ERCOT asking for conservation of energy from 6AM to 10AM tomorrow morning

1,516 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by historian
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
4th and Inches
Because green power is stupid.. its not around when demand is(late afternoon in summer for peak cooling and over night in winter for heat) no solar and less wind over night..
midgett
4th and Inches said:

Because green power is stupid.. its not around when demand is(late afternoon in summer for peak cooling and over night in winter for heat) no solar and less wind over night..

Al Gore is keeping all the green energy in a lockbox.
boognish_bear
4th and Inches said:

We have independent energy as a state. We've had almost 3 years to figure this out. I don't understand why a couple days in the teens is threatening to harm the grid again.
4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

4th and Inches said:

We have independent energy as a state. We've had almost 3 years to figure this out. I don't understand why a couple days in the teens is threatening to harm the grid again.
because about 25% of our grid is wind and solar

A couple of small sodium cooled nuke power plants and life would be so much better power wise..
boognish_bear
4th and Inches said:

boognish_bear said:

4th and Inches said:

because about 25% of our grid is wind and solar

A couple of small sodium cooled nuke power plants and life would be so much better power wise..

Why do they not make the change?
boognish_bear
KaiBear
Currently. - 6 degrees

Looking for a low around - 19 degrees by 4 pm.

No power problems.
OsoCoreyell
Don't see how anyone can take the conservative position when it comes to energy. These calls are racist, and the current system must be dismantled, not conserved! DEI...DEI...DEI!!!
boognish_bear
Porteroso
If only there was a way to "throttle" electricity like that. Maybe they meant turn it off to anyone obviously constantly running a PC?
TenBears
Yea! Abbott/Cruz's Bitcoin miners will make a killing this week!
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Looks like several big school districts will be closed tomorrow so I guess that will help the six to nine a.m. conservation window
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Seems kind of crazy to be hearing this in April

Whiskey Pete
boognish_bear said:

Seems kind of crazy to be hearing this in April

Sounds like we need to open that coal fired power plants back up
historian
Everyone who works for ERCOT, especially the bigwigs with the fat paychecks, should be required to live in Texas and be the first to lose power when it goes out due to insufficient power generation. Hook them up to the windmills & solar "farms."
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
And build more nuclear power plants.
Guy Noir
historian said:

And build more nuclear power plants.
I agree. I am beginning to believe that Wind power generation is not so Eco-friendly. It has noise polution, It kills birds and disposal of used blades will fill up our landfills.
historian
They are also an eyesore and noisy. There truly is nothing good about them. They certainly don't generate enough electricity to offset all the negatives.

Besides killing birds, windmills in the oceans kill whales. They are an ecological disaster.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.