+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 90
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    31.558151 N, 97.115668 W
    Posts
    5,592

    Who should replace Mack Brown?

    As Baylor fans, we can only hope that, if UT replaces Mack, they bring in a real dud who keeps their program down for years to come. In that line of thought, who should they be considering? Trick is, for maximum effect, it has to be somebody that will continually give the big donors hope so they keep him on for a decade in spite of poor performance, so no Steal for instance. It's a delicate balance, so I would appreciate your input just in case deloss calls me for advice.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas Baaaybeeee
    Posts
    10,711
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mark Richt by your criteria.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMcHorn View Post
    Mark Richt by your criteria.
    Good option.

    Or lure Muschamp back?

  4. #4
    Jerry Jones

  5. #5
    Firing Brown is about like them having fired Royal. Not happening in other words. That said I suspect he only wants to do it another 5 seasons or so max.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,599
    After next week, I hope MB wins a few more games and gets them to the Independence Bowl so he stays on. God forbid they ever land a top quality coach down there.

  7. #7
    Mack is/was at least when they hired him. So in other words Texas under a top notch coach would be like the Brown era up until the 10 season.

  8. #8
    Peterson.

    Petersen?

    However it is spelled.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by KODIAK View Post
    Mack is/was at least when they hired him. So in other words Texas under a top notch coach would be like the Brown era up until the 10 season.
    Disagree. He's done a little with a lot. Better than his predecessors, but not up to the talent level he pulls in. He won a NC with a QB that had off the charts athletic ability. Credit him with setting up the recruiting machine that brought him in, along with the talent around him. But, when you're bringing in consistent top 5 or so recruiting classes, you're off years should be the ones you aren't competing for the NC.

    When I say top quality, I mean Saban/Meyer quality (not them, per se, but the next one like them). They are rare, but I'm happy they've not had one since the Royal era.

  10. #10
    They had a run in the top 5 or 6 in the BCS from 2000-the first quarter of the 2010 season. Unfortunately for them so did OU who was also in their conf division. Saban and Meyer aren't winning the national title every year either.

  11. #11
    Mack Brown is a class act . He has done much for the UT football program . Look at their stadium before and after he joined . Look at the money that pours in . 2 national championship games and many ( 10 ? ) straight 10 win seasons .

    He will not be fired ever from UT but will like DR one day retire

    It does show you the power of the QB . With Young and McCoy amd Applewhite he sure looked smart , and without a good QB he now looks not quite as smart
    Last edited by Let'sRoll; 10-15-12 at 05:41 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas Baaaybeeee
    Posts
    10,711
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Let'sRoll View Post
    Mack Brown is a class act . He has done much for the UT football program . Look at their stadium before and after he joined . Look at the money that pours in . 2 national championship games and many ( 10 ? ) straight 10 win seasons .

    He will not be fired ever from UT but will like DR one day retire

    It does show you the power of the QB . With Young and McCoy amd Applewhite he sure looked smart , and without a good QB he now looks not quite as smart
    No, he never really looked smart, just like he had 3X as much talent on the field than everyone except OU.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TopQuarkBear View Post
    As Baylor fans, we can only hope that, if UT replaces Mack, they bring in a real dud who keeps their program down for years to come. In that line of thought, who should they be considering? Trick is, for maximum effect, it has to be somebody that will continually give the big donors hope so they keep him on for a decade in spite of poor performance, so no Steal for instance. It's a delicate balance, so I would appreciate your input just in case deloss calls me for advice.
    I vote Phil Bennett

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    3,930
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    In all reality, I think the next coach may be Manny Diaz or Major Applewhite (only Applewhite if Mack stays on for several more years).

    To answer your scenario, my vote is for Randy Edsall.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,730
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Blog Entries
    1
    Al Groh is now available and would be an excellent choice.

    Would the horns throw 10 million a year at Nick Saban? Or maybe just endorse over the checks from the LHN to him.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    3,344
    Chizik. This would be a fantastic hire lol

  17. #17
    I like Mack and think he has been good for Texas. If I was a UT fan I would give him one more year after this year. Ash, Daje Johnson, Gray, Brown, shipley, and Berjeron are all sophomores and freshman. Texas is still trying to get over the bust that was Garret Gilbert. Mack is and always has been a great recruiter who left the X's and O's to high profile coordinators. In the last 10 years Texas has played in 4 BCS games and 2 national championship games. Besides this week, I hope Texs wins out to keep Brown.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    2,950
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Petersen, Paul Rhoads, G Patterson, and Sonny Dykes would all win MNC if they had UT's talent. I don't know who UT beats on the rest of their schedule but they better win most of them or it's time he retires. Additionally UT makes more money with their athletic department than anyone in the country but all their primary sports under-perform as badly if not worst than aTm. I would fire Dodds before Mack.

  19. #19
    If they asked me for advice I'd recommend Kevin Steele...a guy with college coaching experience and NFL coaching experience too. Perfect for them.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Posts
    5,679
    Bob Stoops. Give him $7,000,000 per year.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts