+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    34,143
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by marco View Post
    The fact that they found something is not inconsequential. We are on probation, iirc. There can be NOTHING going forward or the hammer will come down. That said, these clowns need to keep hating and I drink their tears of misery.
    actually it is inconsequential b/c what they found they had already declared they were going to make it legal.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    11,097
    My Mood
    Angelic
    "Drew got Baylor to be good, so he must be cheating."

    Logically, therefore, only schools which have historically been good can ever be good, because if a school was bad and then becomes good, they are by definition cheating.

    So, um, why bother to play the games?
    Once a Baylor Bear, always a Baylor Bear.

    We are Baylor!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjYU9Q5xKo8

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,273
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by JXL View Post
    "Drew got Baylor to be good, so he must be cheating."

    Logically, therefore, only schools which have historically been good can ever be good, because if a school was bad and then becomes good, they are by definition cheating.

    So, um, why bother to play the games?
    Duh... only Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Ohio State, Kansas, Kentucky and UCLA are allowed to win NCAA championships. You didn't know that?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroBear View Post
    They also reveal themselves to be giant bigots in the quote section. "If it wasn't all that 'God' stuff, people wouldn't despise him as much."

    On a different note, I think there is adequate grounds to sue CBS over this, or at least send them a very nasty letter. This is probably libelous, even though it is written in a way to allow them to say "we're just reporting coaches' perceptions!" It might tip over the line in certain cases in Texas and New York.
    While I did find that quote pretty ridiculous there is certainly nothing that would warrant a libel charge lol

  5. #25
    The thing that makes me the most mad is that this is our first top 10 class, so when people talk about all that talent they aren't really talking about much.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilko View Post
    Duh... only Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Ohio State, Kansas, Kentucky and UCLA are allowed to win NCAA championships. You didn't know that?
    Based on the officiating during our game against Duke you might not be far off.

    Yes I'm still butthurt.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    11,395
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Moire Drew Hate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybear View Post
    While I did find that quote pretty ridiculous there is certainly nothing that would warrant a libel charge lol
    The quote isn't the libel. There are some cases in Texas supporting the idea that you can't intentionally set up a straw man interview to trash somebody and hide behind the fiction by stating that you were just asking for folk's perception.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Grapevine, TX
    Posts
    9,063
    Even the author won't put his name on this, much less the coaches. This is school ground gossip from coaches still smarting from the whooping they've gotten from us. How do we get PJ3? We start recruiting him before anyone else- 8th grade. It's not rocket surgery- Drew outworks the other coaches. Ask the HS/AAU coaches in TX.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    split time between the 'Pell and the Cliff with stops to the 'Co
    Posts
    7,683
    Quote Originally Posted by EsteOso View Post
    Based on the officiating during our game against Duke you might not be far off.

    Yes I'm still butthurt.
    Until the day that we beat Duke and win a NC I will continue to be butthurt. Winning a NC without beating Duke would be fine but beating Dickie V's man crush en route to a title would be the icing on the cake.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Austin, TX USA
    Posts
    25,347
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilko View Post
    Duh... only Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Ohio State, Kansas, Kentucky and UCLA are allowed to win NCAA championships. You didn't know that?
    Switch out Ohio State (whose one title came in 1960) with Indiana (5) and UCONN (3).

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Austin, TX USA
    Posts
    25,347
    Quote Originally Posted by sonuvabear View Post
    Even the author won't put his name on this, much less the coaches. This is school ground gossip from coaches still smarting from the whooping they've gotten from us. How do we get PJ3? We start recruiting him before anyone else- 8th grade. It's not rocket surgery- Drew outworks the other coaches. Ask the HS/AAU coaches in TX.
    Yep, on the afternoon show here in Austin (104.9FM), Sean Adams gave Scott Drew the most hesitant of compliments when he said, "Usain Bolt is like Scott Drew and Lance Armstrong ... everyone says they are cheating, but until I see the evidence, I can't say anything on the air".

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Austin, TX USA
    Posts
    25,347
    Quote Originally Posted by FishThtSvdWaco View Post
    The most important piece of the article:

    "By Eye on College Basketball staff "

    I wouldn't put my name on something like that either..
    To be fair, they listed their names in the Introductory paragraph.

    CBSSports.com's college basketball quartet of Gary Parrish, Jeff Goodman, Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander ....

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Forney,TX where Dallas ends and living begins.
    Posts
    3,887
    My Mood
    Amused
    Skaters gonna skate


    Name:  inline-skating.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  63.6 KB
    "People shouldn't fear their government. Governments should fear their people." - V

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    at the intersection of x and y
    Posts
    13,612
    My Mood
    Pensive

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by caesarscott View Post
    actually it is inconsequential b/c what they found they had already declared they were going to make it legal.
    Since we're currently on probation because of it, by definition it's not inconsequential. Probation is a current consequence of the violation.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Grapevine, TX
    Posts
    9,063
    Quote Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
    Yep, on the afternoon show here in Austin (104.9FM), Sean Adams gave Scott Drew the most hesitant of compliments when he said, "Usain Bolt is like Scott Drew and Lance Armstrong ... everyone says they are cheating, but until I see the evidence, I can't say anything on the air".
    Same Sean Adams that used to run the Baylor Rivals site.

  17. #37
    To be fair, they listed their names in the Introductory paragraph.
    and they are being blasted by their peers in the media..rightfully so..

    Same Sean Adams that used to run the Baylor Rivals site.
    Part of the reason this site thrived when Rivals was around was that many folks concluded that Adams and his organization had zero loyalty to Baylor or interest in their success.

    People can say whatever they want about Baylor, but the fanbase holds deep sentiments about our place in the collegiate world.

    Baylor isn't AnyOldStateUniversity..

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Axtell/WHS
    Posts
    700
    I clicked on this thread expecting to see a black and white pic of Rick Barnes wearing a fedora in the rain.

  19. #39
    On Scott Drew: "I don't even have to blink when I say the answer. He's despised by a lot of people because he comes off holier than God. Meanwhile, everyone knows he's had to cheat big-time to get the program to where it's at. If it wasn't for the God stuff he wouldn't rub people the wrong way as much."


    So basically if he didn't pull that Christian stuff we wouldn't mind him so much, nevermind that he cheats. If people are going to hate on drew because of his faith based angle while coaching at a faith based school, than can go ahead and think what they want, in my mind their opinion is already discounted.

    http://kingtrumpsace.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/haters-gonna-hate.gif?w=610

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,292
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by sonuvabear View Post
    Even the author won't put his name on this, much less the coaches. This is school ground gossip from coaches still smarting from the whooping they've gotten from us. How do we get PJ3? We start recruiting him before anyone else- 8th grade. It's not rocket surgery- Drew outworks the other coaches. Ask the HS/AAU coaches in TX.
    Icwutudidther...



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts