Why Are We in Ukraine?

175,480 Views | 3987 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Redbrickbear
KaiBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone else notice the changes in the western media's representation of the war in Ukraine ?

Now by step the various media outlets are preparing their audiences for Ukraine's inevitable defeat.

Shocking; gee who could have ever seen this coming ?

I disagree. They are accurately reporting that Russia has major momentum. Aside from a few fools predicting Ukraine victory last year, the media has been surprisingly accurate in its reporting.

Let me guess, you are one of those guys who believe Russia blew up their own natural gas pipeline in the Baltic Sea.
To this day, I have no idea who truly was behind that. It doesn't make sense for anyone in my view, but I would not put it past Russia, U.S., or any Euro.

Biden publicly threatened to blow up the pipeline.

It's on tape.

Then our 'accurate' media repeatedly claimed the Russians blew up their own money maker.

Still more proof the days of honest media in the US are long finished.

Who do you think did it, and what is your evidence? Heck, Russia itself went from blaming the UK, then U.S., then one of the Nordics.
We blew it up of course.

Biden was asked point blank if the US would do such a thing if Russia invaded and he looked straight into the camera and stated unequivocally that the pipeline would be destroyed.

Good grief despite Biden's declaration our 'accurate' media had the gall to claim the Russians blew up their own pipeline.

Worse, his dumb as grass constituents didn't even care being lied to about a flagrant act of war against both an ally and an enemy .

So your evidence is senile Biden's pre-invasion statement in a presser?

You have convinced me.

That the president of the United States publicly declared his intentions means nothing.

Obviously the Russians blew up their own pipeline , intentionally depriving themselves of billions of dollars in revenue.

Revenue desperately needed to help with the costs of their war.

Yes sir that Putin sure is diabolically clever !
Sam Lowry
NATO starts deploying troops as Russia races to win
By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

NATO is starting to deploy combat troops to Ukraine. Soldiers from Poland, France, the UK, Finland and other NATO members are arriving in larger numbers.

Although Russia says there are over 3,100 mercenaries in Ukraine, these newly arriving troops are not mercenaries. They are in uniform, home country proclaimed via insignia. They mostly are concentrated in the western part of the country, although in some cases they are close to the actual fighting in the east.

NATO's plan to try and ward off disaster seems to be to fill in gaps in Ukraine's forces by importing "advisers," waiting for the US to commit its army to the battle after the election in November. The Russians know this and are in a race to try and collapse Ukraine's army before Biden returns to office, if in fact he does. If the Russians are successful, a bigger war in Europe will be avoided. If not, with the introduction of US forces, Europe will be plunged into World War III.

https://asiatimes.com/2024/04/nato-starts-deploying-troops-as-russia-races-to-win/
whiterock
KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone else notice the changes in the western media's representation of the war in Ukraine ?

Now by step the various media outlets are preparing their audiences for Ukraine's inevitable defeat.

I disagree. They are accurately reporting that Russia has major momentum. Aside from a few fools predicting Ukraine victory last year, the media has been surprisingly accurate in its reporting.

Let me guess, you are one of those guys who believe Russia blew up their own natural gas pipeline in the Baltic Sea.
To this day, I have no idea who truly was behind that. It doesn't make sense for anyone in my view, but I would not put it past Russia, U.S., or any Euro.

It's on tape.

Then our 'accurate' media repeatedly claimed the Russians blew up their own money maker.

Who do you think did it, and what is your evidence? Heck, Russia itself went from blaming the UK, then U.S., then one of the Nordics.
We blew it up of course.

Biden was asked point blank if the US would do such a thing if Russia invaded and he looked straight into the camera and stated unequivocally that the pipeline would be destroyed.

Good grief despite Biden's declaration our 'accurate' media had the gall to claim the Russians blew up their own pipeline.

Worse, his dumb as grass constituents didn't even care being lied to about a flagrant act of war against both an ally and an enemy .

it isn't an act of war if the ally concurs with it.

zero chance a Nato member attacks an asset of another without prior coordination.
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

NATO is starting to deploy combat troops to Ukraine. Soldiers from Poland, France, the UK, Finland and other NATO members are arriving in larger numbers.

Although Russia says there are over 3,100 mercenaries in Ukraine, these newly arriving troops are not mercenaries. They are in uniform, home country proclaimed via insignia. They mostly are concentrated in the western part of the country, although in some cases they are close to the actual fighting in the east.

NATO's plan to try and ward off disaster seems to be to fill in gaps in Ukraine's forces by importing "advisers," waiting for the US to commit its army to the battle after the election in November. The Russians know this and are in a race to try and collapse Ukraine's army before Biden returns to office, if in fact he does. If the Russians are successful, a bigger war in Europe will be avoided. If not, with the introduction of US forces, Europe will be plunged into World War III.

https://asiatimes.com/2024/04/nato-starts-deploying-troops-as-russia-races-to-win/
other reporting indicates Nato troops are filling in logistics and support positions to speed up operations and free up Ukrainian troops for frontline duty.

as alluded to in your link, Nato cannot allow Ukraine to collapse, and will not.

