+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    331

    Just sayin' ...We will win big and why

    We have hyped ourselves into thinking that since OSU is apparently the only other good team in the Big 12 that we have to be worried. I just spent the better part of the afternoon looking at the stats. and videos posted of their games, especially their defensive backs. Not all their games have videos ( Lamar, UTSA...) but go ahead and watch their interceptions. Most that I saw are on woefully underthrown balls or overthrown balls. There was not this super tight coverage where they athletically came out the winner...in fact they had been beaten and the receiver was open.

    Their whole success seems to ride on the short field. Long punt returns/kickoffs and int's. If we have good kick coverage we are fine.

    On offense, they do love to hit quick up the seem behind the linebackers with a quick throw or the quarterback draw type play. Even had a flea flicker to an open receiver up the seam.

    We will win big. My guess is in the range of 56-21. Maybe more. Remember this team got beat by WVU and made Trickett look like Namath or Montana.

    Petty will have a big game. Will get more hype for the Heisman... BOOK IT!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    537
    My Mood
    Happy
    They have improved a lot since WVU. Baylor wins but it will be close.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Henderson TX
    Posts
    121
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'll take mine with Tito's and a twist of lime. Totally on board!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,612
    I hope you're right. I see them like us last year only they didn't struggle to the extent that we did last year, but they're playing lights out now.
    I waffle on whether I think we'll win or not. I generally lean towards that we will win, but we cannot afford to come out flat and start slow again.

  5. #5
    We will win. Don't worry!! It is our destiny.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Temple, TX USA
    Posts
    3,745
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I just came. Sorry.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Beaumont,Tx77707
    Posts
    1,300
    Chumly , we will not fail.(Tennessee Tuxedo, a TV cartoon show in the late 50's and 60's, for you young bucks who don 't know what I'm talking about)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Seguin, Tx.
    Posts
    13,188
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    We got this. It is our time. Baylor has done a spectacular job of taking care of the football this season. Okla. State has done a great job of forcing turnovers and taking it away. We will see who blinks on Saturday. Should be a great game!

    RD2

  9. #9
    I'm getting more confident every day.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Lone Star Republic
    Posts
    5,498
    My Mood
    Amused
    I predict we will achieve penetration and score repeatedly soon after we see their panties...
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4R0zvrVAoX...leaders-38.jpg

  11. #11
    Oklahoma State's success has been with smoke and mirrors. There QB play is average at best and their offensive line is just bleh. Baylor is worlds better than any defense they have played this year. They have TOTAL inability to stretch the field with their wide receivers and that is a big problem for them. Their tailback is servicbale -- about like OU's TB. You see how that worked for them. In fact, looking at KSU, eve Huber didn't do anything.

    Reality will hit home for their defense when they try to line up against our offensive line. If they thing Drango out makes a that huge a difference they will be mistaken. Drango was dragging one leg by the end of the OU game and was playing on one leg the entire TT game before he was replaced. Did you guys notice how we went straight at them running the ball with Colbert in there and scored two more TDs at the end of that game? That was Colbert!

    They have one really good corner. Well who is going to cover Levi, Corey, Clay, Jay and Robbie? Huh?

    And we have a Belitnikoff candidate in Goodley. Who wants to bet that in man coverage there stud corner gets burnt like a cheap cookie at least twice? And that will be two touchdowns even if Goodley doesn't catch another ball. Good luck OSU ---- Because that's your only hope. (or may Obi Wan)

    Baylor Bears -- 2013 BCS National Champions

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    886
    Have you watched any OSU games ? Aside from maybe WVU?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Inside the 45 cubic ft Curtis Mathes console TV
    Posts
    4,006
    Tim.
    roast...

  14. #14
    Shhhhhh, I think one of them found us.

  15. #15
    It isn't about how good or how nearly good Oklahoma State is..It is that they have only lost one game...That is one more loss than we have...They are 9-1 and they stomped Texas Tech in Lubbock and kicked Texas's butt in Austin...Any team that is 9-1 deserves all kinds of respect...especially since they are playing in that extra large open air basketball arena called T. Boone Pickens Stadium...They have not lost at home...Only those who have never played serious football will see things otherwise...This a game that requires our very best game of the season and a minimum of mistakes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubear View Post
    We have hyped ourselves into thinking that since OSU is apparently the only other good team in the Big 12 that we have to be worried. I just spent the better part of the afternoon looking at the stats. and videos posted of their games, especially their defensive backs. Not all their games have videos ( Lamar, UTSA...) but go ahead and watch their interceptions. Most that I saw are on woefully underthrown balls or overthrown balls. There was not this super tight coverage where they athletically came out the winner...in fact they had been beaten and the receiver was open.

    Their whole success seems to ride on the short field. Long punt returns/kickoffs and int's. If we have good kick coverage we are fine.

    On offense, they do love to hit quick up the seem behind the linebackers with a quick throw or the quarterback draw type play. Even had a flea flicker to an open receiver up the seam.

    We will win big. My guess is in the range of 56-21. Maybe more. Remember this team got beat by WVU and made Trickett look like Namath or Montana.

    Petty will have a big game. Will get more hype for the Heisman... BOOK IT!!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,891
    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYLANCE View Post
    Have you watched any OSU games ? Aside from maybe WVU?
    I am more worried about angry drunk pokes after the game than yalls football team.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    886
    Our fans are pretty good, although , as with any game, there will be a lot of students, they can get rowdy

  18. #18
    marco's Avatar
    marco is offline Admiral of the III'd Fleet clap of thunder fan marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute (14184 points)
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    33,656
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyjspoon View Post
    It isn't about how good or how nearly good Oklahoma State is..It is that they have only lost one game...That is one more loss than we have...They are 9-1 and they stomped Texas Tech in Lubbock and kicked Texas's butt in Austin...Any team that is 9-1 deserves all kinds of respect...especially since they are playing in that extra large open air basketball arena called T. Boone Pickens Stadium...They have not lost at home...Only those who have never played serious football will see things otherwise...This a game that requires our very best game of the season and a minimum of mistakes...
    Yup, must respect their road record. We've done well ourselves and this will be the toughest game of the year but for some reason I do feel that we will win.

    I can only say that my positivity involves an Irish female coworker, Notre Dame getting a chance to play for a national championship last year, the role Baylor played in that, and a bet involving a tattoo.

    She's our "Lucky Charm".

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    5,318
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYLANCE View Post
    Our fans are pretty good, although , as with any game, there will be a lot of students, they can get rowdy
    The students are very good. OSU has a lot of old blue hair fans like Baylor does.

    I have watched every game OSU has played except for KU and one of the non conference games that was a blowout. I watched as Chelf was shown a short leash against MSU and I thought Gundy made a short term fix for a long term problem.

    I wish they were both undefeated right now. If Chelf had stayed in I submit they would be and this game would have even more excitement.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    886
    Chelf is one of those guys that just gets things done, he is not overly talented but he just does the right thing......Walsh is a big time talent and was really hurt by inconsistent OL play...... the OL is now playing well and it has shown with our offensive productivity.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts