AKB having a day

2,513 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Fre3dombear
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Harrison Bergeron said:

quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Mothra said:

Good for her. I'd prefer our supreme court justices not be partisan shills.
I feel like Trump's SC picks have been pretty fair compared to the hype around their senate appointments.
Like in most of the government, the so-called "conservative" justices generally approach the law from a legal perspective vs. being purely partisan shills. In fairness, so-called "conservative" justices are generally selected based on their record and talent vs. the left-wing justice are obvious tokens. The token black woman and Latina are barely literate and clearly have the legal acumen of chihuahua.

I bet when you say DEI it ends in a hard R.
I bet you think Greg Abbot banned Tik Tok.

I bet when you say DEI it ends in a hard R.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

Unlike Alito, who would rather not focus on the facts of the case, Barrett got Trump's attorney to admit that three of the acts in this case were not official acts.
We're in a really dark place…

The men are in the tank for Trump, so we're at real risk of losing democracy.

I would say that a liberal DC political establishment that spies on Presidential candidates it does not like…while also spying on American citizens…while also importing in millions of 3rd world voters to change the electorate is more of a danger to "our democracy" than one particular case at SCOTUS about the limits of Presidential immunity
I would too...until a dictator took power with the help of presidential immunity.
lol, literally zero chance of this
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Oldbear83
Quash is channeling his inner pirate, I see.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

Unlike Alito, who would rather not focus on the facts of the case, Barrett got Trump's attorney to admit that three of the acts in this case were not official acts.

I would say that a liberal DC political establishment that spies on Presidential candidates it does not like…while also spying on American citizens…while also importing in millions of 3rd world voters to change the electorate is more of a danger to "our democracy" than one particular case at SCOTUS about the limits of Presidential immunity
I would too...until a dictator took power with the help of presidential immunity.
Congratulations! Believing there's zero chance it will happen is literally the most important prerequisite for it to happen.
curtpenn
Bestweekeverr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Mothra said:

I feel like Trump's SC picks have been pretty fair compared to the hype around their senate appointments.
Like in most of the government, the so-called "conservative" justices generally approach the law from a legal perspective vs. being purely partisan shills. In fairness, so-called "conservative" justices are generally selected based on their record and talent vs. the left-wing justice are obvious tokens. The token black woman and Latina are barely literate and clearly have the legal acumen of chihuahua.
Didn't have to make it racist, but alright.

Simple truth isn't racist.
Harrison Bergeron
curtpenn said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Mothra said:

It's amazing it's okay to hire unqualified tokens, but the racists get butthurt when you notice.

Jumanji and Sotomayor wouldn't get into on online law school if based on merit.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

Congratulations! Believing there's zero chance it will happen is literally the most important prerequisite for it to happen.
nonsense..

A single person has no power in our form of govt. It would take dozens of people in dozens of separate places of power to even have a chance..

People have power, not buildings. Those people as spread out and power is distributed across 100s of people 50-100 separate geographical locations.

99% unlikey in all situations.. 100% unlikely because SCOTUS deems the president had imminity from prosecution while acting as president.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

nonsense..

A single person has no power in our form of govt. It would take dozens of people in dozens of separate places of power to even have a chance..

People have power, not buildings. Those people as spread out and power is distributed across 100s of people 50-100 separate geographical locations.

99% unlikey in all situations.. 100% unlikely because SCOTUS deems the president had imminity from prosecution while acting as president.
Our founders understood that no form of government is immune. Anyone who thinks we're the exception is asking for a lesson in tyranny.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

nonsense..

Our founders understood that no form of government is immune. Anyone who thinks we're the exception is asking for a lesson in tyranny.
our govt is nothing like the govt of our founders. It a massively evolved version.

Play it out. Trump or whomever declares themself king or dictator.. then what?

–Horace

Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

nonsense..

our govt is nothing like the govt of our founders. It a massively evolved version.

No one declares himself king or dictator any more. He just announces that he's running for a third term, and it plays out something like this. I'm not saying it will happen, this time...but Trump is creating the template.
Oldbear83
Instead of obsessing on fictional claims, maybe Sam could address the real-world threats to our nation such as attacking the leading opposition candidate through lawfare and contrived misuse of our legal system.

