+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baylorfan View Post
    CAB is deftly trolling UT. If they fall for it and offer, he turns them down and has another scalp on his belt for recruiting season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to look at it from this perspective from now on.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by GrrreenNGold View Post
    Once again, anyone who wants to coach football at ut needs to plan ahead. If Briles wants to be the horns coach, why would he help a future opponent get a long term major asset and why would he care about Baylor prospects in any future realignments???

It's fairly clear, to me at least, that Briles wants to coach at Baylor.

Grrr
    You think Mack Brown planned ahead???? He never asked for any improvements while coaching at NC because he was planning ahead to be the HC at Texas?

I'm pretty sure Baylor isn't building the new stadium just because CAB asked for it, and I never said he wanted to be the horns HC.

I think CAB wants to be Baylor's Coach as well - the recent 10 year contract extension proves that but once again, the new stadium or having asked for a new stadium alone likely will not prevent CAB from going to UT if that is what he wants to do now and an acceptable offer is made.
    The world is divided into two groups; those who sit in THE 324 and those who want to.

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier." - Colin Powell

Statesman: "Briles would take the Texas job if offered."

I sort of suspect that could be the game but before it happens it is creating some angst among some posters here. But hell I don't know that is what he is doing. I'm just not that worried.

Blog Entries
    Article had old news and more conjecture. Nothing to see here. Slow news day in Austin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by WAC_K_O BEAR View Post
    So true

Cry yourself to sleep b.itch...

http://www.stevenspointtapestry.org/...bambis-mom.jpg

If Briles was not interested, this would not be a story. Like others have said, he could put all the speculation to bed immediately and he has not. That bothers me. I cannot understand how you sign a contract knowing full well what is on the horizon if you have any interest or would even slightly entertain the idea of coaching in Austin. The questions are going to be coming at him from all directions now that this story is out there and it would certainly make his life easier if he put this to bed once and for all. If he does not, I don't like our chances. I feel bad for Ian because he has to put a big smile on his face all week knowing that this crap is out there. The pressure on Ian right now has to be off the charts. So much for soaking in all that goes with the festivities of a BCS birth. I bet all the players are getting hammered with texts as well.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyBear View Post
    I sort of suspect that could be the game but before it happens it is creating some angst among some posters here.
    I've been drinking fairly heavily myself tonight.

My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Baylorbears222 View Post
    My gut says UT takes James Franklin of Vanderbilt. I wish we would have paid Briles more than 4.5 and gave his staff bigger raises. Briles is worth 7 million to Baylor. I don't care if we have to scrap the entire school of music, let's just at least match the salary that UT would give him.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by baylorfan View Post
    CAB is deftly trolling UT. If they fall for it and offer, he turns them down and has another scalp on his belt for recruiting season.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Sampi82 View Post
    You think Mack Brown planned ahead???? He never asked for any improvements while coaching at NC because he was planning ahead to be the HC at Texas?

I'm pretty sure Baylor isn't building the new stadium just because CAB asked for it, and I never said he wanted to be the horns HC.

I think CAB wants to be Baylor's Coach as well - the recent 10 year contract extension proves that but once again, the new stadium or having asked for a new stadium alone likely will not prevent CAB from going to UT if that is what he wants to do now and an acceptable offer is made.
    The new stadium is more than an "improvement".

Who else at Baylor than Briles had the vision for, not to mention the ability to sell, the idea of a new stadium? If Baylor's BMDs had breakfast after Briles' 8-16 start and came up with this new stadium on their own, then I wonder what took them so long.

Briles. Vision. Stadium. Major Effing Commitment that not many HCs get. (Not Baylor HCs. Any HCs.)

But if you don't think it's a major factor in Briles' relationship with Baylor, that's cool.

Grrr

My Mood
    Cool
    This just in .... Texas to offer Saban...it's a lock.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by YoakDaddy View Post
    Article had old news and more conjecture. Nothing to see here. Slow news day in Austin.

Yup. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by midbear View Post
    If Briles was not interested, this would not be a story. Like others have said, he could put all the speculation to bed immediately and he has not. That bothers me. I cannot understand how you sign a contract knowing full well what is on the horizon if you have any interest or would even slightly entertain the idea of coaching in Austin. The questions are going to be coming at him from all directions now that this story is out there and it would certainly make his life easier if he put this to bed once and for all. If he does not, I don't like our chances. I feel bad for Ian because he has to put a big smile on his face all week knowing that this crap is out there. The pressure on Ian right now has to be off the charts. So much for soaking in all that goes with the festivities of a BCS birth. I bet all the players are getting hammered with texts as well.
    Maybe he thought signing the extension put the speculation to bed once and for all.

Grrr

I'm not sure Briles wants to coach in the Pac 12.

If UT offers and Briles says no, they will say there was "mutual interest" between the two.....and then, to save face, they will figure out a way to throw Mack under the bus.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by BearTruth View Post
    ... I am a friend of Briles. A good friend. He told me to my face that he is all about family and Baylor is Family. He said he wants to be the next Grant Teaff and leave his legacy at BU. ...
    Whew! Now I'll be able to sleep tonight. +rep

BTW, did he tell you what kind of statue pose he would like at the new stadium?
    Its execution and production and just doing what were supposed to do, and doing it with a lot of predictable outcomes. ... We dont ever want to look at a play and not see what were looking for. We expect the play before anything ever happens.
    Dr. Arthur Ray Briles
    Professor, Advanced Gridiron Engineering
    Baylor University

Yet another Briles to UT thread started by a UT troll

If there is any truth to the $4MM buyout number I feel we might have to kiss Art goodbye. That would mean that it was all Art would agree to and you damn well know Ian would have pushed for a MUCH higher number for a 10 year deal at over $4MM/yr.

I don't know, I would feel better if Art held a presser in the morning that put all this distraction to bed. "I will not be the next coach at University of Texas". Anything less than that statement, we should be working up a deal with Chad Morris.

OP I recommend you stop being such a ****** ... your in the back seat!

I had heard when the new deal was announced that the buyout was very steep and this was from someone who knew about the deal before it was official. Not claiming they are all knowing.

Thread Information