Republicans Must Soften Their Position On Abortion.........

8,610 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 27 min ago by historian
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
if they expect to win in 2024. I abhor abortion. But I still think a woman should be allowed to have one before 15 weeks. And later if rape, incest, or danger to the mother is a factor.

My stance has changed on abortion. Based on what I have seen these last 2 1/2 years, any registered Democrat voter or anyone that claims they voted for Joe Biden should be given an exemption, regardless of their state law. They should be granted an abortion, no questions asked up to full gestation. It is in the best interest of our country to limit the number of Liberal Democrats in the future. We are talking about the long-term survival of our country. This is a win/ win except for the unborn that will give their lives for a better future for all of us.

What say you Liberal Democrats? Isn't this what you want? Let's light this candle. Common ground.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Rarely if ever have I said we should give Democrats what they want. In this case, it makes perfect sense. For all of us. We should throw in a free $100 Visa gift card for Progressive Liberal "women" to abort their unborn children.

I post this with the joy of a new grandson that is two months old. He is truly a gift from God.I can promise he will always be my grandson and not suddenly convert to being my granddaughter.

-- Barack Obama
LIB,MR BEARS
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Rarely if ever have I said we should give Democrats what they want. In this case, it makes perfect sense. For all of us. We should throw in a free $100 Visa gift card for Progressive Liberal "women" to abort their unborn children.

I post this with the joy of a new grandson that is two months old. He is truly a gift from God.I can promise he will always be my grandson and not suddenly convert to being my granddaughter.
Does 47 know you got into his wine?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
LIB,MR BEARS said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Please don't tell him! He was busy cooking weenies for migrants.

-- Barack Obama
Wangchung
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Please don't tell him! He was busy cooking weenies for migrants.
Found footage of that.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
william
LIB,MR BEARS said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

POE.
cowboycwr
Agreed. Republicans need to stop with total bans and need to just put a narrow window on it. With the rape, incest, mother's life in danger, child not being viable, and other medical issues exceptions in there. Or basically a return to Roe just trimmed down.....
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
If you believe an acorn is a tree then you cant justify killing the product of a rape or incest etc. Its not the acorns fault.
LIB,MR BEARS
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

If you believe an acorn is a tree then you cant justify killing the product of a rape or incest etc. Its not the acorns fault.

If you believe an unborn baby is a baby, you can't justify an abortion.
KaiBear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Disagree

There are situations were the mothers life is at risk .

Have known 2 women who were told they would die giving birth .

They both chose to give birth anyway and survived . But it was their option .

Rape …..the mother should have the option as well .
LIB,MR BEARS
KaiBear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Disagree

That's not an abortion but a rescue mission; rescuing the life of the mom.
ron.reagan
LIB,MR BEARS said:

KaiBear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Disagree

That's not an abortion but a rescue mission; rescuing the life of the mom.
It is literally an abortion.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
KaiBear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Disagree

My wife's doctor told her a third child would kill her. She went ahead and had her tubes tied.

-- Barack Obama
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Smart wife.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
If you think of the embryo as a baby, why is the mothers life more important? Why not just let God decide? Kai knows women that survived that type of situation.

I think you have to go all in with the idea of an acorn is a tree or just leave it up to women to control their own bodies.
KaiBear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

KaiBear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Disagree

My wife's doctor told her a third child would kill her. She went ahead and had her tubes tied.

My late mother in law said no to an abortion, put everything in God's hands and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl .

I married that beauty baby girl 25 years later .
Wangchung
A human fetus is a human in that stage of the human life. Same with a fertilized human egg. IVF is where things get complicated.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Coke Bear
KaiBear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Disagree

Please explain or provide specific examples situations where the mother's life is at risk.
Porteroso
Coke Bear said:

KaiBear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Disagree

Please explain or provide specific examples situations where the mother's life is at risk.

Are you not aware of common pregnancy complications?

For the victim of a rape to be forced to carry a fetus to term is just evil. Women should be able to avoid pregnancy by choosing who to have sex with and when. If I thought the survival of humanity could he dependent upon these rape babies that might change my mind, but while the fetus is certainly innocent in the case of rape, so is the mother. Being forced to live with a constant reminder of that trauma is just horrible.
Coke Bear
Porteroso said:

What specific complications?

Porteroso said:

For the victim of a rape to be forced to carry a fetus to term is just evil. Women should be able to avoid pregnancy by choosing who to have sex with and when. If I thought the survival of humanity could he dependent upon these rape babies that might change my mind, but while the fetus is certainly innocent in the case of rape, so is the mother. Being forced to live with a constant reminder of that trauma is just horrible.
If our country does does execute the rape victim and we don't execute the rapist, why should we execute the innocent baby?

Aborting the baby does not get rid of the pain of rape. It only adds to it. Many women feel the shame of the rape and now have to live with the regret of an abortion. It compounds that wound.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86

If you think of the embryo as a baby, why is the mothers life more important? Why not just let God decide? Kai knows women that survived that type of situation.

