+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Haha yea looks like it. I just had a different train of thought because they are usually worse than last in my book. My bad, carry on and excuse me for my stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by grimm View Post
    stupid flanders
    fify

My Mood
    Cool
    Blog Entries
    The #3 ranking is the highest for Baylor baseball since 1998, when they were ranked #2. Very impressive!

Blog Entries
    BU FINISHED as #3 in a national championship Omaha tournament not so many years ago. Lost both games there to...guess who? Um...they practice and play games in Austin.
    The 2011-2012 athletic season is just sooooo incredible. Even if the Chinese don't agree, it should be labeled 'the year of the bear'! I feel sad for the softball gals, though, because losing their star pitcher to injury has changed their season so much. Equestrian national title helps soften that blow, though. Living in central Arkansas since 2003, we've only been able to 'keep up' via internet and big screen TV...which we get more of than I ever expected to receive!...but it has been super fun to see and FEEL the growing respect for Baylor sports up here in Razorback country. With A J Walton and Miss Madden being on the basketball teams...and both being from Arkansas...the preess here has been more interested, of course, but just the winning of sooooo many games is the primary reason we get to know how much BU is now respected athletically. Um, having Ken Starr as 'the pres' doesn't hurt, either. He's a Harding University (in Arkansas) grad, y'know. SIC 'EM BEARS!

Equestrian national title helps soften that blow
    I believe it was the Hunter Seat NC. The overall NC went to that other school.

Quote Originally Posted by StatMan View Post
    The #3 ranking is the highest for Baylor baseball since 1998, when they were ranked #2. Very impressive!
    Do you have a link to that tidbit?

Quote Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
    #13? Really NCBWA?

That one really stands out, they must really hate Scott Drew.... wait, uh, I mean Steve Smith.

#2 Kentucky lost tonight. Just sayin'.

to #1 LSU. lol

still good to see. if we sweep and they split, we could maybe be #1

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone420 View Post
    to #1 LSU. lol

still good to see. if we sweep and they split, we could maybe be #1
    LSU likely has to lose 2 to fall behind Baylor. Even if they lose 2, I don't think they deserve to fall behind Baylor. Nothing wrong with a 2-2 week where you lose 2 games at the #2 team in the country. But the Collegiate Baseball poll sometimes is pretty liberal with their poll movement. #ThatsWhatSheSaid

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Blog Entries
    Underrated

My Mood
    Cool
    Blog Entries
    A Big XII series win by Baylor over Texas A&M tonight puts the Bears into the Top 5, and drops the Aggies out of that select group of college baseball teams.

Burning question: will we crack the top 10 in NCBWA... and will we pass Aggy according to those scholars?

#1 LSU lost tonight. Just sayin'.

#1 LSU lost again today. The Collegiate Baseball poll release on Monday is going to be very interesting. I can see Baylor staying at 3, moving up to 2, or moving up to 1.

I think Kentucky will be #1 and BU #2. Any poll that doesn't have us in the top 3 should be invalidated.
    "We have the (Big 12 title) belt around our waist, and it's buckled up pretty tight. It will be a struggle to get that sucker off, I can promise you that. . . . We like the belt, and we're going to keep it."

Quote Originally Posted by GarlandBear84 View Post
    I think Kentucky will be #1 and BU #2. Any poll that doesn't have us in the top 3 should be invalidated.
    Kentucky
    Baylor
    Florida St.
    Florida
    LSU

IMO...

Blog Entries
    I've e-mailed three 'updates' to the sports editors of the Little Rock & Hot Springs papers here in Arkansas in the last few days. Since they've not printed a word about NCAA baseball on the national scene (only SEC stuff), I thought they'd appreciate knowing what the heck has been happening west of the Red River. No response from either of them, so far, but I figure they're more irritated than appeciative, of course. So what? SIC 'EM BEARS!!!

Anyone know when these rankings will be updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Baylor187 View Post
    Anyone know when these rankings will be updated?
    Baseball America poll will probably be updated sometime between 11-12, Collegiate Baseball around 1.

Thread Information