Why Are We in Ukraine?

175,291 Views | 3985 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by sombear
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

NATO starts deploying troops as Russia races to win
By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

NATO is starting to deploy combat troops to Ukraine. Soldiers from Poland, France, the UK, Finland and other NATO members are arriving in larger numbers.

Although Russia says there are over 3,100 mercenaries in Ukraine, these newly arriving troops are not mercenaries. They are in uniform, home country proclaimed via insignia. They mostly are concentrated in the western part of the country, although in some cases they are close to the actual fighting in the east.

NATO's plan to try and ward off disaster seems to be to fill in gaps in Ukraine's forces by importing "advisers," waiting for the US to commit its army to the battle after the election in November. The Russians know this and are in a race to try and collapse Ukraine's army before Biden returns to office, if in fact he does. If the Russians are successful, a bigger war in Europe will be avoided. If not, with the introduction of US forces, Europe will be plunged into World War III.

https://asiatimes.com/2024/04/nato-starts-deploying-troops-as-russia-races-to-win/
other reporting indicates Nato troops are filling in logistics and support positions to speed up operations and free up Ukrainian troops for frontline duty.

as alluded to in your link, Nato cannot allow Ukraine to collapse, and will not.
Ukraine falling is not worth WWIII. No thanks.
Uh, WWIII has already started, buddy.
Come again? You serious, Clark?
Are you saying WWWIII doesn't start until we are involved directly?
As much as you may want another WW and would love an excuse for committing our boys to a conflict with a nuclear armed power, we most definitively aren't in one. Hell, we had worse in the 70's, between Vietnam, Iran, Russia and Afghanistan (among others). This is no different from the past.

You'll know we are in another WW when the ballistic missiles start flying.
Missiles are flying. Does it have to be nuclear to be a WW?

This next election will be very important for 2 reasons, border and the world situation. After all the debate and as much as I dislike him, I am voting Trump because he is enough of a wild card that neither Putin, Xi or Iran called him... Biden we are seeing is not that type of leader, I agree with some of his domestic stuff on education, but no matter how strong he tries to be, it is not recieved that way in Moscow, Beijing, Tehran, and Damascus.
Intercontinental ballistic missiles.

Does it have to be? No. But it will be. There will be no debating it, as here.

I take it you're cool putting our boys' lives on the line in Ukraine?
Damn, we committed troops?? You go to a meeting, come out and we have committed troops to Ukraine. Go figure.
The politicians are testing the waters with the public. Russia gave a stern warning yesterday, with an implicit nuclear threat. The West seems to have backed down for now. Of course American media have completely failed to report any of this.
Of course American media have completely failed to report any of this."

Yeah, the media have been such war mongers in the past and regularly give the White House passes on committing to war.
Sam Lowry
FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

NATO is starting to deploy combat troops to Ukraine. Soldiers from Poland, France, the UK, Finland and other NATO members are arriving in larger numbers.

Although Russia says there are over 3,100 mercenaries in Ukraine, these newly arriving troops are not mercenaries. They are in uniform, home country proclaimed via insignia. They mostly are concentrated in the western part of the country, although in some cases they are close to the actual fighting in the east.

NATO's plan to try and ward off disaster seems to be to fill in gaps in Ukraine's forces by importing "advisers," waiting for the US to commit its army to the battle after the election in November. The Russians know this and are in a race to try and collapse Ukraine's army before Biden returns to office, if in fact he does. If the Russians are successful, a bigger war in Europe will be avoided. If not, with the introduction of US forces, Europe will be plunged into World War III.

https://asiatimes.com/2024/04/nato-starts-deploying-troops-as-russia-races-to-win/
other reporting indicates Nato troops are filling in logistics and support positions to speed up operations and free up Ukrainian troops for frontline duty.

as alluded to in your link, Nato cannot allow Ukraine to collapse, and will not.
As much as you may want another WW and would love an excuse for committing our boys to a conflict with a nuclear armed power, we most definitively aren't in one. Hell, we had worse in the 70's, between Vietnam, Iran, Russia and Afghanistan (among others). This is no different from the past.