KaiBear
whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

It's on tape.

We blew it up of course.

Ridiculous

You need to stop posting for sheer volume and aspire instead to produce some worthwhile content.

As it's getting to the point your rarely worth reading at all.

Mothra
Redbrickbear said:

Mothra said:

The_barBEARian said:

This is what the Globalists want to destroy:

Putin is an enemy to Christianity.

I would not go that far. But he is certainly indifferent to Christianity. Or at least not interested in it beyond what he can use it for politically
I would. Putin has passed laws that do not allow Christians to evangelize under penalty of jail time. When you outlaw the Great Commission, that is most definitely an enemy of Christianity.
Mothra
KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

It's on tape.

We blew it up of course.

You have convinced me.

That the president of the United States publicly declared his intentions means nothing.

Obviously the Russians blew up their own pipeline , intentionally depriving themselves of billions of dollars in revenue.

The evidence points to pro-Ukrainian forces as being responsible for the explosion. Ironically, Russia had already threatened to cut off the gas supply to Europe prior to the explosion, and had been restricting the supply.
ron.reagan
KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

It's on tape.

We blew it up of course.

You have convinced me.

Considering they invaded Ukraine and the actions that followed I would say self sabotage is in their playbook. I don't think they did it but certainly wouldn't put it past them.
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

as alluded to in your link, Nato cannot allow Ukraine to collapse, and will not.
Thanks, I'd been meaning to ask you about that. It's an interesting comment since you've been telling us all along that the goal was to weaken Russia and if we could do that by sacrificing Ukraine you would count it as a win. I suspected you'd change your mind when defeat became imminent.

This is why one should never trust assurances like "Ukrainians are fighting Russia so our troops don't have to."
Mothra
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

other reporting indicates Nato troops are filling in logistics and support positions to speed up operations and free up Ukrainian troops for frontline duty.

Ukraine falling is not worth WWIII. No thanks.
Bear8084
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

Thanks, I'd been meaning to ask you about that. It's an interesting comment since you've been telling us all along that the goal was to weaken Russia and if we could do that by sacrificing Ukraine you would count it as a win. I suspected you'd change your mind when defeat became imminent.

This is why one should never trust assurances like "Ukrainians are fighting Russia so our troops don't have to."

LOL Defeat imminent...well, if your CCP rag says so.....
whiterock
KaiBear said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

It's on tape.

We blew it up of course.

Ridiculous

You need to stop posting for sheer volume and aspire instead to produce some worthwhile content.

As it's getting to the point your rarely worth reading at all.

What's ridiculous is the idea that one Nato ally would attack a vital resource of another without any blowback whatsoever.

Churchill sank the French fleet at Mers-el-Kebir to prevent it from falling into French hands. The French reaction was predictable, loud, and backed up by military retaliation.

Did we see that kind of reaction from Germany over the pipelines?
Nope.....
German government was so upset it escalated lethal aid to Ukraine.

Quite obvious this was a Nato decision, a fully coordinated operation - Res Ipsa Loquitur.
Quite crackpot to suggest that we attacked Germany to force German support for Ukraine.
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

There is no conflict in those statements, whatsoever.
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

Uh, WWIII has already started, buddy.
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

There is no conflict in those statements, whatsoever.
Nice try, Jan.
sombear
KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

It's on tape.

We blew it up of course.

You have convinced me.

There are arguments on all sides.

First of all, the pipeline wasn't operating.

As for Russia, it could have been a stern message to Germany and other Euros, "Don't meddle. I control your natgas. This is just the start." Or just a big F U, for which Putin is notorious.

As for the U.S., again, it might very well have been us, but Biden' statement in the German press conference clearly was planned. Why would he say that if he knew we were going to do it?

Why would Russia publicly change its mind so many times as to who did it?

Why has none of the multiple investigations shed hardly any light on who it was?

For me, nothing is off the table. But there is just no evidence either way, and every possible culprit had reasons to do it and not to do it.
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

We should all pray that is not true.

Some of you guys worry me with the saber rattling
Mothra
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

Come again? You serious, Clark?
Mothra
Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

No ***** Good grief, the neocons are a scary lot.
KaiBear
sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

It's on tape.

We blew it up of course.

You have convinced me.

As for Russia, it could have been a stern message to Germany and other Euros, "Don't meddle. I control your natgas. This is just the start." Or just a big F U, for which Putin is notorious.

As for the U.S., again, it might very well have been us, but Biden' statement in the German press conference clearly was planned. Why would he say that if he knew we were going to do it?

