+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    Amazed

Vanished: Malaysian Airlines Flt 370

So it's been 4 days now without a single piece of evidence to locate the plane...what say you? Blown up to smithereens by terrorists, at the bottom of the ocean, vanished into thin air? How are the passengers' cell phones still ringing?

THE FLIGHT PATH

What we know: The Boeing 777-200ER took off from Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysian capital, at 12:41 a.m. Saturday (12:41 p.m. Friday ET). It was scheduled to arrive in Beijing at 6:30 a.m. the same day, after a roughly 2,700-mile (4,350-kilometer) journey. But around 1:30 a.m., air traffic controllers in Subang, outside Kuala Lumpur, lost contact with the plane over the sea between Malaysia and Vietnam.

What we don't know: What happened next. The pilots did not indicate any problem to the tower, and no distress signal was issued. Malaysian military officials cite radar data as suggesting the plane might have turned back toward Kuala Lumpur. But the pilots didn't tell air traffic control that they were doing so. And we don't know why the plane would have turned around.

Last edited by Jack Bauer; 03-11-14 at 09:59 AM.

my guess is that the entire plane was raptured... and the cell phones are in a low Earth orbit rapture storage container unit

My Mood
    Angelic
    Attention is being focused, last I heard, on two Iranians aboard.

My Mood
    Amazed
    I am waiting for katsung's post with False Flag item #762 that this was all created by the Canadian government to cover up election fraud in Winnipeg.

My Mood
    Amazed
    (CNN) -- The disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 does not appear to be related to terrorism, the head of the international police organization Interpol said Tuesday.

"The more information we get, the more we're inclined to conclude that it was not a terrorist incident" Interpol Secretary General Ronald Noble said at a news conference in Lyon, France.

Noble's comments echo those of a U.S. intelligence official, who told CNN on Monday that indications increasingly point toward an explanation other than terrorism.

Among the evidence pointing in that direction, Noble said: news from Malaysian authorities that one of two people said to be traveling on stolen passports, an Iranian, was trying to travel to his mother in Germany.

Further, there's no evidence to suggest either was connected to any terrorist organizations, according to Malaysian investigators.

The two passengers in question entered Malaysia using valid Iranian passports, Noble said at a news conference. But they used stolen Austrian and Italian passports to board the missing Malaysian plane, he said.

Spock: "Captain.. your rapture hypothesis is what you would know as a lovely outcome, however, it's seemingly based on hokey religious emotion.."

Doc McCoy: "Always stating the obvious you pointy eared hobgoblin... Well then Jim.. they are all just dead then..."

Spongebob got 'em.
    That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Missing MH370: Donít rely on Google Maps to search for plane, says Google

PETALING JAYA: Concerned people should not rely on Google Maps to search the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 as it is not live satellite feed.

With the search entering its fourth day on Tuesday, several concerned citizens called The Star, believing that they have discovered the missing airplane after scrolling through the Google Maps satellite images.

Pointing out various airplane images in Google Maps, which clearly shows images of an airplane, most members of the public believed that it was the lost airplane.

A concerned reader who called in, pointed out a location at the Vietnamese island of Cầu Ma ThiÍn L„nh, located south west of Ho Chi Minh City as the location of the airplane while another individual emailed the location coordinates of the missing airplane close to the Kenyir Dam in Terengganu.

A spokesperson from Google Malaysia said while various pictures of airplanes will be there at various locations throughout, these are not live images.

"Yes, the images may be there, but it is not real time satellite images as the images may have provided to us several weeks or months ago," he said when contacted.

He said that Google Maps or Google Earth images are usually contributed by third party sources, who provide images several weeks or months earlier.

"These images which are captured would sometimes contain images of airplanes usually on its flight path and cannot be presumed as a possible crash site," he added.

I read it likely turned west and traveled over the Strait of Malacca. That's an interesting twist. Why would they just shoot west like that?

Inside the 45 cubic ft Curtis Mathes console TV
    chinese shot it down?

seems plausible.

didn't they issue a no fly warning over the disputed territory?

and now they are saying the plane may have changed flight paths.

anyway - who knows.

seems like TWA 800 all over again. w/ the requisite cover story.

- BUmma

Quote Originally Posted by GUYTHEHAMMER View Post
    I read it likely turned west and traveled over the Strait of Malacca. That's an interesting twist. Why would they just shoot west like that?
    The FAA review of the Asiana crash in San Francisco criticized the flight crew's over-reliance on the plane's computer, noting that pilots' flying skills tend to atrophy when not used regularly. Something like that may be in play here.

