Interesting tweet of #yrs coaching before 1st National Championship

1,146 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by historian
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Jay Wright was 22 yrs.
Kim M was only 5! She is the outlier!

Maybe we should give Nicki some time!!
LTBear19
It's not necessarily that simple.

You have to consider the state of the program when each individual took over.

There are many coaches who took over a program that was already positioned to do great things and won right out the gate.

Steve Kerr with the Warriors in 2015, and Larry Coker with the Miami Hurricanes in 2001 come to mind.

As for Nicki Collen, I think we're all hoping that she gets there sooner rather than later. But opinions on an allowable timeframe for such an accomplishment will vary from person to person - as many on here feel she was walking into a solid/respectable situation - while others feel that she was inheriting an absolute mess.
whitetrash
Dcheetah said:

Steve Fisher: 2 weeks

Bone Squad
I don't think even Collen's most ardent critics would say she should have won a national championship within her first three years.
blackie
Bone Squad said:

I don't think even Collen's most ardent critics would say she should have won a national championship within her first three years.
I would hope not, but there is one poster that had she done that would find something else to rag on her and the team for. To be honest I don't think we would have won one in these 3 years if KM had stayed, either.
Dcheetah
Winner!
historian
We definitely should give CNC some time. The game is much more competitive now that it was.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.