Kellie Harper Fired by Tennessee

1,865 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BUVA
bawitdaball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kellie Harper, a former Vols player, was fired today by Tennessee. Could create a bit of a carousel in the coaching world. Really liked the woman, thought she brought a lot of excitement and energy to her team. But I don't think she ever made it to the second weekend of the tournament.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Actually she went to sweet 16 twice.
baylorbear33
.675 win percentage - seems like there is more to the story on this one.
bawitdaball
baylorbear33 said:

I assume lack of a conference championship. Tennessee has expectations.
baylorbear33
bawitdaball said:

baylorbear33 said:

With South Carolina and LSU in the conference, with a likely up and coming Kentucky, and the addition of Texas, seems like a tall order for any coach.
bawitdaball
baylorbear33 said:

bawitdaball said:

baylorbear33 said:

With South Carolina and LSU in the conference, with a likely up and coming Kentucky, and the addition of Texas, seems like a tall order for any coach.

You are correct. And in her defense, she finished 5th this year. In her first three years she finished third.
BUVA
If they want to continue with the Summitt tree, might look to Kara Lawson at Duke, except she hasn't done much better than Harper.
Brusinbear2001
and she has some great recruits coming to Duke, I have no idea who they are looking to get.
bawitdaball
Could they already have someone? I know that is how Texas operates now. Fire someone one day and name their replacement the following day.
fredbear
Go get Oregan st coach and he will bring whole team tomorrow.
blackie
bawitdaball said:

baylorbear33 said:

bawitdaball said:

baylorbear33 said:

You are correct. And in her defense, she finished 5th this year. In her first three years she finished third.
Every conference is getting tougher because of parity and also because every P-whatever conference has more teams in them than they did before. Even losing UT and OU, our conference may be stronger next year. Our string of conference championships is kind of like UConn's string of FF appearances and NCs. Both were done before parity came about. Likely will not be done again and coaches shouldn't be held to those comparisons. Such comparisons are unrealistic. Be thankful for any championship you can win. They are going to be harder and harder to come by.
BUVA
Just got a text from friend ....Jeff Walz from L'ville on list for TN job. If so, Pat is spinning...
Brusinbear2001
He is on every list every year. I doubt they do that.
BUVA
They are hiring head coach from Marshall. First time coach has no affiliation with Pat Summitt.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39894201/source-tennessee-hires-marshall-kim-caldwell-new-coach
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.