+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    Twisted

Mack Brown to resign tonight

My inside sources from high atop Belmont Hall tell me that Mack Brown has refused to fire his coordinators as ordered and will resign in a press conference this evening.

LOL, ok... unlikely, but I would love it.

Maybe he can come to Tech to be our DC. Or better yet, maybe he can be the color man for Tech football. If those fall through, he can always do infomercials for teeth whiteners....

That is shocking if it is true.

My Mood
    Cool

Talking First a 9-3 coach is fired.....

Now we have a 10-3 coach preparing to resign???

Haven't the Whorns suffered enough?

Zebbie, you guys have to be feeling pretty good about next year. At least you didn't lose your bowl game, like the rest of the Big 12.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
    C.S. Lewis

That's consistent with what I heard at lunch today except that I didn't hear that it would happen so soon.

My Mood
    Amused
    That would really suck.

Can only mean one thing.....

Dammit.

My Mood
    Twisted
    I think he should be the spokesman for Head and Shoulders shampoo. The way he scratches his head on the sidelines makes it obvious he either has terminal dandruff and dry scalp of serious head lice.

My Mood
    Twisted
    This story has so much momentum now, it will be impossible to avert.

this is just a power move rumor if anything.
    If the rumors are true that Mack Brown's assistants were fired without his blessing (or he was forced to do so) then I think its a good move by him.
    I mean its not as though Mack is suffering from 5 loss seasons. He's won at least 9 games the past 6 years at UT. Seriously, the UT fans definitely need to get a clue...

Santa Rita
    Can you disclose what you heard at lunch?

This can only be good news for us. Say what you will about Mack Brown but the longhorns will be hard pressed to find a guy who can deliver 10 or 11 wins per year.

That would be great if it was true. A resignation in January would leave them scrambling like all hell. At this point, I'd be pretty dang surprised if they were able to upgrade. I'd love to see what it would do to their recruiting class.

This can only be good news for us.
    for sure

Hey, I understand they're still lookin' for a guy in Lincoln. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

robby- 2 words for ya:

Steve
    Spurrier...

He'll be alive and kicking in Austin this time next year...

Cool

Dodds is as clueless as Pederson. I'll bet good money now that neither Texas nor Nebraska win a National Championship in the next ten years.

Pecos, I think our offense will still be good, but certainly not anything near what we put out this year with the loss of symmons, welker, francis, & peters. Defense will be better. I was encouraged by our final five games, even the OU game b/c we turned over the ball so much-- it wasn't all the defense's fault.

Bowl win was good for the record books. I'll take 8-5 & a win over a service academy over 7-6 & a loss to an SEC team. Kids will see the 8 wins & that should help us in terms of recruiting. Bowl was also good for extra practices.

I think you guys will knock off aTm next year. Would that not be sweet?

Originally posted by utswaco
    I think he should be the spokesman for Head and Shoulders shampoo. The way he scratches his head on the sidelines makes it obvious he either has terminal dandruff and dry scalp of serious head lice.
    How about exlax or tufts? The way he coaches on the sidline-- he looks like he's pinching a huge loaf....

My Mood
    Twisted
    The problem with Mack Brown, Robby, is that anybody should be able to win 9 or 10 games a year in Austin. That's what Texas fans are so pissed about.

Even Mackodic recruited great players. Hell, I could do it, and I'd do it for half of what Mack Brown is getting.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Golfer, I assure you Dodds doesn't make the hiring decisions about head football coaches, but you're right about one thing...

He is clueless.

Zebbie- sorry buddy but Leach offense is so gimmicky and system oriented that you guys will just reload. It seems his offense can be run with mediocre to average talent. If you guys had a defense man yall would be unstoppable.

I wonder if Leach will realize this and go find himself a real defensive coordinator this offseason. doubtful

Its a shame that a school can have as much offense as Tech has and still lose 5 or 6 games...

Thread Information