+ Reply to Thread

Moves are likely to continue

http://www.rgj.com/article/20120506/...305060083/1018

The Big 12 hired a new commissioner this week — former Stanford athletic director Bob Bowlsby — which could lead to another set of moves. Bowlsby inherits a 10-team conference that’s lost four schools in the past two years. The Big 12 is in the market for expansion, with speculation centering on a potential poaching of teams in the Big East.

“The Big East has made their moves, the Pac-12 has made their moves, the SEC has made their moves, the ACC has made their moves and the Big 10 has made their moves,” said Karl Benson, the former WAC commissioner who now runs the Sun Belt. “Now that the Big 12 has hired a new commissioner, that will trigger a lot of dialogue about potential expansion.”

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Generally the author is not saying anything profound that already hasn't been written and said, and the rest of it is a bit off.

University presidents are running the conferences, so I'm not sure what that Davies guy is talking about. The ADs are advisors, but the presidents make the decisions and grant the power to the conference commissioner. University presidents do have control over all of this.

And we're targeting the Big East? The only target in that conference is Louisville. There isn't another program in that league we'd be interested in. This guy is too far out of the loop to know what is happening.

He is off on the Big 12's Targets but he is right that the B12 is the next one to watch.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Florida State, Clemson and Miami are in the Big East. Keep up with the times people.

Forney,TX where Dallas ends and living begins.
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by NewVision View Post
    Florida State, Clemson and Miami are in the Big East. Keep up with the times people.
    Pull that tongue out of your cheek. You don't know where that tongue has been.
    "People shouldn't fear their government. Governments should fear their people." - V

Thread Information