Lety Vasconcelos & Denae Fritz Enter transfer portal

7,286 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Chibears2
blackie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bawitdaball said:

Threebears said:

Vasconcelos may develop into a solid player, but it wouldn't likely be next year. Abraham will be going into her third year, and she will need to give us quality minutes. Bartley showed some promise until she had a back injury. She could be more of a force and a scoring threat because she has a nice touch. Vonleh will play a lot. One or two more good juniors would be helpful especially if one is a shooting guard. Fritz puzzles me. She just didn't seem to be a good fit on last year's team-not enough minutes to develop. VanGuytenbeek really developed in the last half of the season, but she got significant minutes. Minutes are hard to come by when the team is trying to win every game.

When is a team not trying to win every game?
My guess is what was meant was that we really didn't have many games once conference started to have a big enough cushion to take the main players out. Even in a few where we won by15-20 a lot of that margin didn't come until late in the game and by that time minutes were not going to be meaningful.
Dcheetah

chorne68
She was disappointing for us but will probably be great for Tech.
bawitdaball
chorne68 said:

She was disappointing for us but will probably be great for Tech.
She'll be a star, but she has downgraded programs tremendously. Not sure anyone has really excelled in Tech's offensive scheme in the last decade.
longtimebear
LBhoopz#1fan said:

I just seen this a few minutes ago.. Tbh we can't afford to lose another post especially with size like Vasconcelos .. I feel like this is all falling on Collins .. EXPERIENCE is a big key to getting back to the Natty! if we are up 30+ points everybody should be playing not just the first 7-8 girls!! How y'all feel about this
I've felt like you the last couple of years. Why recruit them if your not going at least give them a chance when the big lights are on. Sitting the bench doesn't teach them anything. That is easily my biggest gripe with Coach.
Bone Squad
The only criticism I have for the staff relating to Vasconcelos was that they did put her in at the end of the Iowa State game, where she promptly fouled Crooks for an and-1 that sealed our loss.

Maybe she could have eventually been a contributor for us, but she demonstrated time and again that she had no business on the floor against power 5 competition. Despite her height, she was not able to hold her own on defense. She regularly bricked badly within 3 feet of the basket. She got some rebounds, but did not even dominate there as much as you might expect for someone of her size.

On the few occasions where we blew teams out, she DID get a reasonable amount of playing time. But that only occurred early in the season against patsies. If we had tried to play her more against decent teams, we would have lost more games, exactly like we did against Iowa State.

Contrast her against two freshman that Collen employed regularly - Bella and Buggs. The difference was that those two showed that they could hang with the competition when they got their opportunities. Lety did not.
randybear
CNC has made it clear that if you want playing time during a game, you have to earn it during practice. Since we (the fans) are not at practice I have to assume they didn't earn playing time there. Also, with the competition so strong in just about every game they play and with the fire CNC with every lose that this board has, she has to play her best players every minute of every game.
Chibears2
Letty could really benefit from a red shirt year going against some really good posts in practice who have some height. She could get that here this year.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.