Arizona v Clemson 3-28-24

3,737 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TWD 1974
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Clemson off to a great start but I want the Cats to win: future Big 12 team & a chance to see Clemson go down after what happened Sunday.

Clemson 27
Arizona 14
7:26 in first half
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
jsstewar
Beginning to think Clemson is like Baylor - a basketball school.
historian
Arizona doing better now. 6-0 run helped. Caleb Love finally scoring.

Clemson 35
Arizona 24
3:24
Big12Fan2024
Apparently NCAA tournament coaches think much more highly of Jeb Hartness than we Baylor fans do. The only way a referee advances in the tournament is through the highest ratings in prior games by coaches and he is doing this Sweet 16 game tonight.
historian
Another Arizona run!
"The Cats are rolling now!"

Clemson 37
Arizona 29
1:21
historian
Beautiful lob & dunk!

37-31
historian
Clemson 39
Arizona 31
Halftime
historian
Cash off to a great start in the second half:

Clemson 43
Arizona 42
16:35

Sic 'em Wildcats!!
historian
Tied at 43 after free throw
Jorkel
jsstewar said:

Oh? How so
historian
Clemson 45
Arizona 46
14:15

Clemson answers with a 3
Big12Fan2024
It's a shame we laid an egg against Clemson and couldn't hit free throws or 3 pointers. Neither of these teams is unstoppable. We couldn't have asked for a much easier path to at least the Elite 8 and a reasonable possibility for the Final 4. This is definitely the weakest of the four regions.
historian
Tied again:
Clemson 56
Arizona 56
9:55

What teams are coming in quite a few fouls especially Clemson.
historian
Clemson 61
Arizona 58

I just like those numbers for some reason!
historian
UConn is mopping the floor with San Diego State: 55-39
historian
Clemson 72
Arizona 70
49.6 seconds
historian
Clemson scores again + the foul

Looks like the orange team is going to win again

75-70
historian
77-72 with the and one
historian
77-72
Final
Big12Fan2024
Arizona must have gamed the system as badly as the Big 12. There is no way that is a Top 10 defense. They are as bad at transition D as we were.
ALLBEAR
Drew had such an easy path to the Elite 8. We blew this season by a mile.
BearFan33
We had a great bracket. Just didn't capitalize
jsstewar
Jorkel said:

jsstewar said:

Oh? How so
Sarcasm
Quinton
We thought it was a good draw and it was kind of. But Clemson is severely underrated as is the ACC. Drew a good team that is playing well. We've played teams that play extremely well in the tournament. (Yes, we still need a defensive overhaul)

ACC is the best conference in the country this year. Big east is best up top. Big 12 is deepest with only one complete scrub but a whole lot of mediocrity
IvanBear
Nothing about Clemson winning this game changes my mind that our team massively underachieved with the talent level on the squad (even without Langston). This should have been our Elite 8 appearance
boognish_bear
Was Clemson underseeded?

UNM was the sexy pick to beat them in their first game and Clem smoked them....now they've bested #2 and #3
boognish_bear
IvanBear
boognish_bear said:

Was Clemson underseeded?

UNM was the sexy pick to beat them in their first game and Clem smoked them....now they've bested #2 and #3
I don't think so for their record and what not they felt about right. Frankly we were over seeded and maybe so was Arizona.
Quinton
boognish_bear said:

Was Clemson underseeded?

ACC was underrated
BUCANDOIT82
Quinton said:

We thought it was a good draw and it was kind of. But Clemson is severely underrated as is the ACC. Drew a good team that is playing well. We've played teams that play extremely well in the tournament. (Yes, we still need a defensive overhaul)

ACC is the best conference in the country this year. Big east is best up top. Big 12 is deepest with only one complete scrub but a whole lot of mediocrity

We were free throws away from beating Clemson in a game we played poorly in. True we played poorly and missed the free throws, but let's not overrate Clemson. I complained Arizona received too high a seed in another thread.
Big12Fan2024
Both Arizona and Baylor were proclaimed as good shooting 3 point teams all year long by people like Fran and other announcers. The problem is you have to look deeper than a static statistic. When you do you see that both Arizona's and Baylor's 3 point percentages were built on 1 game where they couldn't miss and would shoot 50% or higher followed by 3 games where they shot 15%, 20% and 28%. Neither was ever a consistently good 3 point shooting team.

Both entered and exited the tournament the same way. Baylor hits 53% against Colgate, then follows with a 6-24 against Clemson and exits the tournament. Arizona hits 44% against Dayton, then follows with a 5-28 game against Clemson. And a large portion of those misses for both Baylor and Arizona was not because of Clemson's defense. Both missed wide open after wide open look from 3.
boognish_bear
SDSU and Arizona are gone....last hope to end this curse is Gonzaga

Quinton
IvanBear said:

Nothing about Clemson winning this game changes my mind that our team massively underachieved with the talent level on the squad (even without Langston). This should have been our Elite 8 appearance

They did 100%. They lacked consistency and had no sustained intensity for a full 40. The defensive fundamentals were really bad all year. It's a trend over multiple years now.
Quinton
BUCANDOIT82 said:

Quinton said:

We were free throws away from beating Clemson in a game we played poorly in. True we played poorly and missed the free throws, but let's not overrate Clemson. I complained Arizona received too high a seed in another thread.

They aren't some phenomenal team. They are just really sound and tough. We just weren't all that good. I agree Az is like a slightly different version of us. Waning focus, intensity, and streaky offense.

We had potential but never met it. Our one half upside is great but there is no consistency with this group. I'm hopeful Drew will get this corrected.

But the conference talk was just too much. The coaches and players kept spouting it at every loss when most of those teams just didn't pass the eye test. ACC was just better than the 12
IvanBear
Big12Fan2024 said:

Both Arizona and Baylor were proclaimed as good shooting 3 point teams all year long by people like Fran and other announcers. The problem is you have to look deeper than a static statistic. When you do you see that both Arizona's and Baylor's 3 point percentages were built on 1 game where they couldn't miss and would shoot 50% or higher followed by 3 games where they shot 15%, 20% and 28%. Neither was ever a consistently good 3 point shooting team.

Both entered and exited the tournament the same way. Baylor hits 53% against Colgate, then follows with a 6-24 against Clemson and exits the tournament. Arizona hits 44% against Dayton, then follows with a 5-28 game against Clemson. And a large portion of those misses for both Baylor and Arizona was not because of Clemson's defense. Both missed wide open after wide open look from 3.
This is such a great point and a wonderful reason to remember Fran Fraschilla used to be one of the best in the business and now he feels more like Tony Romo, he clearly doesn't watch tape.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.