Ndjonga and Adegbola

1,323 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Crawfoso1973
BUGrad2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We currently only have 9 players for next year, including Yanis and Omar. Does anybody have more insight if either of them are expected to contribute next year?

Ndjonga had ACL surgery roughly a year ago and Omar I believe was just a preferred walk on. I think everybody is still hopeful we get another transfer or two in the front court, which I too expect.

Also, Bridges still technically maintains eligibility. I wonder if there is any chance he returns. I would certainly lean no based on his IG post and other factors. Ultimately, we need more depth.
IvanBear
Too early to worry about this yet, too many blue chip prospects still out there as far as the portal goes. Once we' get the 8 man rotation set we'll likely fill out the rest of the roster with low level transfers or semi random high school recruits.

It's fair anymore to ask if much of the roster matters beyond the starting rotation, the current strategy looks to be a lot of go to the portal for the starting lineup in the future.
BUGrad2012
I highly doubt we get any more HS players. 95% of the top 150 are already committed, and we aren't linked to any of the others.

I think Ndjonga has an opportunity to play, and he will certainly need to unless we get 2 more front court transfers. Josh, Asemota and Yanis are only front court players as of now, and Asemota is more of a 3.

Yes, though. We do still have plenty of time to attract more Front Court help. Was more so trying to gauge if others think Ndjonga will get PT.
BUCANDOIT82
He should be ready to start the season with full workouts. How good he is who knows.
EvilTroyAndAbed
BUGrad2012 said:

We currently only have 9 players for next year, including Yanis and Omar. Does anybody have more insight if either of them are expected to contribute next year?

Ndjonga had ACL surgery roughly a year ago and Omar I believe was just a preferred walk on. I think everybody is still hopeful we get another transfer or two in the front court, which I too expect.

Also, Bridges still technically maintains eligibility. I wonder if there is any chance he returns. I would certainly lean no based on his IG post and other factors. Ultimately, we need more depth.

Bridges is either getting drafted or signing a FA deal. He's gone.
Crawfoso1973
IvanBear said:

Too early to worry about this yet, too many blue chip prospects still out there as far as the portal goes. Once we' get the 8 man rotation set we'll likely fill out the rest of the roster with low level transfers or semi random high school recruits.

It's fair anymore to ask if much of the roster matters beyond the starting rotation, the current strategy looks to be a lot of go to the portal for the starting lineup in the future.
I agree. Fill out the bottom of the roster with practice players who bring positive energy to the program. No expectation for them to stick around beyond the current season. If they improve expect them to transfer to a program where they can get playing time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.