Republicans Must Soften Their Position On Abortion.........

8,873 Views | 176 Replies | Last: 46 min ago by ShooterTX
ron.reagan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

Another bogus argument. Clever but still fallacious. Preventing someone from murdering an innocent human is not the same as forcing them to do something. The fundamental purpose of the government is to protect our rights, all of us and all our rights, life being the most basic. Allowing nature to run its course, even if that means carrying a pregnancy to term, is not forcing anything upon someone.

In the final analysis it's about taking responsibility for one's actions and accepting the consequences of poor choices.

Again, let me be very clear:

THERE IS NO LEGITIMATE JUSTIFICATION FOR KILLING THE INNOCENT.

There is no argument anyone could make to change that. Abortion is barbaric & evil. Period.
What if say in a hypothetical God tells you to kill your innocent child? Legit?
ShooterTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

historian said:

Another bogus argument. Clever but still fallacious. Preventing someone from murdering an innocent human is not the same as forcing them to do something. The fundamental purpose of the government is to protect our rights, all of us and all our rights, life being the most basic. Allowing nature to run its course, even if that means carrying a pregnancy to term, is not forcing anything upon someone.

In the final analysis it's about taking responsibility for one's actions and accepting the consequences of poor choices.

Again, let me be very clear:

THERE IS NO LEGITIMATE JUSTIFICATION FOR KILLING THE INNOCENT.

There is no argument anyone could make to change that. Abortion is barbaric & evil. Period.
Abortion has existed as long as mankind. You writing your opinion in capital letters, while impressive and dramatic, dioesnt change the fact that you cant make decisions for others. You can take away a safe way and condemn them to knitting needles , wire hangers, caustic drinks or excessive exercise. I made my choice and I am happy with it. I chose life.

It is a personal decision and no matter how intensely you want to force others to believe as you believe, you cant. We cant make a woman continue through a pregnancy she doesnt want. Only a woman can do that. We can condemn them, torture them, make them look at gross pics, march in parades shouting personal beliefs, fine drs that help them, pass laws till we run out of paper. Abortion will happen. It happened in 1550 BC and it will happen somewhere today.

We can pray. We can help the women that feel they dont have a choice. We can shame women that get pregnant without the means to care for it. We can ridicule women that hook up with sorry ass men that wont take responsibility for their part .in creating an embryo. But in the end we cant force a woman to have a baby.
murder, theft, rape,... all have existed as long as mankind too... does that make them OK as well? Should we try to insure safe & effective rape too?

Just because something horrible has existed for forever... that doesn't make it good or something that should continue.
ShooterTX

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.