+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cormac McCarthy Previews the Big XII

Solid stuff from Wide Right and Natty Light:

http://www.widerightnattylite.com/20...ws-the-big-xii

I like the concept.

The execution was poor, but 20% of the material was pretty good.

Given that no one at WRNL, or at Iowa State for that matter, is smart enough to do McCarthy, I will call it a commendable effort.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Eh. Too contrived for my taste.

I've always been tickled by the irony of people in places like Ames (or Manhattan, KS, or Stoolwater, OK or Lubbock or College Station) calling Waco "Hell".

My Mood
    Amused
    This write up contains some violent and gory imagery... That said, I hope we cut out the living guts of all our Big 12 opponents and use them to grease the treads of our Bear Tank as we crush the living s.hit out of their fracturing bones.
    Last edited by McCavebear; 08-24-12 at 03:24 PM. Reason: a dash of guts and glory

WRNL shows once again why they're the best CFB blog in the land. All I want to know is when the return of chockopockets is, so that I can properly plan.

I'm glad we got the revival scene from "Blood Meridian"...quite fitting. However, after last season I'm pretty sure CAB could lead the apostasy into the gates of hell and nobody wearing green and gold would ever lay a finger on him.

My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by McCavebear View Post
    This write up contains some violent and gory imagery... That said, I hope we cut out the living guts of all our Big 12 opponents and use them to grease the treads of our Bear Tank as we crush the living s.hit out of their fracturing bones.
    I don't want to hear any reports that say we're holding our position. We're not gonna hold anything but our opponents by the nose-- and we're gonna kick the hell out of them all the time! And go through them like crap through a goose!
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs42/f/20...by_Denryuu.png

My Mood
    Amused
    IMO, a meager, pretentious, and unstatisfactory post that holds very little substiance. The only worthy word in this blog is his rating of the programs in question. In addition, IMO, he's totally ignoring what the programs actually look like right now. OU is in trouble. WVU is overrated due to a great performance in the bowl game at the end of last year.

If a guy is going to post for a nationally known website, he might need to actually do some research rather than pass himself off as a modern day Shakespeare.
    Respect the game!
    We are Baylor, Baylor we will always be!

SoldierHorn is offline UT, Baylor, UMHB, TJC... fan SoldierHorn will become famous soon enough (62 points)
    Kansas: The coach is dancing. Towering over his team, his enormous girth huge and pale and hairless, like a monstrous infant. He never sleeps, he says. He says he'll never die. He wants to be a suzerain. A lord who rules even where there are other rulers.
    I have to admit, that made me laugh.

Not my cup of tea either. When a bleacher report comes up, some say br;dr. I now have cm;dr.

Am I the only one that has a problem with this self-important hack saying Baylor Nation thinks our current qb is a "turd" and that we want to lynch him already? Did I read the same article?

Quote Originally Posted by Strat View Post
    Not my cup of tea either. When a bleacher report comes up, some say br;dr. I now have cm;dr.
    Not sure if serious.

Quote Originally Posted by BearN View Post
    Am I the only one that has a problem with this self-important hack saying Baylor Nation thinks our current qb is a "turd" and that we want to lynch him already? Did I read the same article?
    Briles is the turd in the analogy, and it parrots a scene from Blood Meridian which is noted above.

It's funny, or is supposed to be. I found it funny, but I'm a big Cormac McCarthy fan, so, there's that.
    Last edited by PatrickMcHorn; 08-24-12 at 04:39 PM.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by BearN View Post
    I didn't appreciate his rating or characterization of us. I hope that we can return the favor at the end of the season by providing his eulogy as a sports writer.

big cormac fan. sh*t article. very unfunny, buts its from WRNL...so not surprised

Wow. I think that might be one of their best posts ever.

I loved it. Some of it is straight out of his work. Blood Meridian (magnum opus) has been mentioned in there, but I also recognized All the Pretty Horses and The Road. Awesome!
    Last edited by NOVA Bear; 08-24-12 at 10:30 PM.

My Mood
    Busy
    Not that impressed.

Reminds me of a parrot. Parrots know how to talk. But they can't really speak ...

I agree SoldierHorn, this was funny: "Kansas: The coach is dancing. Towering over his team, his enormous girth huge and pale and hairless, like a monstrous infant."

Does anyone else think Charlie Weis looks like Rodney Dangerfield?

I guess I'm not artsy-fartsy/hipster enough to appreciate his preview. Reading it was a complete waste of my time.

Thread Information