This next election will be very important for 2 reasons, border and the world situation. After all the debate and as much as I dislike him, I am voting Trump because he is enough of a wild card that neither Putin, Xi or Iran called him... Biden we are seeing is not that type of leader, I agree with some of his domestic stuff on education, but no matter how strong he tries to be, it is not recieved that way in Moscow, Beijing, Tehran, and Damascus.

Damn, we committed troops?? You go to a meeting, come out and we have committed troops to Ukraine. Go figure.
The politicians are testing the waters with the public. Russia gave a stern warning yesterday, with an implicit nuclear threat. The West seems to have backed down for now. Of course American media have completely failed to report any of this.

Yeah, the media have been such war mongers in the past and regularly give the White House passes on committing to war.

They are not informing the public, to say the least.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

So, we have committed troops to Ukraine? I am not talking inspectors, advisors or any other handful here are there types. Troops are combat forces and the support that goes with them. Troops are Battalion, Brigade, Regiment, Division level? Don't play word games, you guys know what troops means.
Sam Lowry
FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

So, we have committed troops to Ukraine? I am not talking inspectors, advisors or any other handful here are there types. Troops are combat forces and the support that goes with them. Troops are Battalion, Brigade, Regiment, Division level? Don't play word games, you guys know what troops means.
Sure I do. Do you know what testing the waters means? They are thinking about it and trying to gauge the reaction.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

Sure I do. Do you know what testing the waters means? They are thinking about it and trying to gauge the reaction.
In other words, no. There are not US troops in Ukraine, nor committed.

Think about it, we are 8 months from an election. Biden is going to order troops into Ukraine? No way.

If other NATO troops go, that is on them. This is not a Chapter 5 issue.
Sam Lowry
FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

Think about it, we are 8 months from an election. Biden is going to order troops into Ukraine? No way.

No one said otherwise. So back to the original question: would you support committing American troops?
Mothra
FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

I take it your cool putting our boys' lives on the line in Ukraine?
Who said we committed troops? I asked if you were ok with it. Need to read better.
Mothra
FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

You seem to have a bad habit of not reading or understanding other people's posts. I am not sure if it's learning difficulties, dyslexia, or what.

To be clear - nobody on this thread has said we committed troops to Ukraine.

Yet...
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

No one said otherwise. So back to the original question: would you support committing American troops?

No. I am good letting Ukraine fight with our weapons.

I don't want to commit troops because of the Russia/China alliance. If US troops get involved anywhere it should be western hemisphere (canal zone), Straits of Homuz, and/or Taiwan. Those are in our interest to troop commitment level. Ukraine and Israel weapons support.

By the way, thanks for asking a direct question. Not playing the f-ing Lawyer games.
sombear
FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

I don't want to commit troops because of the Russia/China alliance. If US troops get involved anywhere it should be western hemisphere (canal zone), Straits of Homuz, and/or Taiwan. Those are in our interest to troop commitment level. Ukraine and Israel weapons support.
It's really strange that multiple posters have argued that because we support funding a democratic, strongly Christian ally in its defense against an enemy invader, then we should leave our families, travel across the world, and join the front lines.

I always ask in response . . . for what cause are you risking your life and fortune? Then crickets.
FLBear5630
Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

You seem to have a bad habit of not reading or understanding other people's posts. I am not sure if it's learning difficulties, dyslexia, or what.

Yet...

Quit playing the word games.

"I take it your cool putting our boys' lives on the line in Ukraine?"

Your quote. What is tre implications? You said WW3 has started. You have been coyly dropping these comments for months. Then playing message board lawyer, "I never actually said it..."

There are no US troops committed, no one has said they would be, yet you keep going drama queen on nuclear missiles, sending our boys, and "yet". You are implying it over and over. There is no doubt what you are implying.

But keep playing lawyer word games. What is the definition of"is"?
Sam Lowry
sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

It's really strange that multiple posters have argued that because we support funding a democratic, strongly Christian ally in its defense against an enemy invader, then we should leave our families, travel across the world, and join the front lines.