Of course that would require an unbiased approach to the matter, which seems well beyond the scope of some these days ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Instead of obsessing on fictional claims, maybe Sam could address the real-world threats to our nation such as attacking the leading opposition candidate through lawfare and contrived misuse of our legal system.

Of course that would require an unbiased approach to the matter, which seems well beyond the scope of some these days ...
I addressed Democratic abuses in the post you replied to before. My point was that worse things might be imaginable. Part of the Court's job is to consider hypothetical (not fictional) threats.

I support Trump's policies for the most part, so the accusation of bias rings hollow. I would much rather find reasons to vote for him than to vote against him. Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm objective enough to see that not all of the claims against him are contrived.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

nonsense..

No one declares himself king or dictator any more. He just announces that he's running for a third term, and it plays out something like this. I'm not saying it will happen, this time...but Trump is creating the template.
has a bit of a constitutional problem to declare himself a 3rd term..

Even the hairbrained election stuff had some merit(sorta not really)

How do you think Trump Is getting around the 22nd amendment?

–Horace

Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

nonsense..

If it's a choice between Kamala and Trump Pt. 3, what do you do? I can tell you what the majority here would do.

Trump gets around the 22nd the same way he got around the 14th. The states tried to enforce it and failed - and that's precedent now. Who do you think will enforce it? Mike Johnson?

Populists want to stick it to the establishment and have their voices heard, never mind the rules. There's a chance you just might get your wish.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

nonsense..

If it's a choice between Kamala and Trump Pt. 3, what do you do? I can tell you what the majority here would do.

Trump gets around the 22nd the same way he got around the 14th. The states tried to enforce it and failed - and that's precedent now. Who do you think will enforce it? Mike Johnson?

Populists want to stick it to the establishment and have their voices heard, never mind the rules. There's a chance you just might get your wish.
the states tried to enforce the 14th in the most moronic way possible.. of course it failed.

Section 5 cant be ignored

The 22nd has no variability to interpretation. Between the 22nd and the 12th, he is done after 2 terms if he wins.

–Horace

Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

nonsense..

the states tried to enforce the 14th in the most moronic way possible.. of course it failed.

Section 5 cant be ignored

The 22nd has no variability to interpretation. Between the 22nd and the 12th, he is done after 2 terms if he wins.

No variability in your opinion, at least for now. But there are different interpretations as to all of those points. Minds can and will change when it's convenient.
Bestweekeverr
Harrison Bergeron said:

curtpenn said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Mothra said:

It's amazing it's okay to hire unqualified tokens, but the racists get butthurt when you notice.

Sotomayor graduated summa cum laude at Princeton and won the Pyne Prize (highest academic honor that Princeton awards to an undergraduate), got her JD from Yale, and has been nominated by three different presidents (H.W. Bush, Clinton, Obama).

Jackson got her JD from Harvard cum laude and an extensive legal career, including VP and Commissioner on the YS sentencing commission. Was nominated to the US District Court for DC by the president and served there for 8 years.

Tell me how they are unqualified because it sounds like you're just talking out of your ass.

Why aren't you saying anything about Clarence Thomas who affirms he was most-likely an Affirmative Action take at Yale? (I'm not saying this makes him unqualified, but weird how you call out "tokens" but not him)

Sounds like you just assume that any minority that doesn't agree with you is an unqualified token...
Harrison Bergeron
Bestweekeverr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

curtpenn said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Mothra said:

Sotomayor graduated summa cum laude at Princeton and won the Pyne Prize (highest academic honor that Princeton awards to an undergraduate), got her JD from Yale, and has been nominated by three different presidents (H.W. Bush, Clinton, Obama).

Jackson got her JD from Harvard cum laude and an extensive legal career, including VP and Commissioner on the YS sentencing commission. Was nominated to the US District Court for DC by the president and served there for 8 years.

Tell me how they are unqualified because it sounds like you're just talking out of your ass.

