Football
Sponsored by

Proposal for new "Super League" of 70 college football schools

4,427 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by bossbowman
OsoCoreyell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

OsoCoreyell said:

It IS all about the money, but not in the way you're thinking about it. The reason the BIG and the SEC are going to be all in on this is that there are several lawsuits that are going to bankrupt the existing conferences and potentially the NCAA. Read what Kent Syverud (chancellor of Syracuse, my old law prof and a VERY smart guy) is saying. The current model isn't sustainable because of the tidal wave of liability headed their way. The networks will do an "Ole!" and pretend their contracts aren't there when they get accused of conspiracy to commit violations of the Clayton and Sherman Acts. A very big change is coming. These guys are trying to get ahead of it instead of just watching it burn.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangesports/2024/04/syracuse-chancellor-kent-syverud-other-top-officials-pitch-70-school-super-league-that-would-pay-athletes-report.html
That's one of the smartest cats I've ever known, maybe the smartest. 10 steps ahead of everyone all the time.
montypython
OsoCoreyell said:

historian said:

OsoCoreyell said:

It IS all about the money, but not in the way you're thinking about it. The reason the BIG and the SEC are going to be all in on this is that there are several lawsuits that are going to bankrupt the existing conferences and potentially the NCAA. Read what Kent Syverud (chancellor of Syracuse, my old law prof and a VERY smart guy) is saying. The current model isn't sustainable because of the tidal wave of liability headed their way. The networks will do an "Ole!" and pretend their contracts aren't there when they get accused of conspiracy to commit violations of the Clayton and Sherman Acts. A very big change is coming. These guys are trying to get ahead of it instead of just watching it burn.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangesports/2024/04/syracuse-chancellor-kent-syverud-other-top-officials-pitch-70-school-super-league-that-would-pay-athletes-report.html
That's one of the smartest cats I've ever known, maybe the smartest. 10 steps ahead of everyone all the time.
How do you know him?
bossbowman
Wow this makes too much sense but I'm sure it will be held up and delayed just like the playoff was for years. Eventually this is what it will morph into but again its going to take years.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.