That is strange…I thought we were talking about Ukraine.
Redbrickbear
sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

I always ask in response . . . for what cause are you risking your life and fortune? Then crickets.

1. It not a democracy...its got the same corruption and oligarchy problems as Russia and right now its not even holding elections.

It also banned the largest opposition party.

2. The Christian part is not really relevant...most countries in the region are Christian (at least on paper and by history)

Ukraine also has the same problem that most countries do in the region...its very culturally Christian but most people don't go to Church.

Plus this is not a Christian country being attack by Arab Muslim invaders.

Its a geo-strategic conflict (with DC deep in the mix) between two Slavic nations with a history of Orthodox Christianity with low levels of Church attendance

https://www.kiis.com.ua/?lang=eng&cat=reports&id=1129&page=1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Europe

ps

You can be sure DC is not waging this war to help out Christians....they never carried about Christians in the Middle East.
Doc Holliday
Was going to say...Ukraine isn't democratic, not strongly christian and is extremely corrupt.
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

1. It not a democracy...its got the same corruption and oligarchy problems as Russia and right now its not even holding elections.

2. The Christian part is not really relevant...most countries in the region are Christian (at least on paper and by history)

Ukraine also has the same problem that most countries do in the region...its very culturally Christian but most people don't go to Church.

Its a geo-strategic conflict (with DC deep in the mix) between two Slavic nations with a history of Orthodox Christianity with low levels of Church attendance

ps

You can be sure DC is not waging this war to help out Christians....they never carried about Christians in the Middle East.

I speak for myself, not DC, and Ukraine is in fact strongly Christian even based on church attendance.

And the comparison is Russia.

We've had this exchange countless times. I could not care less that Ukraine secured martial law after being invaded. It would have been idiotic not to. Even Russian polls show the over 80% of Ukrainians agree with me.

Democracies can still be corrupt - virtually all are. Ukraine has done more to combat it (based on arrests and purges) than any Eastern Euro by far.

Redbrickbear
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

ps

I speak for myself, not DC, and Ukraine is in fact strongly Christian even based on church attendance.

Democracies can still be corrupt - virtually all are.

1. The religious angle is just strange.

It has no bearing on the conflict.

Greece, Romania, Russia, Belarus, Serbia are all majority Orthodox Christian nations as well (at least on paper)

This is not like in East Timor where the Muslim Indonesians were persecuting the East Timorese for being Christians.

2. And of course Russia claims to be a democracy as well…it certainly has multiparty elections.

But no one buys that because of the corruption. Well untrained under Zelensky's rule is little different in form.
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

ps

Greece, Romania, Russia, Belarus, Serbia are all majority Orthodox Christian nations as well (at least on paper)

This is not like in East Timor where the Muslim Indonesians were persecuting the East Timorese for being Christians.

2. And of course Russia claims to be a democracy as well…it certainly has multiparty elections.

But no one buys that because of the corruption. Well untrained under Zelensky's rule is little different in form.

It s simple. I'm a Christian first and foremost. We have a country hostile to Christianity that aligns with the most anti-Christian regimes in the worlld and is run by a tyrant invading one of the most Christian countries and cultures in the world that wants to align with the free world. You say it is strange. I say it is one of the easiest positions I've ever taken.
Redbrickbear
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

ps

It s simple. I'm a Christian first and foremost. We have a country hostile to Christianity that aligns with the most anti-Christian regimes in the worlld and is run by a tyrant invading one of the most Christian countries and cultures in the world that wants to align with the free world..

Russia is not an anti-Christian state.

Your tract reads like a conspiracy theory .

This is a war over land and geo-strategic concerns.

Not religion
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

ps

It s simple. I'm a Christian first and foremost. We have a country hostile to Christianity that aligns with the most anti-Christian regimes in the worlld and is run by a tyrant invading one of the most Christian countries and cultures in the world that wants to align with the free world..

