+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Steele is top candidate for FSU job...

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Um...I thought the Texans were gonna take him... I believe Kage hit it more on the head.

Somebody needs to clue this Donahue clown in. Or not, then we can all watch the demise of FSU.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog
    Somebody needs to clue this Donahue clown in. Or not, then we can all watch the demise of FSU.
    Sounds like a good plan to me - watching the demise of FSU that is. Hope they hire him.

Did Bobby Bowden die over the weekend?

Sounds like he's a top candidate for lots of stuff. Wonder why he keeps not getting hire as anything but a position coach.

Would be funny to see FSU start playing like it was a women's college again within a year or two of his hiring.

and people in Florida thouhgt Zook got canned quick. they ain't seen nothin' yet.

Please dear God let him get this.

We don't ask for much........ at least we haven't gotten much. But this would make it a little better.

And BTW, I am definitely on board with bearoc's statement. Does anyone else find it strange that he is supposedly a candidate for all of these different jobs, yet he never gets any offers, or even interviews for any of them?

TC

Blog Entries
    I know that I will probably get ripped into for making this comment, but I always thought that Steele would do okay at a FSU, Tennessee, Alabama, Nebraska program that has inherit advantages. He's obviously proven that he's not a program builder, but he is a good PR/BS guy and if he's surrounded by top notch assistants he could be another Mack Brown type. Plus, didn't I read somewhere that he had a master's degree in X's and O's?
    Fite

I think Steele has a PhD in x's and o's.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    Those were my thoughts as I watched Justin Smith try to decapitate [insert name of poor, beat-up QB here] 8 or 9 times without a TE or a RB ever being sent to get in his way.

There are so many good Steele Xs and Os moment that I probably shouldn't even get started. I wouldn't get anymore work done today.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Fite
    I know that I will probably get ripped into for making this comment, but I always thought that Steele would do okay at a FSU, Tennessee, Alabama, Nebraska program that has inherit advantages. He's obviously proven that he's not a program builder, but he is a good PR/BS guy and if he's surrounded by top notch assistants he could be another Mack Brown type. Plus, didn't I read somewhere that he had a master's degree in X's and O's?
    I don't want to be the one to rip you here, but "good PR/BS guy"? The only PR/BS I ever heard him say was "we're making internal improvements." That's not good PR the first time, after the 20th time, it's not even moderate BS.

Steele is GONE, praise Yahweh. Lets quit beating a dead horse. My GOD will this guy never leave. Let FSU have him.

Quote Originally Posted by bearoc
    Those were my thoughts as I watched Justin Smith try to decapitate [insert name of poor, beat-up QB here] 8 or 9 times without a TE or a RB ever being sent to get in his way.

There are so many good Steele Xs and Os moment that I probably shouldn't even get started. I wouldn't get anymore work done today.
    bearoc
    That Justin Smith deal was some of most boneheaded coaching I've ever heard of.

I would take you a whole day to point out 3 games worth of mistakes that boy made.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog
    Sit back and watch...don't warn them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    No, he's merely pH balanced...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Dear Santa-
    For Christmas this year, I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate the following:
    1) Kevin Steele named as the head coach of UT,
    2) Dennis Franchione leaves A$M for FSU, Colorado or any other program after two years of telling his players he'll never leave, and
    3) Horned Frogs are admitted to the Pac 10 (so they can get that big conference experience they've been begging for).

Quote Originally Posted by robby44
    bearoc
    That Justin Smith deal was some of most boneheaded coaching I've ever heard of.

I would take you a whole day to point out 3 games worth of mistakes that boy made.
    It really is amazing that my head never exploded while watching a Steele-coached game.

Please, please, please let this happen. I will give up beer for 2 weeks.

Once again, I offer this letter of reference to provide to prospective employers of our beloved former gridiron leader. This letter provides the appearance of a positive endorsement, while truthfully conveying our disdain.

Dear Mr. Bowden:

Thank you for your inquiry about our former Head Football Coach, Kevin Steele.
    I am pleased to say that he is a previous leader of our football program.

First of all,
    I most enthusiastically recommend this candidate with no qualifications whatsoever. You've probably heard that he has a doctorate in X's and O's. Indeed, we discovered that there is nothing you can teach a man like him. In fact, you would be fortunate to get Kevin to work for you.

I can assure you that no man would be better for the job, and I would urge you to waste no time in making Mr. Steele an offer of employment.

All in all, I cannot say enough good things about Kevin, or recommend him too highly.

Sincerely,
    Ian McCaw

Thread Information