Historic School Tax Relief - I hardly knew 'ya

903 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Yogi
Eleven-League Grant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It seems like the highly-touted historic school tax relief of last year will be short lived, at least for some.

Let's see:

-- Personal residence appraisal - up another 10% in 2024

-- Commercial property - La Vega ISD to hold $92MM bond election on May 4 that will increase I&S rate $.245 per $100, pretty much completely wiping out the 'historic' relief of just last year.

About the major commercial property owners in La Vega (and most other districts as well)-- most don't live in the district and so will have no vote.

Such a deal ... (and probably coming soon to other districts in Texas)
sipembeers
Eleven-League Grant said:

It seems like the highly-touted historic school tax relief of last year will be short lived, at least for some.

Let's see:

-- Personal residence appraisal - up another 10% in 2024

-- Commercial property - La Vega ISD to hold $92MM bond election on May 4 that will increase I&S rate $.245 per $100, pretty much completely wiping out the 'historic' relief of just last year.

About the major commercial property owners in La Vega (and most other districts as well)-- most don't live in the district and so will have no vote.

Such a deal ... (and probably coming soon to other districts in Texas)

When districts grow and the state doesn't want to help. The only way is to increase local property tax rate.

Get upset with the appraisal districts and the state. They are the big dogs making the decisions that are affecting the local districts who have no say in property valuations or what the state pays per student.
SteamedHams
This was the first year in the last 13 where my appraised value did not increase from the prior year. I was already prepping to fight, but somehow…nada
hodedofome
Mine went up at least 10% as well. Guess I'll have to fight.
BaylorGuy314
SteamedHams said:

This was the first year in the last 13 where my appraised value did not increase from the prior year. I was already prepping to fight, but somehow…nada

Same. It almost feels dirty to be like "nah, that's fair" with the appraisal district.
Yogi
Schools require top notch athletic facilities and inclusive restrooms.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.