+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Birmingham, Al
    Posts
    265

    Steele is top candidate for FSU job...


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    By the time I get to Phoenix....
    Posts
    20,201
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Um...I thought the Texans were gonna take him... I believe Kage hit it more on the head.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    609
    Somebody needs to clue this Donahue clown in. Or not, then we can all watch the demise of FSU.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Austin, Texas, USA
    Posts
    8,213
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog
    Somebody needs to clue this Donahue clown in. Or not, then we can all watch the demise of FSU.
    Sounds like a good plan to me - watching the demise of FSU that is. Hope they hire him.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    8,372
    Did Bobby Bowden die over the weekend?

  6. #6
    Sounds like he's a top candidate for lots of stuff. Wonder why he keeps not getting hire as anything but a position coach.

    Would be funny to see FSU start playing like it was a women's college again within a year or two of his hiring.

  7. #7
    and people in Florida thouhgt Zook got canned quick. they ain't seen nothin' yet.

  8. #8
    Please dear God let him get this.

    We don't ask for much........ at least we haven't gotten much. But this would make it a little better.

    And BTW, I am definitely on board with bearoc's statement. Does anyone else find it strange that he is supposedly a candidate for all of these different jobs, yet he never gets any offers, or even interviews for any of them?

    TC

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,518
    Blog Entries
    3
    I know that I will probably get ripped into for making this comment, but I always thought that Steele would do okay at a FSU, Tennessee, Alabama, Nebraska program that has inherit advantages. He's obviously proven that he's not a program builder, but he is a good PR/BS guy and if he's surrounded by top notch assistants he could be another Mack Brown type. Plus, didn't I read somewhere that he had a master's degree in X's and O's?
    Fite

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    562
    I think Steele has a PhD in x's and o's.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    I think Steele has a PhD in x's and o's.
    Those were my thoughts as I watched Justin Smith try to decapitate [insert name of poor, beat-up QB here] 8 or 9 times without a TE or a RB ever being sent to get in his way.

    There are so many good Steele Xs and Os moment that I probably shouldn't even get started. I wouldn't get anymore work done today.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Home with the most adorable baby ever!
    Posts
    14,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Fite
    I know that I will probably get ripped into for making this comment, but I always thought that Steele would do okay at a FSU, Tennessee, Alabama, Nebraska program that has inherit advantages. He's obviously proven that he's not a program builder, but he is a good PR/BS guy and if he's surrounded by top notch assistants he could be another Mack Brown type. Plus, didn't I read somewhere that he had a master's degree in X's and O's?
    I don't want to be the one to rip you here, but "good PR/BS guy"? The only PR/BS I ever heard him say was "we're making internal improvements." That's not good PR the first time, after the 20th time, it's not even moderate BS.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    From the land of the Hog
    Posts
    804
    Steele is GONE, praise Yahweh. Lets quit beating a dead horse. My GOD will this guy never leave. Let FSU have him.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    28,145
    Quote Originally Posted by bearoc
    Those were my thoughts as I watched Justin Smith try to decapitate [insert name of poor, beat-up QB here] 8 or 9 times without a TE or a RB ever being sent to get in his way.

    There are so many good Steele Xs and Os moment that I probably shouldn't even get started. I wouldn't get anymore work done today.
    bearoc
    That Justin Smith deal was some of most boneheaded coaching I've ever heard of.

    I would take you a whole day to point out 3 games worth of mistakes that boy made.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Houston, TX, USA
    Posts
    35,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog
    Somebody needs to clue this Donahue clown in. Or not, then we can all watch the demise of FSU.
    Sit back and watch...don't warn them.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Houston, TX, USA
    Posts
    35,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    I think Steele has a PhD in x's and o's.
    No, he's merely pH balanced...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    11,088
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Dear Santa-
    For Christmas this year, I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate the following:
    1) Kevin Steele named as the head coach of UT,
    2) Dennis Franchione leaves A$M for FSU, Colorado or any other program after two years of telling his players he'll never leave, and
    3) Horned Frogs are admitted to the Pac 10 (so they can get that big conference experience they've been begging for).

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by robby44
    bearoc
    That Justin Smith deal was some of most boneheaded coaching I've ever heard of.

    I would take you a whole day to point out 3 games worth of mistakes that boy made.
    It really is amazing that my head never exploded while watching a Steele-coached game.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Campeche Cove
    Posts
    29,911
    Please, please, please let this happen. I will give up beer for 2 weeks.

  20. #20
    Once again, I offer this letter of reference to provide to prospective employers of our beloved former gridiron leader. This letter provides the appearance of a positive endorsement, while truthfully conveying our disdain.


    Dear Mr. Bowden:

    Thank you for your inquiry about our former Head Football Coach, Kevin Steele.
    I am pleased to say that he is a previous leader of our football program.

    First of all,
    I most enthusiastically recommend this candidate with no qualifications whatsoever. You've probably heard that he has a doctorate in X's and O's. Indeed, we discovered that there is nothing you can teach a man like him. In fact, you would be fortunate to get Kevin to work for you.

    I can assure you that no man would be better for the job, and I would urge you to waste no time in making Mr. Steele an offer of employment.

    All in all, I cannot say enough good things about Kevin, or recommend him too highly.

    Sincerely,
    Ian McCaw

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts