+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    Amused

Back in the day, Aggy tried to kill SMU cheerleader with a sword?!?!?!?!?!?

I didn't even know that such a thing as an Aggie existed until the fall of 1999 (I grew up out of country and later on the west coast), but I'm just learning of this story.

Some of the Aggy conversation about this is priceless.

For anybody alive back in the day, what was the non-Aggy reaction to this? What was the reaction around the state? Did this garner national attention? Were there calls to disband the pretend soldiers? Please tell me the Cadet in this incident wasn't defended by anybody at the time...

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.a...e=1&forum_id=5

From some idiot named Keegan:
    I have a concealed carry license. If a couple of people conspire to assault me and push me to the ground, I'll draw my weapon to deter them from continuing their attack. And guess what? That's not a crime.
    I was there, and remember that there were very few Ags who had a problem with how Mr. Hood acted. I seem to recall that the young man got job offers from old Ags. All this was before everyone's brains got addled by PC bullcrap
    A rational aggie (also known as a 2%er)
    i would have thought pic was really cool......
    when i was 17. now that i'm an adult, its not the pic i want shopped around to portray my school. why'd the guy pull his sword? why not just physically confront whoever pushed you to the ground if you're really that pissed about it?

the whole thing sucks. amazing grown men still take pride in the whole incident, but whatever...

You're worried about A&M's reputation? Who cares? If people don't like it they can go to another school. People that come to A&M do so because of its history and reputation as a school that stands firm with its values.

This crap is priceless!

Aggies: The gift that just keeps on giving...

I happened to be at that game. The clutsy Aggie first was yelling at the SMU cheerleaders trying to get them off the field. And an SMU cheerleader pushed the Ag. The Aggie kept stumbliing backwards in those big boots trying to keep his balance, and then just busted. The place erupted in laughter, which embarrassed the Ag bigtime. So the Ag pulled out his sword in anger and took at swipe towards the cheerleader. As I remember, the country understood it as another crazy Aggie stunt. Alot of Aggies tried to cover for the guy, which was sad.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Not true.

He was kicked out of school for one semester at least.

How about the time at Kyle Field when a BAYLOR fan attacked Grant Teaff after a game ended in a TIE. That made the papers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BackToTeaff
    I happened to be at that game. The clutsy Aggie first was yelling at the SMU cheerleaders trying to get them off the field. And an SMU cheerleader pushed the Ag. The Aggie kept stumbliing backwards in those big boots trying to keep his balance, and then just busted. The place erupted in laughter, which embarrassed the Ag bigtime. So the Ag pulled out his sword in anger and took at swipe towards the cheerleader. As I remember, the country understood it as another crazy Aggie stunt. Alot of Aggies tried to cover for the guy, which was sad.
    WOW!!! I could have sworn that the SMU cheerleaders were spelling out SMU on the field by laying in different angles to make the different letters, when the cadet waded into the middle of them and drew his sword threatening them for being on the field. A male SMU cheerleader tackled him from behind to end the threat!

Maybe he hadn't been circumcised...

Quote Originally Posted by canada78
    Not true.

How about the time at Kyle Field when a BAYLOR fan attacked Grant Teaff after a game ended in a TIE. That made the papers as well.
    I was there for that. Grant went for the tie and not the win and that pissed off a lot of people.

My Mood
    Cool
    Apples and oranges, Aggy.

There are thousands of fans at a football game, but very few that represent the school like that Aggy moron.

Don't forget when the Aggies chased and barricaded the Rice band under the stands for playing an anti-Reveille halftime show (1973).
    [IMG]http://i.*****.com/EDkQX95.gif[/IMG]

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by 91Bear
    Apples and oranges, Aggy.

There are thousands of fans at a football game, but very few that represent the school like that Aggy moron.

Don't forget when the Aggies chased and barricaded the Rice band under the stands for playing an anti-Reveille halftime show (1973).
    The moron who attacked GT was a Baylor alumni. When you attack one of your OWN; not to mention the best coach in Baylor history, over a TIE.......well clearly each school has folks capable of making very public mistakes.

