Football
Sponsored by

* * Old Baylor Football or Football Related Photos

29,031 Views | 355 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Assassin
oorahpa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Adrian Burk was a great one. 2nd pick in the first round. 2 time starting a.b. pro bowl. Original general counsel for Bud with the Oilers. My dad and Adrian were very close. Dad helped Adrian get into B Baylor Law. Then helped Adrian get hired h V & E in Houston. Adrian was ALL SWC 1st Baseman as well as Q.B. Signed Billy Cannon under the goal posts at the Sugar Bowl for the Oilers. First $100k football contract. Caused a big sturdy Pete Rozell was the g.m.with L.A. and wanted to test the Cannon contract in court but the NFL League Office nixed the idea. They thought it made the rump AFL appear to be on equal footing with the NFL. Adrian was ready he was contract law at Baylor. Rode to many Baylor games with Adrian and Bob. Went to lots of Oiler games as our season tickets were with Adrian and Bob. Had the run of the dressing room in those days.
John Heard

oorahpa
#17 Hayden Fry. At Adrian Burk's Funeral Frank Broyles told me at a.long lunch if it had not been from Hayden drawing up plays on the bench on a legal pad and letting Adrian run them Frank who was q.b. coach would have been selling insurance under the escalator at Sears. 3 great Baylor Bears. Hayden took SMU to the Cotton Bowl then they fired him 2 years later. At Iowa he was King for 20 years. He engineered a unique clause buried in the fine print of his contract that said he owned the company that produced all the official university merchandise. At that time Iowa had no sales because they had not won for many years. Well Hayden got them winning and when you got the form for Bowl tickets you were required to buy official gear for the game. Hayden wanted everyone in Iowa gear. He made more on the gear that his coaching contract. He had that deal his whole career. The alums were happy to pay and excited to go to Bowl games. Baylor missed on hiring Frank Broyles very because the BOR thought Frank looked too young. Adrian and dad were blown away.

John Heard

HarryMehre
oorahpa said:

#17 Hayden Fry. At Adrian Burk's Funeral Frank Broyles told me at a.long lunch if it had not been from Hayden drawing up plays on the bench on a legal pad and letting Adrian run them Frank who was q.b. coach would have been selling insurance under the escalator at Sears. 3 great Baylor Bears. Hayden took SMU to the Cotton Bowl then they fired him 2 years later. At Iowa he was King for 20 years. He engineered a unique clause buried in the fine print of his contract that said he owned the company that produced all the official university merchandise. At that time Iowa had no sales because they had not won for many years. Well Hayden got them winning and when you got the form for Bowl tickets you were required to buy official gear for the game. Hayden wanted everyone in Iowa gear. He made more on the gear that his coaching contract. He had that deal his whole career. The alums were happy to pay and excited to go to Bowl games. Baylor missed on hiring Frank Broyles very because the BOR thought Frank looked too young. Adrian and dad were blown away.

SMU fired Hayden Fry 6 years after he took them to the Cotton Bowl.
Easy Money
Ronnie bull drafted by Chicago bears was also voted nfl rookie of the year
Assassin

Courtesy Pinterest
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin

1982 vs Ohio State. Courtesy EBay
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin

2019 courtesy Pinterest
Easy Money
Seems like 100 years ago
Assassin
Billy hoover said:

Seems like 100 years ago
Doesnt it? From #5 in the nation , to not even #5 in Big 12.
Russell Gym
Assassin said:

Billy hoover said:

Seems like 100 years ago

You just described every season for Aggy, except in the SEC West, not Big 12.
Assassin
Russell Gym said:

Assassin said:

Billy hoover said:

Seems like 100 years ago
You just described every season for Aggy, except in the SEC West, not Big 12.
Know that the ogres are gone to the SEC, this thing is wide open. If Aranda filled the right holes, who knows what could happen
Assassin

TShirt off of EBay
Assassin

Baylor vs Texas, 1953 courtesy EBay
Assassin

Baylor Lariat
Assassin

Baylor vs USC 1959 in LA
Assassin

Baylor vs Kansas, no date, Pinterest
Assassin

Big Shawn from back in the day
MrGolfguy
Assassin said:

UT killer QB Brad Goebel, back2back wins over the horns including 50-7 in Austin
GoodOleBaylorLine
Assassin said:

That's Brad Goebel playing against Kansas 1989.

He was skinny, but wow
Assassin

Big Mike and someone I dont know
MrGolfguy
Frank Ditta
Russell Gym
Assassin said:

Frank Ditta, All-American OL
Assassin
Russell Gym said:

Assassin said:

Frank Ditta, All-American OL
So glad you told me. He's a friend. Cant believe I missed it!
Assassin

Baylor vs Rice Institute 1938, courtesy EBay
Waco1947
MrGolfguy said:

Assassin said:

UT killer QB Brad Goebel, back2back wins over the horns including 50-7 in Austin
I saw that game in Austin.
Waco1947
Assassin
Assassin

One of my favorite styles of BU Helmets
Assassin

1930s or 40s window decal
Assassin

Anyone identify this guy? Any uniform history folk identify the era?
Assassin

This one came off an Arkansas page, not sure of date. Looks like large trees behind this so I would guess Little Rock or Fayetteville. Haven't been to either though.
MrGolfguy
Assassin said:

Roger Goree; only year white helmets used was 1969?
Assassin
MrGolfguy said:

Assassin said:

Roger Goree; only year white helmets used was 1969?
I was guessing Goree but I wasnt totally positive. Our bright light during the Beall years
Assassin

the 1965 season, courtesy EBay
Assassin

BU vs UT, 1967. That was in the days of 200 squad member UT teams
Assassin

Program from 1975 courtesy Etsy

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.