transfer portal commits

22,829 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Wbbfan29
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok
Dcheetah
I am hopeful that Kyla might but we will have to see. I also think Nicki still believes in Madison or she would probanly be in the portal. She played injured most of the year although it seems she lost confidence in her shot early and before the injury. She will need a Jana like resurrection to contribute. Like most, I am also hoping we get 2 quality bigs (C/F). If that chases one of them to the portal ok but we probably need 4 for the depth.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Bear3
I really wish we could have gotten Grace. She has 2 years left, is 6' 3" and could start. That is what we need . Although I understand her wanting to play close to home.

Nicki started following Arnette from Colorado and she would be good and could start. There are some very good guards in portal and would not hurt to get one with some eligibility left since we lose a lot after next year. However to make a deep run this year we HAVE to get a tall post/center who can start.
Brusinbear2001
yeah from an interview Grace only went to visit MSU.
12au
Brusinbear2001 said:

yeah from an interview Grace only went to visit MSU.
Hmm so I wonder who visited Saturday then
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottS
Is it just me or does it seem like Iowa State loses their whole team to the portal each year??
74Bear
I find it strange ANYONE would play for Bill Fennelly. Watch him during time outs. He screams right in the face of his players.
Wbbfan29
Just read that she can squat 400lbs and bench 225...
Wbbfan29
Im guessing it was Ruby in sat and sun and then Maybe Cameron on monday. Just guessing ..
12au
Wbbfan29 said:

Im guessing it was Ruby in sat and sun and then Maybe Cameron on monday. Just guessing ..
Williams' was yesterday (Tuesday) according to a post on another thread. Whitehorn's IG story at Foster was on Monday I'm pretty sure
Wbbfan29
Okay thanks
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
This isn't like a transfer commit, but it is a Juco commit for WVU.

ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
BearkatBear
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

this is a great get for KSU. one of the best non major conference transfers.
Eball
So just wondering how difficult it is to get the right fit on a roster...if you have 7-8 returners who will likely play a lot of minutes but say only 10 on your roster and want to add 1 or 2 how in the world do you add someone who is not assured of significant playing time or someone who might take away time from your returners? Portal roster construction is delicate....this is why you see so many exiting via the portal they looking for rosters where they can come in and play I would think.
rileyroo
I'm hoping that we get a transfer soon. Drew is loading up and I don't hear anything from CNC and the women's team. Multiple other Big 12 teams are bringing in impact players. I guess we are waiting for the right pick.
Brusinbear2001
I think in terms of a center they are clearly the missing piece. I think we also have room for either a 3 or 4 that can give us depth. If we got a 3 i assume Bella would go to the 4 or if we got a 4 she stays at the 3 she is a swiss army knife when it comes to those two positions. I think that is all we are missing in terms of going into next season.
BU71
Brusinbear2001 said:

I think in terms of a center they are clearly the missing piece. I think we also have room for either a 3 or 4 that can give us depth. If we got a 3 i assume Bella would go to the 4 or if we got a 4 she stays at the 3 she is a swiss army knife when it comes to those two positions. I think that is all we are missing in terms of going into next season
Unless we get help from some combination of the Kyla, Madison, or the portal we will struggle to defend Iowa State, TCU, and any other teams with legitimate taller post players or wide loads like the kid from Iowa State. They will struggle to keep up with our speed and quickness but if the 3's don't fall we could have a hard time.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
it seems everyone in the conference now has a new big or already had a good big so it's going to be needed
woodsa75
Heck maybe we need to rerecruit Lety
BUVA
The TCU coach must have stuffed a lot of the Nike $ in his luggage when he left OR. He is a good recruiter; did a lot of that work for Kelly Graves.
Brusinbear2001
he has always been a great recruiter
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Brusinbear2001
yeah i feel she could end up anywhere honestly, the main guess is Mississippi State
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.