+ Reply to Thread
    My Mood
    Inspired

The Only thing that really pissed me off...

I froze my balls off to watch that.

Literally.

I don't have balls anymore, I have 2 ice cubes.

Anyways, it was so cold to me, I couldn't hardly concentrate on the game. I'm not making any excuses, but I'm sure it effected our team a little.

My Mood
    Inspired
    For those who were not there it was brutally cold.
    Lol. Which (Season) prediction do you think is going to be more correct at the end of the season?

AtexBear

My Mood
    Busy
    Everyone knew it was going to be freezing. Come prepared next time.

My Mood
    Inspired
    I was wearing 4 layers and still have ice cubes for balls. Shove it Cardinal Fan.

My Mood
    Devilish
    better get someone to warm your balls back up

My Mood
    Inspired
    I was prepared. Multiple layers with hand and foot warmers. Didn't matter as the wind cut through everyone like a knife. Including the OSU fans.
    Lol. Which (Season) prediction do you think is going to be more correct at the end of the season?

AtexBear

My Mood
    Happy
    Yeah my skinny ass would have been miserable too.

Quote Originally Posted by DentonBear02 View Post

Literally.

Anyways, it was so cold to me, I couldn't hardly concentrate on the game. I'm not making any excuses, but I'm sure it effected our team a little.
    That wasn't cold! Bunch of wimps!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Breezy
    I watched it in front of my fireplace with my dogs in my lap and a drink in hand. It was still miserable. Worst feeling since Louisville mugged Griner & the Lady Bears.
    “It’s execution and production and just doing what we’re supposed to do, and doing it with a lot of predictable outcomes. ... We don’t ever want to look at a play and not see what we’re looking for. We expect the play before anything ever happens.”
    Dr. Arthur Ray Briles
    Professor, Advanced Gridiron Engineering
    Baylor University

Quote Originally Posted by DentonBear02 View Post

Literally.

Now you know why I would refuse to go to the Pinstripe Bowl if selected!

The game temp was about 29-30, but did feel more like 24-25. Losing the game made it feel more like 15 degrees. It could have been way worse by adding snow and/or sleet to the mix as well.

I've spent more than my fair share of time sitting through football games at NIU in far worse conditions. Back then we smuggled in a bottle of peppermint schnapps to help keep us warm too.

Our guys were NOT prepared to play in that weather. When I saw Petty and Norwood and several other guys coming out in tank tops for their pre-game warm-up, I knew at that point that they had no clue what it was gonna be like for the next 4-5 hours. I know their intent was to show the OSU crowd that they were tough and could handle anything, but it back-fired big time.

Do our guys not practice throwing footballs that are pretty much frozen at all? Our entire team was not properly prepared for this game at all. It's really easy to pick two or three players to pin this loss to, but it was a team loss.

Our defense fell faster than a prom dress in May! Our average points allowed until yesterday was about 16. They gave up 42. The bad snap fumble with subsequent TD is on the offense.

Missing Drango, Seastrunk, Martin and Reese really crippled our offense. It's just too hard to replace these starters this late in the season. While Shock was a HUGE help in our last two wins, he was pretty much neutralized and ineffective last night.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Call the stadium maintenance crew. They probably have a large collection of testicles they have scraped off the seats.
    We look for love, no time for tears, wasted water’s all that is, and it don’t make no flowers grow

IT was Cold. but I am glad I was there to support the players

Thanks for the input from those there. On TV it was hard to tell whether crowd, cold, wind, or anything else was impacting our team. Even the crowd noise did not seem like a big deal on TV, but I suspect it was different there.

BooBoo,
    We know you experience brutal cold, but this was cold. I had 5 layers on and was still kind of cold. The wind was strong last night and that doesn't show up in the regular temperature.

I live in Oklahoma and have sat out at a few high school games this year in similar temps and last night was by far the worst. That wind was truly brutal.

I had 5 layers on with ski gloves and boots and by the end of the game I couldn't feel my hands or feet.

OSU and Baylor fans flocked to the exits during the third quarter. If I ever have to sit out at a game like that I am bringing battery operated heated socks and gloves and probably a flask of whatever makes me not care anymore, which would have made that showing by Baylor all the more bearable.

My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries
    And it always feels colder when your team is losing. And that's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post

Our guys were NOT prepared to play in that weather. When I saw Petty and Norwood and several other guys coming out in tank tops for their pre-game warm-up, I knew at that point that they had no clue what it was gonna be like for the next 4-5 hours.
    Isn't Norwood from Pennsylvania? He should have some familiarity with that weather.

Thread Information