Why Are We in Ukraine?

163,634 Views | 3652 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Redbrickbear
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

NATO starts deploying troops as Russia races to win
By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

NATO is starting to deploy combat troops to Ukraine. Soldiers from Poland, France, the UK, Finland and other NATO members are arriving in larger numbers.

Although Russia says there are over 3,100 mercenaries in Ukraine, these newly arriving troops are not mercenaries. They are in uniform, home country proclaimed via insignia. They mostly are concentrated in the western part of the country, although in some cases they are close to the actual fighting in the east.

NATO's plan to try and ward off disaster seems to be to fill in gaps in Ukraine's forces by importing "advisers," waiting for the US to commit its army to the battle after the election in November. The Russians know this and are in a race to try and collapse Ukraine's army before Biden returns to office, if in fact he does. If the Russians are successful, a bigger war in Europe will be avoided. If not, with the introduction of US forces, Europe will be plunged into World War III.

https://asiatimes.com/2024/04/nato-starts-deploying-troops-as-russia-races-to-win/
other reporting indicates Nato troops are filling in logistics and support positions to speed up operations and free up Ukrainian troops for frontline duty.

as alluded to in your link, Nato cannot allow Ukraine to collapse, and will not.
Ukraine falling is not worth WWIII. No thanks.
Uh, WWIII has already started, buddy.
Come again? You serious, Clark?
Are you saying WWWIII doesn't start until we are involved directly?
As much as you may want another WW and would love an excuse for committing our boys to a conflict with a nuclear armed power, we most definitively aren't in one. Hell, we had worse in the 70's, between Vietnam, Iran, Russia and Afghanistan (among others). This is no different from the past.

You'll know we are in another WW when the ballistic missiles start flying.
Missiles are flying. Does it have to be nuclear to be a WW?

This next election will be very important for 2 reasons, border and the world situation. After all the debate and as much as I dislike him, I am voting Trump because he is enough of a wild card that neither Putin, Xi or Iran called him... Biden we are seeing is not that type of leader, I agree with some of his domestic stuff on education, but no matter how strong he tries to be, it is not recieved that way in Moscow, Beijing, Tehran, and Damascus.
Intercontinental ballistic missiles.

Does it have to be? No. But it will be. There will be no debating it, as here.

I take it you're cool putting our boys' lives on the line in Ukraine?
Damn, we committed troops?? You go to a meeting, come out and we have committed troops to Ukraine. Go figure.
The politicians are testing the waters with the public. Russia gave a stern warning yesterday, with an implicit nuclear threat. The West seems to have backed down for now. Of course American media have completely failed to report any of this.
Of course American media have completely failed to report any of this."

Yeah, the media have been such war mongers in the past and regularly give the White House passes on committing to war.
Sam Lowry
FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

NATO is starting to deploy combat troops to Ukraine. Soldiers from Poland, France, the UK, Finland and other NATO members are arriving in larger numbers.

Although Russia says there are over 3,100 mercenaries in Ukraine, these newly arriving troops are not mercenaries. They are in uniform, home country proclaimed via insignia. They mostly are concentrated in the western part of the country, although in some cases they are close to the actual fighting in the east.

NATO's plan to try and ward off disaster seems to be to fill in gaps in Ukraine's forces by importing "advisers," waiting for the US to commit its army to the battle after the election in November. The Russians know this and are in a race to try and collapse Ukraine's army before Biden returns to office, if in fact he does. If the Russians are successful, a bigger war in Europe will be avoided. If not, with the introduction of US forces, Europe will be plunged into World War III.

https://asiatimes.com/2024/04/nato-starts-deploying-troops-as-russia-races-to-win/
other reporting indicates Nato troops are filling in logistics and support positions to speed up operations and free up Ukrainian troops for frontline duty.

as alluded to in your link, Nato cannot allow Ukraine to collapse, and will not.
As much as you may want another WW and would love an excuse for committing our boys to a conflict with a nuclear armed power, we most definitively aren't in one. Hell, we had worse in the 70's, between Vietnam, Iran, Russia and Afghanistan (among others). This is no different from the past.

This next election will be very important for 2 reasons, border and the world situation. After all the debate and as much as I dislike him, I am voting Trump because he is enough of a wild card that neither Putin, Xi or Iran called him... Biden we are seeing is not that type of leader, I agree with some of his domestic stuff on education, but no matter how strong he tries to be, it is not recieved that way in Moscow, Beijing, Tehran, and Damascus.