Why aren't you saying anything about Clarence Thomas who affirms he was most-likely an Affirmative Action take at Yale? (I'm not saying this makes him unqualified, but weird how you call out "tokens" but not him)

Sounds like you just assume that any minority that doesn't agree with you is an unqualified token...
Sheila Jackson Lee graduated from Yale and law school from Virginia. What are the average SAT and LSAT scores among ethnic groups of admitted students? I wonder if they would be the same or if some students from particular groups are admitted with lower scores?

When the president says "I'm going to select a black woman" that's the textbook definition of a token.

Thomas definitely was a toke. No way Bush could not replace Thurgood Marshall with an African American. That being said, he clearly is on a different intellectual plane than the other two. I mean you can listen to particularly Sotomayor talk and realize she's not going to be president of Mensa.
Bestweekeverr
Harrison Bergeron said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

curtpenn said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Mothra said:

Sheila Jackson Lee graduated from Yale and law school from Virginia. What are the average SAT and LSAT scores among ethnic groups of admitted students? I wonder if they would be the same or if some students from particular groups are admitted with lower scores?

When the president says "I'm going to select a black woman" that's the textbook definition of a token.

Thomas definitely was a toke. No way Bush could not replace Thurgood Marshall with an African American. That being said, he clearly is on a different intellectual plane than the other two. I mean you can listen to particularly Sotomayor talk and realize she's not going to be president of Mensa.
What the averages are isn't relevant, you have no idea what her scores were. She graduated with honors at one of the best law schools in the country, that's not just given to you because you're a minority lol.

Biden is dumb and should have just said "I'm going to select the best available candidate" and then pick her. But he made a promise that he would make a selection that would add black female representation to the Supreme Court and he kept it. I don't think that's a bad thing, unless do you believe that there isn't a single black woman in America that's qualified to be on the SC.

Thomas has way more years of experience in law and on the SC, I would expect him to be on a different plane. Doesn't make Sotomayor any less qualified, I didn't notice anything while listening to the oral arguments, maybe not as skilled at public speaking, but doesn't mean she's not intelligent when it comes to the law. I don't think she get's a nomination from three different presidents for different positions (dems and reps) if she weren't qualified.

If you have specific instances where you disagree with a SC judge that's fine, but all of the current justices come from the top law schools and having decades of experience and I wouldn't call any of them unqualified.
Mothra
C. Jordan said:

quash said:

We're in a really dark place. While this is a positive, it's shocking that all the men were more worried about what might happen than what did happen. In fact, they didn't even want to talk about the facts of the case. They wanted to live in hypotheticals. Alito in particular.

And all this stuff about originalism and textualism gets tossed when it's in the way of conservative activism. The Constitution plainly, plainly sees the President as liable for prosecution.

Never heard a Supreme Court argument before, huh? That's what the Justices do - pepper the attorneys with hypotheticals based on what would happen if they rule a certain way. This happens in almost every single case before the Court.

Just FYI, Sotomayor did the exact same thing.
Harrison Bergeron
Bestweekeverr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

curtpenn said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Mothra said:

What the averages are isn't relevant, you have no idea what her scores were. She graduated with honors at one of the best law schools in the country, that's not just given to you because you're a minority lol.

Biden is dumb and should have just said "I'm going to select the best available candidate" and then pick her. But he made a promise that he would make a selection that would add black female representation to the Supreme Court and he kept it. I don't think that's a bad thing, unless do you believe that there isn't a single black woman in America that's qualified to be on the SC.

Thomas has way more years of experience in law and on the SC, I would expect him to be on a different plane. Doesn't make Sotomayor any less qualified, I didn't notice anything while listening to the oral arguments, maybe not as skilled at public speaking, but doesn't mean she's not intelligent when it comes to the law. I don't think she get's a nomination from three different presidents for different positions (dems and reps) if she weren't qualified.

If you have specific instances where you disagree with a SC judge that's fine, but all of the current justices come from the top law schools and having decades of experience and I wouldn't call any of them unqualified.

Just listen to the questions and comments. Sotomayor is a moron. Jumanji does not know what is a woman. Case closed.

You cannot hire tokens and then get upset when people notice.
william
ACB - The Arby's Jurist!

- KKM
POE.
Fre3dombear
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

nonsense..

Imagine thinking that's what could happen versus what is happening.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.