+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
09-20-12 09:03 PM #1
Soccer Opens Big 12 Play At Oklahoma, Hosts SFA
#25 Baylor (8-1-1)
at Oklahoma (4-2-2)
John Crain Field (3,500)
Stephen F. Austin (6-2-0)
vs. #25 Baylor (8-1-1)
Betty Lou Mays Soccer Field (1,500)
WACO, Texas - The conference portion of the Baylor soccer team's 2012 schedule gets underway on Friday as the Bears travel to Norman, Okla., to face the Oklahoma Sooners (4-4-2) at 7 p.m. On Sunday, BU (8-1-1) will play the final nonconference game of the season by hosting Stephen F. Austin (6-2-0) at 6 p.m.
The Big 12 opener at Oklahoma will be broadcast on Sooner Sports TV and air live on FS Oklahoma+. GameTracker will also be provided via SoonerSports.com and can be accessed through BaylorBears.com.
The action of Sunday's match against SFA will be live audio streamed on BaylorBears.com. The audio feed is free and will start 10 minutes prior to kickoff. The official website of Baylor Athletics will also provide live stats via GameTracker or follow @BaylorFutbol on Twitter for updates.
• In 10 games this season, Baylor has outshot its opposition by a 232-51 margin. The Bears have had at least 10 shots in every game and are averaging 23.2 shots per contest.
• Baylor currently leads the Big 12 Conference in every offensive and several defensive categories. On the offensive side, the Bears rank first in shots (232), points (78), goals (28), goals per game (2.80), assists (22) and assists per game (2.20). On the defensive end, Baylor has allowed the fewest goals (4), has the best goals against average (0.39) and leads the league with seven shutouts.
• At 8-1-1, Baylor is off to its best start during Marci Jobson's tenure and the second best start in school history. In each of the last three seasons, the Bears have opened at least 6-1-1.The best start in program history came in 1996 when the Bears began the year 12-1-1.
• After two wins last week, Baylor is back in the National Soccer Coaches Association poll at No. 25. BU is also ranked No. 18 by CollegeSportsMadness.com and receiving votes in the latest Soccer Times poll. In TopDrawerSoccer.com's projection of the NCAA Championship field, BU is listed at No. 22.
• With Sunday's 5-0 victory over Houston Baptist, fifth-year head coach Marci Jobson became the winningest coach in program history. Her current record stands at 47-28-14. Jobson's 47 wins surpass Randy Waldrum's previous record of 46 posted during his time in Waco from 1996-98. Jobson will be honored for her achievement prior to Sunday's match versus SFA.
• This season on the road, Baylor is 4-1-1, which ties the road win total from all of last season and is the most since 1999. Under the direction of Jobson, BU is 14-17-7 in road contests. The best season on the road for the program came in 1996 with an 8-1 record.
• Currently, the Bears have a six-match win streak at home. The last loss for BU at Betty Lou Mays Soccer Field came on October 21, 2011 versus then-ranked No. 2 Oklahoma State, 1-0. Since 2010, the Bears are 23-3-3 at home. Jobson's complete home record is 32-10-6.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)