Why has none of the multiple investigations shed hardly any light on who it was?

For me, nothing is off the table. But there is just no evidence either way, and every possible culprit had reasons to do it and not to do it.

Good grief the Russians merely needed to keep the valve shut off if they wanted to make a point .

You guys are living proof why propaganda is so effective.
sombear
KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

It's on tape.

We blew it up of course.

You have convinced me.

Good grief the Russians merely needed to keep the valve shut off if they wanted to make a point .

No. I'm just impressed that you and Seymor Hersh are the only two people in world to actually know who did it! And that you both know more than U.S., Russia, China, Germany, Finland, and Sweden intel.

And BTW, if Putin just turned it off, he would not (1) have been able to blame others to rally Russian support, and (2) have had plausible deniability, which is a Putin's MO.
KaiBear
sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

It's on tape.

We blew it up of course.

You have convinced me.

No. I'm just impressed that you and Seymor Hersh are the only two people in world to actually know who did it! And that you both know more than U.S., Russia, China, Germany, Finland, and Sweden intel.

And BTW, if Putin just turned it off, he would not (1) have been able to blame others to rally Russian support, and (2) have had plausible deniability, which is a Putin's MO.

LOL

Biden has definitely'earned' your vote.
Sam Lowry
sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

It's on tape.

We blew it up of course.

You have convinced me.

Because if Hersh were right, obviously the US would just admit it.
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

you can pray all you want, but it's going to continue on in real-time. A fully mobilized Russia invaded a neutral country in order to prevent growing Nato/EU influence. A steadily rearming China is rattling all kinds of sabers on Taiwan, whom we are sworn to defend. Iran is attacking our primary ally in the middle east directly, and the EU trade routes indirectly via proxies. Neutral countries are running to join Nato (out of fears of Russian intentions). Japan and India are upping their threat assessments on China, making strategic upgrades to their military preparedness.

We have an axis clearly formed up against us: China, Russia, Iran, North Korea. They are working steadily to destabilize the existing world order for the purpose of reducing US/EU/Nato power. ALL of the current conflict, 100% of it, was started by them. The conflict so far is restricted to our proxies, but if it does not stop there, it comes to us directly. Wise heads seek to defeat it, or at least abate it, where it is now rather than let it grow stronger over time.

One has to work with great diligence not to see it.
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

Are you saying WWWIII doesn't start until we are involved directly?
Mothra
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

As much as you may want another WW and would love an excuse for committing our boys to a conflict with a nuclear armed power, we most definitively aren't in one. Hell, we had worse in the 70's, between Vietnam, Iran, Russia and Afghanistan (among others). This is no different from the past.

You'll know we are in another WW when the intercontinental ballistic missiles start flying.
Realitybites
"
Quote:

INDEPENDENCE, MO., Dec. 21I think it has become necessary to take another look at the purpose and operations of our Central Intelligence AgencyCIA. At least, I would like to submit here the original reason why I thought it necessary to organize this Agency during my Administration, what I expected it to do and how it was to operate as an arm of the President.

I think it is fairly obvious that by and large a President's performance in office is as effective as the information he has and the information he gets. That is to say, that assuming the President himself possesses a knowledge of our history, a sensitive understanding of our institutions, and an insight into the needs and aspirations of the people, he needs to have available to him the most accurate and up-to-the-minute information on what is going on everywhere in the world, and particularly of the trends and developments in all the danger spots in the contest between East and West. This is an immense task and requires a special kind of an intelligence facility.

Of course, every President has available to him all the information gathered by the many intelligence agencies already in existence. The Departments of State, Defense, Commerce, Interior and others are constantly engaged in extensive information gathering and have done excellent work.

But their collective information reached the President all too frequently in conflicting conclusions. At times, the intelligence reports tended to be slanted to conform to established positions of a given department. This becomes confusing and what's worse, such intelligence is of little use to a President in reaching the right decisions.

Therefore, I decided to set up a special organization charged with the collection of all intelligence reports from every available source, and to have those reports reach me as President without department "treatment" or interpretations.
…
For some time I have been disturbed by the way CIA has been diverted from its original assignment. It has become an operational and at times a policy-making arm of the Government. This has led to trouble and may have compounded our difficulties in several explosive areas. I never had any thought that when I set up the CIA that it would be injected into peacetime cloak and dagger operations. Some of the complications and embarrassment I think we have experienced are in part attributable to the fact that this quiet intelligence arm of the President has been so removed from its intended role that it is being interpreted as a symbol of sinister and mysterious foreign intrigueand a subject for cold war enemy propaganda.

With all the nonsense put out by Communist propaganda about "Yankee imperialism," "exploitive capitalism," "war-mongering," "monopolists," in their name-calling assault on the West, the last thing we needed was for the CIA to be seized upon as something akin to a subverting influence in the affairs of other people.

