+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MsGrizzly2U View Post
    There's no respect for Spurs pretty much anywhere. And yet, they,ve hoisted 4 championship trophies under Pop's watch. Only time will tell what happens between the Spurs and OKC. But , I think its clear the Mavs have hoisted the one and only trophy they'll ever have. Congrats on that one, by the way. Their very difficult to get. The Spurs organization seems to have what it takes to contend for the trophy often.
    You do realize that Mark Cuban didnt want to compete for the NBA title this season.

(FTR I think it will go down as a really stupid decision)

Its made this season real bittersweet.

You bring back last years team, amnesty Haywood and replace him with Brandan Wright or Mahimi and they are hands down the favorites to win the NBA title.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    You do realize that Mark Cuban didnt want to compete for the NBA title this season.

(FTR I think it will go down as a really stupid decision)

Its made this season real bittersweet.

You bring back last years team, amnesty Haywood and replace him with Brandan Wright or Mahimi and they are hands down the favorites to win the NBA title.
    Yes, Cuban pushed all his chips in the Howard/D Will sweepstakes and leveraged the future. That was the proper business decision given the climate of the league and the future of his franchise.

But, had he kept the team in tact and used the amnesty clause on Haywood--they would not be "hands down" favorites to win. I am completely biased, but nobody was even talking about the Mavs until the playoff run last year.

I'm starting to develop a hatred for Russell Westbrook and James Hardin....and I mean a very unhealthy hatred. I'd rather see the Spurs win than OKC or Miami since they still play with class.

Quote Originally Posted by xiledinok View Post
    Isiah Thomas was worse than MJ the owner. Now, Woodson is worst coach in the league.
    I remember wondering what the hell Woodson was doing 2 years ago when the Hawks were embarassed by the Magic. I had never seen such a disaster of an offense during the NBA playoffs.

The Knicks sabotaged D'Antoni by acquiring a bunch of players that don't fit his system and then made him the fall guy when things did not work out. Carmelo was furious that the Knicks were running a real offense earlier this year and made such a big fit about it that Woodson "redesigned" the offense when he took over. The offense the Knicks ran against the Heat in game 1 was the worst playoff offense I have seen since the Hawks 2 years ago. It's essentially an isolation set for Melo every time on the left side of the floor. They don't even run him off any screens to get open.

The Knicks have so many inherent advantages as an organization yet they continue to shoot themselves in the foot time after time. Maybe eventually they will get ownership, management, the coaching staff, and the players on the same page.

But, had he kept the team in tact and used the amnesty clause on Haywood--they would not be "hands down" favorites to win. I am completely biased, but nobody was even talking about the Mavs until the playoff run last year
    Assuming last years team is brought back these are the legit contenders for the NBA crown.
    Miami
    Chicago
    Orlando
    San Antonio
    Lakers
    OKC

Chicago and Orlando are missing their best player. Scratch them.

OKC is barely better then this Mavs B-Unit team. Scratch them.

Lakers are still elite, but not as good as they were between 2008-2010.

That Leaves Miami, Lakers and the Spurs. I would put last years Mavs team against any of those guys.

I think it will go down as a gigantic mistake. F**ck the future. You have a chance to win back to back NBA titles.

I still dont think this series with OKC is over, every game with them this season has been close, at some point the odds have to go our way.
    Last edited by Jonny Blaze; 05-01-12 at 09:11 AM.

I think it will go down as a gigantic mistake. F**ck the future. You have a chance to win back to back NBA titles.
    Completely agree with this. If Dallas doesn't land a superstar, then we pretty much just wasted the remaining years of Dirk's career. You sign the entire cast from last year, and you have legit shots to win to win it all for the next couple of years.

My Mood
    Cold
    Day 3 of the new look. Don't make me use these hands. Haha. No joke!! http://pic.twitter.com/Lu8iHIH3

https://p.twimg.com/Aq27hYxCAAAH7OC.jpg

My Mood
    Cold

marco is offline Admiral of the III'd Fleet clap of thunder fan marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute (14578 points)
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by krock4487 View Post
    This year Jason Terry tattooed a fishing boat on his bicep.
    He trolling?

Name:  Trolling_drawing.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  156.4 KB

My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by marco View Post
    He trolling?

Attachment 27679
    That appears to be what it looks like. Clips and Grizz are going to 7 games I believe, so that will be fun. The 2 games tonight I hope will be better than 2 of 3 piss poor games last night.

Bosh's wife gave birth to a dragon.

My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfProphet713 View Post
    Bosh's wife gave birth to a dragon.
    http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3da1k6mip1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Quote Originally Posted by krock4487 View Post
    That appears to be what it looks like. Clips and Grizz are going to 7 games I believe, so that will be fun. The 2 games tonight I hope will be better than 2 of 3 piss poor games last night.
    egh I don't see it. I expect Memphis to take it in 5 or 6 games. Clippers aren't ready for the playoffs and Z-Bo has yet to really be himself yet.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Blog Entries
    Footnote Titles article...good read
    http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=7883334

My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    OKC is barely better then this Mavs B-Unit team. Scratch them.
    I still dont think this series with OKC is over, every game with them this season has been close, at some point the odds have to go our way.
    So, when OKC goes 3-0 here in a few mins....are you still thinking OKC is "barely" better?

...Thunder up by 23 at the top of the 4th. Cuban has resorted to throwing F bombs in frustration on TV and the Mavs fans have given up and are headed for the exits with 10:30 to go.
    Last edited by Edmond Bear; 05-03-12 at 09:54 PM.

My Mood
    Amused
    Turn out the lights, the party's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Bear View Post
    So, when OKC goes 3-0 here in a few mins....are you still thinking OKC is "barely" better?

...Thunder up by 23 at the top of the 4th. Cuban has resorted to throwing F bombs in frustration on TV and the Mavs fans have given up and are headed for the exits with 10:30 to go.
    Congrats....your better then the worst Mavs team we've ever had in the Mark Cuban era, and the worst team since the 1999-2000 team.
    A team that was intentionally put out on the court to shed salary cap.

We've lost 33 out of 69 games played this season.

Last year we only lost 30 games throughout the entire regular season and post season.

So my point remains.

Last Year the Mavs went 6-2 against OKC. One of those wins being without Dirk.......and the only OKC regular season win coming when Caron Butler and Dirk were injured.

You bring back last years Mavs team and they are clearly better then this Thunder team.

Im not ESPN, and Im not going to kiss OKC ass and think of them as some sort of great and accomplished team....not when we've been facing the Spurs, Lakers, Suns, Kings for all these years.

All I see is a jump shooting team that plays average defense.

For all the ass kissing that OKC gets from ESPN im not sure if they have ever beat a 50 win team in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Jonny Blaze; 05-04-12 at 03:02 PM.

Cuban has close to $35 million in cap space next season. That's some series dough. Amesty clause might be used.
    Edmond Bear, put Denver's Brewer on thee floor for game one and game two. The Thunder don't win those games. The shutdown defenders are limited to Kidd and Marion on the wing on this year's roster. Kidd actually bodies up Durant fairly well. Brewer had a great game against Westbrook last week. Those in the know understand the Brewer loss (a young player let go to create salary cap space).

Thread Information