I think you have to go all in with the idea of an acorn is a tree or just leave it up to women to control their own bodies.
God doesn't even need to be involved. If an Ultra Liberal Progressive woman wants to terminate her pregnancy, we should not only applaud and encourage it but make sure she has all the available resources to make it happen. We must think about the future. What is best in the long-term.

-- Barack Obama
Fre3dombear
Porteroso said:

Coke Bear said:

KaiBear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Disagree

How many "rape babies" happen per year?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86

-- Barack Obama
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Coke Bear said:

Porteroso said:

What specific complications?

Porteroso said:

If our country does does execute the rape victim and we don't execute the rapist, why should we execute the innocent baby?

Aborting the baby does not get rid of the pain of rape. It only adds to it. Many women feel the shame of the rape and now have to live with the regret of an abortion. It compounds that wound.
Do you feel comfortable making that decision for strangrs or do you think the woman;s (victim) might have an aopinion that matters?
Coke Bear

Do you feel comfortable making that decision for strangrs or do you think the woman;s (victim) might have an aopinion that matters?
Does the unborn get an opinion on the matter?
Mothra
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

if they expect to win in 2024. I abhor abortion. But I still think a woman should be allowed to have one before 15 weeks. And later if rape, incest, or danger to the mother is a factor.

My stance has changed on abortion. Based on what I have seen these last 2 1/2 years, any registered Democrat voter or anyone that claims they voted for Joe Biden should be given an exemption, regardless of their state law. They should be granted an abortion, no questions asked up to full gestation. It is in the best interest of our country to limit the number of Liberal Democrats in the future. We are talking about the long-term survival of our country. This is a win/ win except for the unborn that will give their lives for a better future for all of us.

What say you Liberal Democrats? Isn't this what you want? Let's light this candle. Common ground.

Nope. Never compromise what is right for what is popular.
Mothra

Which do you prefer? Never mind. Your last sentence gave it away.

"Control their OWN bodies." Lol.

I know you think you're being smart by offering a binary conundrum for pro lifers. But your reasoning is shoddy as usual.

We don't live in a binary world.
ron.reagan
KaiBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

KaiBear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Disagree

My late mother in law said no to an abortion, put everything in God's hands and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl .

What a unique story. I wonder how many of us had parents that didn't abort us?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

To reduce the population of the crazy Progressive Left is the right thing to do for our country. If they want to kill their babies and that makes them happy, we need to let them do so.

-- Barack Obama
ron.reagan
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

To reduce the population of the crazy Progressive Left is the right thing to do for our country. If they want to kill their babies and that makes them happy, we need to let them do so.
Another characteristic of an edgy teenager.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ron.reagan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Another characteristic of an edgy teenager.
We should give them a punch card like you get at the Chinese food buffet. After your fifth abortion, the sixth one is free. You just need to show a valid voter registration card proving you are a registered Democrat.

-- Barack Obama
J.R.
KaiBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

KaiBear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Disagree

Similar, my daughter's birth mother (college) said no to abortion and we are blessed to receive our daughter on day 2. She's 24, out of college and about to get married.
TWD 1974
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

In an issue where Americans are split almost down the middle, we should think of compromise, if we can remember what that word means. A lot of progressives would object, and I would argue for 18 weeks to your 15, but we could find a solution if we wanted it. I agree that abortion is a human tragedy that we should try to rid the world of. I don't believe it is sound or just to make that judgement solely on the eradication of a woman's rights to her own body. The Roe V Wade compromise decision (maybe too far to the left for many) recognized the historic viewpoints, the scientific and medical limitations of the time, and the viability window of the unborn. As viability has moved ever slightly in the past few decades, although it still remains just above 22 weeks.
The number of abortions annually has decreased dramatically from 40-50 years ago, due in part to demographic changes in the population, better women's healthcare, better contraception, perhaps somewhat better economic/social and legal options for women. I believe we can further reduce abortion by working with the science instead of denying it, giving women better choices rather than taking choice away, and improving women's healthcare rather than shutting down health centers by legal decree.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
At 14 and 15 B and I found out she was pregnant. We looked at options, I told her I would work my ass off and take care of her and our baby. She considered abortion but we got married, Daughter is now 47. Abortion was legal in 1976 so she had options. We made the right decision for us. It was her (and to a certain extent my) decision. There was no need to the state of Texas or the governor or the feds to get involved. Isnt that the way its supposed to be?

Robert Wilson
Most of Europe reached a reasonable political compromise on this a long time ago - making abortion illegal after around the end of the first trimester or mid second trimester. If the Supreme Court hadn't wrongly taken this issue out of the hands of the people, most states probably would've done similar things a long time ago. Might still have had an outlier or two one way or the other, but less s than we have now. Hopefully, with the issue being back at state legislators, it will settle out over some period of time (though we all seem to be less reasonable than we were back in the 80s when this otherwise could've gotten done).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.