The flight path took the plane off course, according to at least one source, about an hour into the flight, with its transponder shut off.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1717414

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03...radio-contact/

If this happened, finding the plane becomes next to impossible, given the limited resources in the area and the size of the Gulf of Thailand.

The terrain in Thailand and Vietnam also makes it difficult to find a plane that has gone down. It seems impossible to envision a safe landing in any of the likely countries where the plane came down.

CNN has a grim but reasonable hypothesis about what may have happened:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/10/world/...owns-unknowns/

"What we know: It's rare, but not unprecedented, for a commercial airliner to disappear in midflight. In June 2009, Air France Flight 447 was en route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris when communications ended suddenly from the Airbus A330, another state-of-the-art aircraft, with 228 people on board. It took four searches over nearly two years to find the bulk of Flight 447's wreckage and most of the bodies in a mountain range deep in the Atlantic Ocean. It took even longer to establish the cause of the disaster.

"What we don't know: Whether what happened to the missing Malaysia Airlines plane is similar to what happened to the Air France flight. Investigators attributed the Flight 447 crash to a series of errors by the pilots and their failure to react effectively to technical problems."

marco is offline Admiral of the III'd Fleet clap of thunder fan marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute (15094 points)
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Were there snakes on this plane?

Don't know what happened, but terrorism is looking less likely. It still could be, but less likely.

Seems like it had to be something sudden and catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by George Truett View Post
    Don't know what happened, but terrorism is looking less likely. It still could be, but less likely.

Seems like it had to be something sudden and catastrophic.

Something odd happened. Why turn off the transponder?

Quote Originally Posted by OldBear83 View Post
    Spongebob got 'em.
    Ooooooooooooo

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by OldBear83 View Post
    Something odd happened. Why turn off the transponder?
    I'm not a pilot, nor aware of protocol, but that seems very odd to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 40-0 View Post
    I'm not a pilot, nor aware of protocol, but that seems very odd to me as well.
    I haven't flown in years, and never got a commercial license, but my understanding is that you pretty much can't turn off a transponder by accident. And Boeing really likes redundant safety features, especially in a flagship model like the 777.

My Mood
    Amazed
    The latest twist...the flight DID turn around.

(CNN) -- Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 was hundreds of miles off course, traveling in the opposite direction from its original destination and had stopped sending identifying transponder codes before it disappeared, a senior Malaysian air force official told CNN Tuesday.
    If correct, these are ominous signs that could call into question whether someone in the cockpit might have deliberately steered the plane away from its intended destination, a former U.S. aviation investigator said.
    "This kind of deviation in course is simply inexplicable," said Peter Goelz, former managing director of the National Transportation Safety Board.
    However, veteran pilot Kit Darby, president of Aviation Information Resources, told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that mechanical problems could still explain everything: A power failure would have turned off the main transponder and its backup, he said.

According to the Malaysian Air Force official, who declined to be named because he is not authorized to speak to the media, the plane's transponder apparently stopped working at about the time flight controllers lost contact with it, near the coast of Vietnam. A transponder is an electrical instrument in commercial airline cockpits that continuously transmits information such as altitude, location, direction and speed.
    The Malaysian Air Force lost track of the plane over Pulau Perak, a tiny island in the Strait of Malacca -- many hundreds of miles from the usual flight path for aircraft traveling between Kuala Lumpur and Beijing, the official said.
    If the data cited by the source is correct, the aircraft was flying away from Beijing and on the opposite side of the Malay Peninsula from its scheduled route.

1. USA said they had 'thorough' satellite coverage of the area and there was no explosion of any kind.
    2. The transponder was 'turned off.'
    3. There is no debris of any kind at any location.
    4. The cell phones still worked days after the disappearing act. (Ruling out explosion over water or submersion)
    5. Military Radar tracks the plane heading west after transponder was shut off and that the plane lowered to a cruising altitude of 31000 feet.

If all of this information is factual, I am starting to believe this plane was hijacked and landed safely somewhere. Probably doesn't help the passengers on board, but there is absolutely zero evidence of an explosion or crash - and, the evidence points to the contrary in my opinion.

This would be fascinating if it were not such a tragedy.

Thread Information