As far as the Rice band deal. I thought it was very funny. The MOB dished out a little sh$t and caught the same. No harm was done by either. I miss the MOB. They were one of the best things about the old SWC.

SMU was spelling out their school letters, but at first, an SMU cheerleader just pushed the Aggie. The falling after loosing his balance is what embarrassed the Ag. Hey Canada, I remember the time a bunch of Aggie football players under the basketball goal in College Station, broke one of our Baylor basketball player's arm after he went for a layup!

My Mood
    Relaxed
    I believe you BTT but I don't remember the incident.

I'm not sure why some on this fan site keep dragging up the same few incidents that have occurred over the (very) many years. And I certainly don't believe either school currently has the moral/ethical high ground.

Actually, I think the SMU cheerleaders were on the field and the Ag tried to chase them off. When they didn't comply with his wishes, he pulled his sword. I don't belive he fell until one of the male SMU cheerleaders got on his hands and knees behind the Ag and another pushed him . . . the Ag-dork fell over the kneeling cheerleader. It was just like wataching something out of a Three Stooges film.

And the Ag did get kick out of school. Permanently, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclast1
    Actually, I think the SMU cheerleaders were on the field and the Ag tried to chase them off. When they didn't comply with his wishes, he pulled his sword. I don't belive he fell until one of the male SMU cheerleaders got on his hands and knees behind the Ag and another pushed him . . . the Ag-dork fell over the kneeling cheerleader. It was just like wataching something out of a Three Stooges film.

And the Ag did get kick out of school. Permanently, I think.
    WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS FROM!!! I was visiting my brother who lived in Houston at the time, there was a full page of pictures in the sports section showing how it happened! The ag was tackled from behind my a male SMU cheerleader, not pushed from the front!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cynical
    The layup deal was in 69 or 70, i was there. I believe the guy was Tom Friedman who had the balls to foul Randy Matson (former Olympic shot putter)from behind on a layup and had the misfrotune of falling into the stands at the end of the court. The aggie band had to play The Star Spangled Banner to get the turds to stop their attack. Friedman was bloodied but i don't remember a broken arm. They are in a world of their own.

http://lexrob.com/pics/aggyhero.gif

As the A&M corp member pulled the sword, the SMU cheerleader said..."if you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine".
    Last edited by ScottS; 02-14-06 at 06:22 AM.

they could have used this guy this season....seems to be one of the only aggies that has successfully kept someone out of the endzone

How about when an aggie hit Seth McKinney's dad in Jones?

Not true.

At least our fan wasn't armed...

I met the sword-wielder...Greg, I think his name was. Super guy who just got a LITTLE bit too wrapped up in the moment and the tradition. They did enjoy their noteriety, including the bit on the Today Show, though.

Is the MOB still banned from playing at Kyle Field?
    Last edited by ybbodeus; 02-14-06 at 09:08 AM.

Exclamation

You people have this story totally messed up. But I will forgive you since the University undertook an extensive misinformation campaign to cover up the actual events. In reality, each and every SMU fan at Kyle Field was killed that day. They were diced in sections by the Officers of the Day. It took several hours to complete the task because there were over 50 of them there. The remains were liquified and poured over the following year's bonfire to instil an eternal curse on the Ponies. It is no mere coincidence that soonafter the Ponies became the only Division 1 football team in history to receive the DEATH PENALTY!

The moral of this story is, Don't Mess With Texas A&M.
    If Texas played the U. of Osama bin Laden, I'd have a towel on my head.
    -Originally posted by Sicem75

Sounds like a Blair Witch thing, if you ask me....which you didn't.

Good god guys, some idiot years ago did something stupid. GET OVER IT! We acknowledge that mistakes were made. I have heard that the guy was kicked out of school and was suffering some mental problems. No one got hurt the incident is past.

Thread Information