+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by canada78
    We have a misunderstanding. I'm not saying that only A&M service members deserve credit for their sacrifice. Any ROTC program is as good as another . Escpecially when there members go on active duty. Iowa,A&M, Baylor , Colorado State whatever; each one of those guys putting their ass on the line are BETTER than ME. A&M just has more of them.

Some folks on this fan site, in their zeal to 'hate' a football rival, belittle or ignore the obvious (and in too many cases; ultimate) sacrifice these young folks make.
    Fair enough, we're both getting at two seperate points. Although, I would say that I don't think anybody belittles the sacrifice they are making. We are belittling some of the stupid things they do in their lives outside of that sacrifice. Like Mr. Hood deciding to pull a sword on a bunch of SMU cheerleaders after they had the audacity to have a little fun at his expense... Aside from the "pretend soldiers" comment, I don't think I've ever seen the actual sacrifice itself belittled.

Baaa means no?
    TexAgs link:

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.rep...254&forum_id=7

Hornfans link:

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwth...sb=5&o=0&fpart=

IMO some of the best "bull" I've ever seen between rivals... The good pictures are on page 2 of that thread...
    Last edited by master bray'tec; 02-15-06 at 10:29 AM.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Agreed.

I actually love aggie jokes. I tell them myself. I just hate to think of these young kids fighting overseas being posted as pretend soldiers, Nazis, sheep ****ers and worse just because their school plays in the same conference with Baylor.

Thank you for your service as a Marine.
    Canada78

Agreed.

I actually love aggie jokes. I tell them myself. I just hate to think of these young kids fighting overseas being posted as pretend soldiers, Nazis, sheep ****ers and worse just because their school plays in the same conference with Baylor.

Thank you for your service as a Marine.
    Canada78
    An Aggie Cadet is certainly not a pretend soldier once he joins the military. However, when he is just a college student in the Aggie Corps of Cadets – he is most definitely NOT a soldier.

It is the comparison of the Corps of Cadets to the Marine Corps that is insulting to the military. The Corps are no more real soldiers than any ROTC member. Trying to make the Cadets believe that they are soldiers is what the rest of us find silly. Typically, ROTC members have such respect for the military that they realize they are not yet soldiers. However, the Corps has such esteem for itself that they think they are already Marines.

That little fellow that thought he could use deadly force on a cheerleader for playing a prank was “playing soldier.” He thought he was so esteemed and powerful that he could get away with it. Anyone who pulls a weapon on an unarmed man is a coward. The military would never permit it.

Once a man actually joins the Marines, he is definitely not a pretend soldier. But until then, the Cadet should have a healthy fear of the Marines. Not arrogance that he already is one merely because he is an Aggie.

Mr. Hood should be about 50 years old right now. I believe the statute of limitations on his offense has expired. You need to find new horses to flog.
    If Texas played the U. of Osama bin Laden, I'd have a towel on my head.
    -Originally posted by Sicem75

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon
    Mr. Hood should be about 50 years old right now. I believe the statute of limitations on his offense has expired. You need to find new horses to flog.
    Indeed, it is old news. But that photograph of a college student weilding a sword against an unarmed cheerleader on a football field with a stadium full of people is so surreal that the photo will be passed around long after Mr. Hood is dead.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    The kid who pulled up his sword on the SMU cheerleader many years ago and got suspended has received 1000X the interest on this fan site than the hundreds of other corp members who join the military every year knowing full well there is a ****ing WAR going on and there is a reasonable chance they could get their asses blown off. That is as REAL as it gets.

The kid who pulled up his sword on the SMU cheerleader many years ago and got suspended has received 1000X the interest on this fan site than the hundreds of other corp members who join the military every year knowing full well there is a ****ing WAR going on and there is a reasonable chance they could get their asses blown off. That is as REAL as it gets.
    Sore subject Mr. Hood?

My Mood
    Relaxed
    No the deaths of young men such as the one WarriorBear mentioned is the sore subject.

I don't see anyone degrading any veterans here. Only a silly Aggie who over acted. Let's lighten up canada, tell us an aggie joke.

45, maybe 46. Good guy; just totally messed up that day. I don't know that he WAS messed up. Those peruna people just got under his skin. That annoying little bad-dressed band of theirs could DO that to people.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    OK

2 aggies are walking down the street and they see an old filthy dog licking itself on the balls.

1st aggie-Don't you wish society was such that you could do that?
    2nd aggie-I sure do. But even then.......I'd be scared the dog would bite me.

OK

2 aggies are walking down the street and they see an old filthy dog licking itself on the balls.

1st aggie-Don't you wish society was such that you could do that?
    2nd aggie-I sure do. But even then.......I'd be scared the dog would bite me.
    I heard that as a Georgia Tech joke about two Georgia fans watching uga bathe himself at midfield...about 35 years ago, which, I gather, is your underlying point here...old jokes.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ybbodeus
    I don't know that he WAS messed up. Those peruna people just got under his skin. That annoying little bad-dressed band of theirs could DO that to people.
    You might be on to something here. The SMU band seems to know only one song. And they play it 4,879,511 times at each game. There have been times when I would have pulled a weapon on them if I had one at my disposal.
    If Texas played the U. of Osama bin Laden, I'd have a towel on my head.
    -Originally posted by Sicem75

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by ybbodeus
    I heard that as a Georgia Tech joke about two Georgia fans watching uga bathe himself at midfield...about 35 years ago, which, I gather, is your underlying point here...old jokes.

Naw just feeling old. Going skiing later today. Storm just laid 18+inches of powder up on the slopes. I'll REALLY feel old by Saturday.

Guess ChipOc didn't like my aggie joke.

You might be on to something here. The SMU band seems to know only one song. And they play it 4,879,511 times at each game. There have been times when I would have pulled a weapon on them if I had one at my disposal.
    With ya'. I used to sit across the field from them with a buddy of mine and usually say with remorse by the third quarter or so:

Ybb: "You know, Fletch? We could have taken out the whole horn section at halftime, if we'd thought to bring our semi's."

Fletch: "We don't HAVE semi's, dumba$$."

Ybb: "Fella can DREAM, can't he?"

So it goes.

Naw just feeling old. Going skiing later today. Storm just laid 18+inches of powder up on the slopes. I'll REALLY feel old by Saturday.

Guess ChipOc didn't like my aggie joke.
    Which state? I'm partial to New Mexico...Taos, mainly, since it's usually abandoned during the week and the skiing is great there.

Gue
    ss ChipOc didn't like my aggie joke.
    I'd heard it before, but still a funny one.

I like this one better:
    Did you hear about the Cessna airplane that crashed in a cemetery in College Station recently?Aggie search and rescue workers have recovered 300 bodies so far and are still digging.

So bears is it best to kill your own or the opposing team?? I thought yall would know

My Mood
    Amused
    Re: Killing our own:

Really depends.

Are we talking about death by gunfire or death by bonfire collapse?

Quote Originally Posted by master bray'tec
    Re: Killing our own:

Really depends.

Are we talking about death by gunfire or death by bonfire collapse?
    Just so you know no one on here really thinks that aggie11 is truly an aggie.

Thread Information