…there are now some searching questions that need to be answered. I, therefore, would like to see the CIA be restored to its original assignment as the intelligence arm of the President, and that whatever else it can properly perform in that special fieldand that its operational duties be terminated or properly used elsewhere.

We have grown up as a nation, respected for our free institutions and for our ability to maintain a free and open society. There is something about the way the CIA has been functioning that is casting a shadow over our historic position and I feel that we need to correct it."

President Harry Truman, writing an opinion piece one month after the assassination of JFK. The abuses of our deep state that Frank Church investigated have only grown more egregious since the investigation of the Church Committee and the passage of the "Patriot" act. Unfortunately, now Democrats have paired with Neocons in support of the Deep State and American citizens get the short end of the stick.
Realitybites
Quote:

Section 8: Powers of Congress
"To Declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;"

Have Brandon go to Congress and ask for a formal declaration of war against China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea. Have him tell them that these countries have conspired to oppose our efforts to trans all the world's kids and engage in perpetual overspending in DC. Have them institute a draft to fight this war.

I'm sure that you'll get millions to volunteer and the uniparty blob will win the next election 99%-1%.
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

you can pray all you want, but it's going to continue on in real-time. A fully mobilized Russia invaded a neutral country in order to prevent growing Nato/EU influence. A steadily rearming China is rattling all kinds of sabers on Taiwan, whom we are sworn to defend. Iran is attacking our primary ally in the middle east directly, and the EU trade routes indirectly via proxies. Neutral countries are running to join Nato (out of fears of Russian intentions). Japan and India are upping their threat assessments on China, making strategic upgrades to their military preparedness.

We have an axis clearly formed up against us: China, Russia, Iran, North Korea. They are working steadily to destabilize the existing world order for the purpose of reducing US/EU/Nato power. ALL of the current conflict, 100% of it, was started by them. The conflict so far is restricted to our proxies, but if it does not stop there, it comes to us directly. Wise heads seek to defeat it, or at least abate it, where it is now rather than let it grow stronger over time.

One has to work with great diligence not to see it.
"WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH"
FLBear5630
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

As much as you may want another WW and would love an excuse for committing our boys to a conflict with a nuclear armed power, we most definitively aren't in one. Hell, we had worse in the 70's, between Vietnam, Iran, Russia and Afghanistan (among others). This is no different from the past.

You'll know we are in another WW when the ballistic missiles start flying.
Missiles are flying. Does it have to be nuclear to be a WW?

This next election will be very important for 2 reasons, border and the world situation. After all the debate and as much as I dislike him, I am voting Trump because he is enough of a wild card that neither Putin, Xi or Iran called him... Biden we are seeing is not that type of leader, I agree with some of his domestic stuff on education, but no matter how strong he tries to be, it is not recieved that way in Moscow, Beijing, Tehran, and Damascus.

Mothra
FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

This next election will be very important for 2 reasons, border and the world situation. After all the debate and as much as I dislike him, I am voting Trump because he is enough of a wild card that neither Putin, Xi or Iran called him... Biden we are seeing is not that type of leader, I agree with some of his domestic stuff on education, but no matter how strong he tries to be, it is not recieved that way in Moscow, Beijing, Tehran, and Damascus.
Intercontinental ballistic missiles.

Does it have to be? No. But it will be. There will be no debating it, as here.

I take it your cool putting our boys' lives on the line in Ukraine?
Redbrickbear
Realitybites said:

Quote:

Section 8: Powers of Congress
"To Declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;"

Have Brandon go to Congress and ask for a formal declaration of war against China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea. Have him tell them that these countries have conspired to oppose our efforts to trans all the world's kids and engage in perpetual overspending in DC.

Your post is 100% accurate in terms of what the Constitution says.

But since Vietnam we have not followed the clear language of the Document
Realitybites
Redbrickbear said:

But since Vietnam we have not followed the clear language of the Document

True. But if you rid America of the Declaration of Independence, the Federalist Papers, the Constitution, and the orthodox (little o) Christian church, nothing enduring remains.

Taylor Swift, the rainbow flag, Disney, the NFL, and federal reserve notes aren't worth dying for.
FLBear5630
Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

I take it your cool putting our boys' lives on the line in Ukraine?
Damn, we committed troops?? You go to a meeting, come out and we have committed troops to Ukraine. Go figure.
Sam Lowry
FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

I take it you're cool putting our boys' lives on the line in Ukraine?
Damn, we committed troops?? You go to a meeting, come out and we have committed troops to Ukraine. Go figure.
The politicians are testing the waters with the public. Russia gave a stern warning yesterday, with an implicit nuclear threat. The West seems to have backed down for now. Of course American media have completely failed to report any of this.
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.