Damn, we committed troops?? You go to a meeting, come out and we have committed troops to Ukraine. Go figure.
The politicians are testing the waters with the public. Russia gave a stern warning yesterday, with an implicit nuclear threat. The West seems to have backed down for now. Of course American media have completely failed to report any of this.

Yeah, the media have been such war mongers in the past and regularly give the White House passes on committing to war.

They are not informing the public, to say the least.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

So, we have committed troops to Ukraine? I am not talking inspectors, advisors or any other handful here are there types. Troops are combat forces and the support that goes with them. Troops are Battalion, Brigade, Regiment, Division level? Don't play word games, you guys know what troops means.
Sam Lowry
FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

So, we have committed troops to Ukraine? I am not talking inspectors, advisors or any other handful here are there types. Troops are combat forces and the support that goes with them. Troops are Battalion, Brigade, Regiment, Division level? Don't play word games, you guys know what troops means.
Sure I do. Do you know what testing the waters means? They are thinking about it and trying to gauge the reaction.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

Sure I do. Do you know what testing the waters means? They are thinking about it and trying to gauge the reaction.
In other words, no. There are not US troops in Ukraine, nor committed.

Think about it, we are 8 months from an election. Biden is going to order troops into Ukraine? No way.

If other NATO troops go, that is on them. This is not a Chapter 5 issue.
Sam Lowry
FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

Think about it, we are 8 months from an election. Biden is going to order troops into Ukraine? No way.

No one said otherwise. So back to the original question: would you support committing American troops?
Mothra
FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

I take it your cool putting our boys' lives on the line in Ukraine?
Who said we committed troops? I asked if you were ok with it. Need to read better.
Mothra
FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

You seem to have a bad habit of not reading or understanding other people's posts. I am not sure if it's learning difficulties, dyslexia, or what.

To be clear - nobody on this thread has said we committed troops to Ukraine.

Yet...
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

No one said otherwise. So back to the original question: would you support committing American troops?

No. I am good letting Ukraine fight with our weapons.

I don't want to commit troops because of the Russia/China alliance. If US troops get involved anywhere it should be western hemisphere (canal zone), Straits of Homuz, and/or Taiwan. Those are in our interest to troop commitment level. Ukraine and Israel weapons support.

By the way, thanks for asking a direct question. Not playing the f-ing Lawyer games.
sombear
FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

I don't want to commit troops because of the Russia/China alliance. If US troops get involved anywhere it should be western hemisphere (canal zone), Straits of Homuz, and/or Taiwan. Those are in our interest to troop commitment level. Ukraine and Israel weapons support.
It's really strange that multiple posters have argued that because we support funding a democratic, strongly Christian ally in its defense against an enemy invader, then we should leave our families, travel across the world, and join the front lines.

I always ask in response . . . for what cause are you risking your life and fortune? Then crickets.
FLBear5630
Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

You seem to have a bad habit of not reading or understanding other people's posts. I am not sure if it's learning difficulties, dyslexia, or what.

To be clear - nobody on this thread has said we committed troops to Ukraine.

Yet...

Quit playing the word games.

"I take it your cool putting our boys' lives on the line in Ukraine?"

Your quote. What is tre implications? You said WW3 has started. You have been coyly dropping these comments for months. Then playing message board lawyer, "I never actually said it..."

There are no US troops committed, no one has said they would be, yet you keep going drama queen on nuclear missiles, sending our boys, and "yet". You are implying it over and over. There is no doubt what you are implying.

But keep playing lawyer word games. What is the definition of"is"?
Sam Lowry
sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

It's really strange that multiple posters have argued that because we support funding a democratic, strongly Christian ally in its defense against an enemy invader, then we should leave our families, travel across the world, and join the front lines.

That is strangeā€¦I thought we were talking about Ukraine.
Redbrickbear
sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

I always ask in response . . . for what cause are you risking your life and fortune? Then crickets.

1. It not a democracy...its got the same corruption and oligarchy problems as Russia and right now its not even holding elections.

It also banned the largest opposition party.

2. The Christian part is not really relevant...most countries in the region are Christian (at least on paper and by history)

Ukraine also has the same problem that most countries do in the region...its very culturally Christian but most people don't go to Church.

Plus this is not a Christian country being attack by Arab Muslim invaders.

Its a geo-strategic conflict (with DC deep in the mix) between two Slavic nations with a history of Orthodoxy Christianity with low levels of Church attendance

https://www.kiis.com.ua/?lang=eng&cat=reports&id=1129&page=1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Europe

ps

You can be sure DC is not waging this war to help out Christians....they never carried about Christians in the Middle East.
First Page Refresh
Page 105 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.