Not religion

You keep creating straw men. I'm never said it was the reason or even a reason for the invasion. It's a significant factor to me and my views on it. And, yes, it is an anti-Christian state. It's why most Christians other than Russian Orthodox cannot freely worship. And moriver its Orth in tradition only. The vast majority of Russians do not consider religion as having any impact in their lives and not important to them. And it's why Russia's best friends are Iran, North Korea, China, and Cuba. Sorry, it's true .
FLBear5630
sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

My life? That is what gets me. The military is an instrument of policy. People that join the military are agreeing to be that instrument. If the policy is to assist a Nation resist an invader on the doorstep of NATO, then if you are in the military you may be that instrument. In Ukraine's case, we are doing it with weapons sales and support.

So, I do not get those that keep saying that you have to quit your job and go to Ukraine if you support the current policy. This isn't the Lincoln Brigade or the Aggressor Squadrons. We are talking US policy and the military is part of that policy. I don't think that you even have to have served to have a valid opinion. You don't want to be forced to go somewhere you disagree with serving, don't join the military. It is a 100% volunteer service. Nobody is forcing anyone. You don't want to be a grunt, don't enlist infantry. There are very few on this Board that are still in the enlistment age!

So, I ask back what does a cause you are risking your life have to do with Ukrainian Policy? Vote your conscience, if Ukraine support is the top reason, vote against Biden. But, it is not a matter of forfeiting your life and fortune.
Redbrickbear
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

ps

Not religion

You keep creating straw men. I'm never said it was the reason or even a reason for the invasion. It's a significant factor to me and my views on it. And, yes, it is an anti-Christian state. It's why most Christians other than Russian Orthodox cannot freely worship. .

I think you grasping at things to use against the Russian state (and there are plenty of other legitimate issues)

"Anti-Christian" is not a good one

Most Christian nations in history have restricted the worship of other Christian sects they did not like.

Catholic France , Lutheran Sweden, Anglican England, etc

Our own Puritan Massachusetts was constantly kicking people out or executing them for preaching non-approved forms of Christianity.

Plus the modern Russian State is officially secular even if it has a close association with the Orthodox Church.

(If you really cared about Christians being persecuted you would start with some of the countries supported by DC)
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

You'll know we are in another WW when the intercontinental ballistic missiles start flying.

Exceedingly poor understanding of the subject material. I recommend Nixon's "Real War" and "Real Peace" (two separate books) to get started.

WWiI and WWII both started well before we entered it.
The difference now is that we are the target of it, not an interested bystander.
Mothra
FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

Yet...

Your quote. What is tre implications? You said WW3 has started. You have been coyly dropping these comments for months. Then playing message board lawyer, "I never actually said it..."

There are no US troops committed, no one has said they would be, yet you keep going drama queen on nuclear missiles, sending our boys, and "yet". You are implying it over and over. There is no doubt what you are implying.

*** are you talking about? It was whiterock that said WW3 started. I've been arguing against it. Are you even reading my posts before you respond?

You clearly have me confused with someone else. I asked a simple question. Either answer it or don't.
Mothra
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

You'll know we are in another WW when the intercontinental ballistic missiles start flying.

Exceedingly poor understanding of the subject material. I recommend Nixon's "Real War" and "Real Peace" (two separate books) to get started.

WWiI and WWII both started well before we entered it.
The difference now is that we are the target of it, not an interested bystander.

Always suspected you were a neocon warmonger. Thanks for confirming.
whiterock
Realitybites said:

Quote:

Section 8: Powers of Congress
"To Declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;"

Have Brandon go to Congress and ask for a formal declaration of war against China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea. Have him tell them that these countries have conspired to oppose our efforts to trans all the world's kids and engage in perpetual overspending in DC. Have them institute a draft to fight this war.

I'm sure that you'll get millions to volunteer and the uniparty blob will win the next election 99%-1%.

Russia, China, Iran are at war with our interests whether we declare war on them or not. Just like AQ was at war with us for a decade before we decided to engage with them.

Sophomoricslly obtuse reasoning going on here
whiterock
Doc Holliday said:

Was going to say...Ukraine isn't democratic, not strongly christian and is extremely corrupt.

