Arizona v Clemson 3-28-24

3,636 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TWD 1974
Big12Fan2024
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quinton said:

boognish_bear said:

Was Clemson underseeded?

UNM was the sexy pick to beat them in their first game and Clem smoked them....now they've bested #2 and #3

ACC was underrated
ACC was underrated at the top end because the mid tier and bottom were fairly weak. Big 12 was a bit overrated at the top end because the entire league was made up of good not great teams. Baylor, Tech, BYU, Kansas, TCU and Texas were just good, competitive teams. None would have finished any higher in any other high major conference.
BUCANDOIT82
Kansas and Baylor had key injuries down the stretch… Both probably advance further if healthy.
Big12Fan2024
Baylor fans have a tendency to justify any loss by quickly pointing to either injuries or refs. I guess it makes them feel better? I don't know. Every team has injuries. We have no idea how Baylor or Kansas would have performed with the injured player. But to claim it would have automatically meant a win is impossible unless Baylor or Kansas didn't lose a game in which that player played when he wasn't injured. And that wasn't true in either case. Baylor lost games with Langston in the lineup and Kansas lost games with Kevin McCullar in the lineup. But if an excuse makes someone feel better, then why not I guess.
JP1037
Say what you want. We gave Clemson that game with wide open misses. We could have beat AZ. Makes me sick.
Quinton
It was significantly overrated at the top. By a lot.

I don't consider a conference with a bunch of mediocre teams, one hobbled 4 man squad, one streaky underperformer, and two 25 yr old overachievers the best conference by far.

The offensive talent wasn't any good outside of streaky Bu and occasional executing Ku. When teams are night and day different at home v away.. or can't play when officiating gets cleaner.. just not anywhere near the hype
boognish_bear
historian
boognish_bear said:

SDSU and Arizona are gone....last hope to end this curse is Gonzaga

I'm not certain, but I think Waco is slightly to the west of that line.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BellCountyBear
Glad Clemson won. Makes our loss a little more palatable.
Yogi
If we can just make free throws or Love is healthy, Clemson is in Clemson tonight.

Yes, I am a sore loser, and at my age, I can remain sore for a very long time...
TechDawgMc
historian said:

boognish_bear said:

SDSU and Arizona are gone....last hope to end this curse is Gonzaga

I'm not certain, but I think Waco is slightly to the west of that line.
It's close but that line basically hits the southeast tip of Texas, and that's west of Waco.
boognish_bear
UNC and ISU both trailing ....didn't expect that
Big12Fan2024
So the guy who was on his way to Waco for a visit but Bama cut a check so he wouldn't visit Waco and sign immediately with them almost single-handedly takes Bama to a win over UNC and a spot in the Elite 8.
IvanBear
This Sweet 16 so far is very much showing outside of maybe 1 to 3 teams college basketball is really down this year. No one is that good outside of UConn, maybe Purdue maybe Houston pre injury. None of these teams would match up favorably to prior years tournaments.
TechDawgMc
Big12Fan2024 said:

So the guy who was on his way to Waco for a visit but Bama cut a check so he wouldn't visit Waco and sign immediately with them almost single-handedly takes Bama to a win over UNC and a spot in the Elite 8.

Didn't know we were after him. That was a career second half.
IvanBear
Big12Fan2024 said:

Need to up our NIL game.
Big12Fan2024
He was supposed to visit Baylor first, then Bama, then Arkansas after dropping Florida St and Iowa without visiting. He was at the top of our list for transfers and most thought we were the favorite. Bama paid him off before he got to Waco and they didn't want him going on his visit to Arkansas either.
historian
Clemson outplayed Baylor
Clemson outplayed Arizona
Illinois outplayed Iowa State
Alabama apparently outplayed UNC (I didn't watch)

And yet all were close games that could have jobs the other way. There certainly is lots of parity this year.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BusyTarpDuster2017
JP1037 said:

Say what you want. We gave Clemson that game with wide open misses. We could have beat AZ. Makes me sick.
That's what we've done all year. We never could string two great shooting games in a row. Shooting consistency was really bad this year. What happened vs. Clemson was just way too predictable.
Johnny Bear
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

JP1037 said:

That's what we've done all year. We never could string two great shooting games in a row. Shooting consistency was really bad this year. What happened vs. Clemson was just way too predictable.

I felt all along that having a poor 3 point shooting game would play a huge roll in us exiting the Tournament at some point. With us at least appearing to get a favorable first weekend draw for a change, I was hopeful/optimistic that we could at least make it to the Sweet 16 before it happened, but obviously we couldn't. As has been noted, we had plenty of open look 3 point opportunities against Clemson to win that game (possibly even decisively) and didn't get it done.
TWD 1974
Big12Fan2024 said:

Arizona must have gamed the system as badly as the Big 12. There is no way that is a Top 10 defense. They are as bad at transition D as we were.
We would have competed with Az for third in the big 12.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.