+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
05-02-12, 08:55 AM #1Baylor Basketball fan (1711 points)
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
- Tampa, FL
- My Mood
Men should not be ordained ministers
A commentary presented in the Internet's favorite form: a top ten list.
10. A manís place is in the army.
9. The pastoral duties of men who have children might distract them from the responsibility of being a parent.
8. The physique of men indicates that they are more suited to such tasks as chopping down trees and wrestling mountain lions. It would be ďunnaturalĒ for them to do ministerial tasks.
7. Man was created before woman, obviously as a prototype. Thus, they represent an experiment rather than the crowning achievement of creation.
6. Men are too emotional to be priests or pastors. Their conduct at football and basketball games demonstrates this.
5. Some men are handsome, and this will distract women worshipers.
4. Pastors need to nurture their congregations. But this is not a traditional male role. Throughout history, women have been recognized as not only more skilled than men at nurturing, but also more fervently attracted to it. This makes them the obvious choice for ordination.
3. Men are prone to violence. No really masculine man wants to settle disputes except by fighting about them. Thus they would be poor role models as well as dangerously unstable in positions of leadership.
2. The New Testament tells us that Jesus was betrayed by a man. His lack of faith and ensuing punishment remind us of the subordinated position that all men should take.
1. Men can still be involved in church activities, even without being ordained. They can sweep sidewalks, repair the church roof, and perhaps even lead the song service on Fatherís Day. By confining themselves to such traditional male roles, they can still be vitally important in the life of the church.
05-02-12, 09:53 AM #2BU, Rangers, Cowboys fan (5351 points)
- Join Date
- Oct 2002
- Blog Entries
1. Male Catholic ministers like to rape kids.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)