+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Does my 18 month old need a ticket?

I am bringing my 18-month old son to his first game this Saturday. Does anyone know if he needs his own ticket? Some schools require every human to have a ticket, even if he is 1 week old.

Thanks.

Tri-Cities: Helotes/Grey Forest/Leon Springs
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Truegreen
    I am bringing my 18-month old son to his first game this Saturday. Does anyone know if he needs his own ticket? Some schools require every human to have a ticket, even if he is 1 week old.

Thanks.
    Yes.

No. I asked the same question not too long ago with the Nebraska game. If your child is 2 or over, then you would. Else, you are fine. I called the baylor ticket office to get this response.

I think under 2 is free. My son went to his first game at 18 months and we did not have to buy a ticket. Double check with the ticket office. He is 3 now and this is the first year we have had to pay for his ticket.

Tri-Cities: Helotes/Grey Forest/Leon Springs
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I had to buy one for my 16 month old last year...so.....I guess be prepared for anything.

My Mood
    Amused
    Put him in one of those backpack thingamajigs, hand them your ticket, and walk in. No one is going to stop you. The kid will be sitting in your lap anyway. Sic'm Bears!!! HEX TEX!!! HEX TEX!!! HEX TEX!!!
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition: And gentlemen in England now a-bed, Shall think themselves accursed they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks, That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day!! - Henry V, Battle of Agincourt

Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    I had to buy one for my 16 month old last year...so.....I guess be prepared for anything.
    Then you're a sucker.

Unless they've changed the policy in the last two years, they don't require a ticket if the child is under 2.

You are right, A&M, for example, says that EVERYONE MUST HAVE A TICKET. That is one of the main reasons I quit going - $50-60 for a 2 year old to sit on the -10 yard line, 15th row, can't see anything, and crammed in like sardines (because some Aggy has pushed 2 of their friends into the one place that your child was supposed to have). Add to that the horrible parking situation...did I mention I hated A&M?

My Mood
    Amazed
    Will the ticket takers be able to tell if a kid is 2 or 3 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by bearoc
    Then you're a sucker.
    That's real mature. How many months until you have to start buying a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by BearAskedNekked
    That's real mature. How many months until you have to start buying a ticket?
    Unfortunately for me, it's not based on maturity; it's based on age. And based on past experience I am extremely skeptical about Malbec having to buy a ticket for his 16 month old at a BU game.

Put your kid on your shoulders and walk in like you know what you are doing. You should not have any trouble at all. In fact, I never once was questioned about the age of either of my two kids.

Question needs to be asked.

Why would anyone take a baby to a game?

The child will become quite restless and confined.
    For those around you, the child will be a disturbance.
    Football Stadiums are not "Child Friendly"
    No way the child understands what is going on.

Are you trying to "show off" your kid -or- can't afford the sitter?
    Last edited by BEAR; 11-04-05 at 08:02 AM.

I took my 22 month old son to homecoming and no one said anything.

Bear- it is called liking your family and making them a part of the things you do! I have 2 kids 14 months apart that went to homecoming and both of them watched most of the game. The only time my daughter got restless was when the mascot came around. We had three families with a total of 6 kids there. We had a great time and almost everyone around us remarked about how good our kids were.

When your decide to have a kid, you have also made the decision to either one, not go to games for 4 or 5 years (at least not with the kid) or two, annoy the hell out of everyone around you at the games for 4 or 5 years.

Dont be an a-hole, leave the twirp at home with a sitter or your spouse and enjoy the game kidless. When your child is about four, then you can start the baylor brainwashing.
    Last edited by cwwyatt; 11-04-05 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cwwyatt
    When your decide to have a kid, you have also made the decision to either one, not go to games for 4 or 5 years (at least not with the kid) or two, annoy the hell out of everyone around you at the games for 4 or 5 years.

Dont be an a-hole, leave the twirp at home with a sitter or your spouse and enjoy the game kidless. When your child is about four, then you can start the baylor brainwashing.
    I could not agree more. Everyone loves young Bears.... but a football stadium is no place for babies. Leave the babies at home where they belong. In the old days theatres had a glass cubicle for mothers, who insisted on bringing their kids, to sit in. If there are to be kids 4 and under, we need a yard-ape section where they can get bored, cry, and dirty their little pants.

I didn't get your wife pregnant... Why should I have to bear the results.
    Last edited by BEAR; 11-04-05 at 08:22 AM.

If you have fun with your kids, bring 'em, and ignore the old sourpusses.

The most annoying thing about this past weekend was all the moving into the aisle I had to do to let people out. It was constant, not just at the start of the first and third as normal. This was mostly due to parental responsibilities of all around me with kids. We also had a BU mom drape herself and breast feed right next to my girlfriend. no lie.

no one likes your kids but you, no matter what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by cwwyatt
    The most annoying thing about this past weekend was all the moving into the aisle I had to do to let people out.
    Just think; all those lovely weekends you spent at home because of helmet color relieved you from the burden of actually being around people. Surely you can think of another reason to resume the boycott.

My avatar shows that my kids brainwashing started early. Two boys; 3 and 5. The eldest will attend his first Baylor game when he can sit through the entire game and not be bored out of his skull. Not until then. Baseball stadiums have playgrounds and pools and video arcades for the young 'uns. Floyd doesn't. And I'm not gonna let my boys ruin my games. Selfish? Maybe. But this is the one thing I do for me.

If your kids are mature enough to sit through big church, they're probably capable of sitting through a quarter of football without ruining it for you and everyone else around you. Every kid is different. Parents should know when their kids are ready. Mine aren't. Maybe yours are.

FYI: If a baby is the thing that bothers you at a game where 10,000 adult non-BU fans scream with delight every time your team screws up, you are too sensitive. You'll see it when you have your own.

Thread Information