Class of 2025 recruits

13,986 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Dcheetah
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Bella Hines is a 5 ft 9 inch guard by the way.

this is just one highlight.
Dcheetah
Really like her game. She is an outside shooter we could use but can drive well and finish. She will also play this summer on a select team with many of the regional 25-26 recruits we are interested in. Lets go Bella!! Besides, can't have enough Bellas on the team!
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Dcheetah said:

Really like her game. She is an outside shooter we could use but can drive well and finish. She will also play this summer on a select team with many of the regional 25-26 recruits we are interested in. Lets go Bella!! Besides, can't have enough Bellas on the team!

So true. Any players like her would help.
Dcheetah
Marcayla and lots of potential 25-26 recruits involved

https://www.usab.com/news/2024/03/thirty-eight-athletes-to-participate-in-usa-basketball-womens-junior-national-team-minicamp
Dcheetah

Brusinbear2001
Bella Hiñes is committing today and was just at LSU I'm sure that is where she is headed
BUatbirth
Wish we had a WBB RECRUITING section like the men do. I can't keep track of who's been offered. Who has us in their top whatever list, and who is off the board.
baylorbear33
Bella Hines to LSU

https://www.si.com/college/lsu/basketball/lsu-commitment-bella-hines-kim-mulkey
Brusinbear2001
it was obvious i don't think she took an official anywhere else. But we have a great guard in the 25 class in Johnson already.
12au
I think the two other '25s we're trying to land are Logyn Greer and Keeley Parks. I think we made the long list for both of them
Dcheetah
We did.
Both would fit the bill of upsizing. Keeley 5'11 guard and Logyn a fluid 6'4 forward.
Dcheetah
She is very good. Really like her game.
Scottdye
Does anyone know why Sarah Strong has not committed to anyone?
Brusinbear2001
not sure but just saw something that she is announcing next week. Maybe she wanted to see who was staying and leaving programs. I think that's a real thing when you can come in immediately and impact a roster. But that leads me to guess she is going to Uconn and will be a shoe in for Edwards.
blackie
Brusinbear2001 said:

not sure but just saw something that she is announcing next week. Maybe she wanted to see who was staying and leaving programs. I think that's a real thing when you can come in immediately and impact a roster. But that leads me to guess she is going to Uconn and will be a shoe in for Edwards.
Got to wonder how much longer Geno is going to continue to coach. He's had health issues already. That has got to come into the minds of HS seniors coming in. I don't see any reason why when he retires that UConn is going to be able to sustain the level at which they have been accustomed. No other program has been able to do that when the legend left. Same goes for Stanford. Stanford at least has an academic pull for the athlete. UConn, not so much. At some point these HS recruits are going to have to consider where the program will sit by their senior year, if not sooner.
Brusinbear2001
but there is always the portal and Sarah Strong would once again have her choice to go where ever she would like if that were to happen.
blackie
Brusinbear2001 said:

but there is always the portal and Sarah Strong would once again have her choice to go where ever she would like if that were to happen.
Certainly true. I don't see how these coaches can work in an environment where there is absolutely no assurance that what they have today will not be gone tomorrow through no fault of their own. No salary caps, no binding contracts, nothing. It probably makes the pro athlete envious.
Brusinbear2001
I think you really just have to win, end of the day that is what these kids want to do is have a chance to win in April. Somethings you cannot help. But just like the portal can take it can also give. So I think you just try your best and fill the holes if necessary.
ScottS
blackie said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

Got to wonder how much longer Geno is going to continue to coach. He's had health issues already. That has got to come into the minds of HS seniors coming in. I don't see any reason why when he retires that UConn is going to be able to sustain the level at which they have been accustomed. No other program has been able to do that when the legend left. Same goes for Stanford. Stanford at least has an academic pull for the athlete. UConn, not so much. At some point these HS recruits are going to have to consider where the program will sit by their senior year, if not sooner.

He is 70. You'd think retirement is close.
Scottdye
Do we any idea what transfers we are recruiting? Also do we have anyone that will possibly transfer?
Bear3
I would guess there is a good chance Geno will leave after next season when Paige Bueckers leaves.

I have heard rumors that this season was Tara's last one. Apparently she does not like fact that Stanford is moving to Big 10 and doesn't like NIL. Also her best player Brink is leaving. I think she is also 70.

Guess we will see what happens but can't imagine either will coach much longer. The age has to be have some effect on recruiting.
Chibears2
Stanford to ACC. Even longer away trips and some pretty tough competition!
blackie
Bear3 said:

I would guess there is a good chance Geno will leave after next season when Paige Bueckers leaves.

I have heard rumors that this season was Tara's last one. Apparently she does not like fact that Stanford is moving to Big 10 and doesn't like NIL. Also her best player Brink is leaving. I think she is also 70.

Guess we will see what happens but can't imagine either will coach much longer. The age has to be have some effect on recruiting.

I know you just made a "brain" error, but it is even worse.....Stanford isn't going to the Big 10 they are going to the ACC which is even further away and will only be playing Cal from what they used to have.

Sorry, Chibears2....I didn't see your post before responding.
blackie
Scottdye said:

Do we any idea what transfers we are recruiting? Also do we have anyone that will possibly transfer?
I wouldn't expect any of "us" to know. And it has got to be a timing issue for the coaches. There are still a few weeks for the portal to be open. You don't know who else is going to enter, but if there is someone you like and don't go after them assuming there might be better options later, you risk losing them. But I'm sure they know how to work that as best as could be done.
BearTiger
And TX and OK to SEC Conference, much tougher competition for them. Less competition for Baylor with those 2 prograns gone so we should have little easier route to Big 12 Championships. All sports including FB, MBB, WBB, baseball, softball, gymnastics, etc, it's going to be totally different this fall/winter.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Sorry wrong thread.
blackie
BearTiger said:

And TX and OK to SEC Conference, much tougher competition for them. Less competition for Baylor with those 2 prograns gone so we should have little easier route to Big 12 Championships. All sports including FB, MBB, WBB, baseball, softball, gymnastics, etc, it's going to be totally different this fall/winter.
Don't know about lesser competition for us. Utah and AZ and CO (if they can reload) are not patsies. And ISU has pretty much their whole team coming back. What does come into play is that we will play fewer teams twice and where you play them makes a difference and that makes for an imbalance between our schedule and someone else's.
Dcheetah

Like that she finishes with both hands
Dcheetah
2024 but still nice

Dcheetah
Top 2025s listing Baylor:

Aaliyah Crump - also Tx and Ohio State
Divine Bourrhage offered- don't know interest
Logyn Greer
Holland Harris
Keeley Parks
Sanai Richardson
Camille Williams - good start to her spring season

Some top 26s - there are many - listing top players who have shown some interest in us

Jacy Abii
Bella Fleming
Brihanna Crittenden
Addison Bjorn
Amari Byles
Kamora Pruitt
Sanai Green
Maddyn Greenway
Jenica Raine Lewis ( friends with Maddyn and may trip with her)
Bella Ragone
Amayah Garcia
Rieyan DeSouze
BU71
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

Bella Hines is a 5 ft 9 inch guard by the way.

this is just one highlight.
BU71
Dcheetah said:

Lots of competition but she would do well here, She has a little swagger in her game!
Dcheetah
Agree but sadly she just committed to LSU.
BearTiger
Yeah, it would have been great if Bella could play at Baylor. She is impressive on film, she looks like top 15 ranking. She is quick, aggressive, and can score all 3 levels. And has a winning attitude. Oh well, maybe she will be in the transfer portal in 2 years and we can snatch her then, you never know any more.
Dcheetah

#25 on ESPN
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.