+ Reply to Thread

5/1 Regional Projections

I REALLY like this one from ESPN today...also, we are still #1 in their power rankings after holding NMSt to 5 runs in 2 games (they avg over 9/game)

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/bl...-ncaa-baseball

Waco Regional
    No. 2 Baylor
    Sam Houston State
    Dallas Baptist
    Stony Brook

matched up with

Houston Regional
    Rice
    TCU
    Texas
    Monmouth

Certainly a plausible bracket, although I will say that if it's close between Arizona and Fullerton for the final regional hosting spot, look for Fullerton to get the nod, as that would allow the committee to pair the Fullerton regional with Stanford or UCLA and potentially cut down on some travel expense at the super regional round. If Rice doesn't get a national seed, I think Baylor-Rice and LSU-A&M super regional pairings are just about inevitable.

split time between the 'Pell and the Cliff with stops to the 'Co
    that is a pretty salty Houston regional

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BaylorHooah View Post
    Yeah, if that's what the matchups end up being. Super Regional matchup (assuming we get there and barring a melt-down, we should) won't be an easy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bear View Post
    Yeah, if that's what the matchups end up being. Super Regional matchup (assuming we get there and barring a melt-down, we should) won't be an easy one.
    Super Regionals are rarely going to be an easy matchup. Obviously last year we would've hosted Dallas Baptist, but generally speaking, you're going to play a really good team in the Supers.

Never mind Johnny...I realize I pretty much repeated what you said. My reading comprehension is failing me today.
    Last edited by BUPIKE12; 05-03-12 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaylorHooah View Post
    Holy Monmouth, Batman! Pi Phis and Kappas must come out to support the mother ship!

I didnt think that the Aggies , BU and Rice would all host a regional . Thought it would only be two

Expect another hilarious meltdown on texags if they end up in Rice's regional.

I would be happy to be matched up with anyone coming out of that Houston regional above in the Super esp if we are hosting...Not impressed with any of them

Thread Information