WVa we have already upgraded our schedule.
    BearForce
    Sic'em

I don't recall Texas State on the schedule. Doesn't mean they weren't, I just don't remember it. UTSA was announced right after they decided to go FBS. Other than SMU, all the others will likely change at some point when the conference rodeo is done. I like having SMU on the schedule. They are a good warm up, and capable of winning...ask TCU.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    We ought to be playing someone from Duke, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, and Stanford every year. Just having our names mentioned with theirs is good for us academically as well as providing what will often be an entertaining matchup.

Buffalo? Ehhhhhh.

We do seem to play Buffalo an awful lot considering it draws little interest regionally or nationally.

My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by HillCountry View Post
    We do seem to play Buffalo an awful lot considering it draws little interest regionally or nationally.
    free win?

My Mood
    Inspired
    3 years ago called........they wandered if you read the news back then when the Notre Dame game was cancelled.
    "Shake a leg woman!!"

My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell's Silver Hammer View Post
    We ought to be playing someone from Duke, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, and Stanford every year. Just having our names mentioned with theirs is good for us academically as well as providing what will often be an entertaining matchup.

Buffalo? Ehhhhhh.
    I like the idea of playing the private schools like Wake, Vandy, Duke, NW and Stanford. One or two out of conference each year would be fine with me.

Thread Information