But to their credit the are killing the helll out of Russians, and we should make sure they have plenty of ammo to keep it up.
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

Realitybites said:

Quote:

Section 8: Powers of Congress
"To Declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;"

Have Brandon go to Congress and ask for a formal declaration of war against China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea. Have him tell them that these countries have conspired to oppose our efforts to trans all the world's kids and engage in perpetual overspending in DC. Have them institute a draft to fight this war.

I'm sure that you'll get millions to volunteer and the uniparty blob will win the next election 99%-1%.

Russia, China, Iran are at war with our interests whether we declare war on them or not. Just like AQ was at war with us for a decade before we decided to engage with them.

Sophomoricslly obtuse reasoning going on here

These Sovereign states (large states) are like Al Qaeda?

This is an out of this world statement

Not to mention that AQ did declare official war on the USA and listed their reasons for doing so.

If DC refused to respond that is on them but it was not hidden.

[On August 23, 1996, Usama bin Laden signed and issued a Declaration of jihad (holy war) from Afghanistan entitled, "Message from Usama bin Laden to his Muslim Brothers in the Whole World and Especially in the Arabian Peninsula: Declaration of Jihad Against the Americans]

Russia and China have NOT declared war on America.

Nor is there any evidence they want to do so.

China for once needs the USA as a market for its Labor and trade goods

Russia is poor like Mexico it can't even beat a small neighbor in a war
whiterock
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

ps

We've had this exchange countless times. I could not care less that Ukraine secured martial law after being invaded. It would have been idiotic not to. Even Russian polls show the over 80% of Ukrainians agree with me.

Democracies can still be corrupt - virtually all are. Ukraine has done more to combat it (based on arrests and purges) than any Eastern Euro by far.

JFC boys, in WWII we loaded up Joe Stalin with gigatons of lethal stuff to kill Germans. Since when did the recipients of our aid have to be choirboys?
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

ps

JFC boys, in WWII we loaded up Joe Stalin with gigatons of lethal stuff to kill Germans. Since when did the recipients of our aid have to be choirboys?

The fact that we teamed up with a mass murdering atheist regime that invaded Poland. To fight a mass murdering atheist regime that invaded Poland does tend to strike a sour note when we look back at that war…
whiterock
For Sam:
Sam Lowry
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

ps

2. And of course Russia claims to be a democracy as well%85it certainly has multiparty elections.

Not religion

You keep creating straw men. I'm never said it was the reason or even a reason for the invasion. It's a significant factor to me and my views on it. And, yes, it is an anti-Christian state. It's why most Christians other than Russian Orthodox cannot freely worship. .

I think you grasping at things to use against the Russian state (and there are plenty of other legitimate issues)

"Anti-Christian" is not a good one

Most Christian nations in history have restricted the worship of other Christian sects they did not like.

Catholic France , Lutheran Sweden, Anglican England, etc

Our own Puritan Massachusetts was constantly kicking people out or executing them for preaching non-approved forms of Christianity.

Plus the modern Russian State is officially secular even if it has a close association with the Orthodox Church.

(If you really cared about Christians being persecuted you would start with some of the countries supported by DC)
Exactly. The idea that Russia is "anti-Christian" because they don't support someone's preferred sect is just ahistorical nonsense.
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

ps

Those were the days…when Russians were fighting Nazis and we actually sided against the Nazis. Funny how the times have changed.
Sam Lowry
Good luck with that. ISW has a great record so far.
FLBear5630
Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

By Stephen Bryen
April 26, 2024

Yet...

*** are you talking about? It was whiterock that said WW3 started. I've been arguing against it. Are you even reading my posts before you respond?

You clearly have me confused with someone else. I asked a simple question. Either answer it or don't.

I did answer it.

Ukraine, no troops. Sell the hell out of the weapons to let Ukraine defend themselves. If France or Germany want to send troops, have at it. But like they did in Iraq, we do not have to send troops.

Where would I use troops (Navy & AF)
Straits of Homuz
Western Hemisphere
Taiwan/Straits of Taiwan
Singapore/Japan/Korea
NATO invaded

Advisors? Whoever ask for our help.

Pretty direct answer.
Realitybites
Sam Lowry said:

Those were the days…when Russians were fighting Nazis and we actually sided against the Nazis. Funny how the times have changed.

We have become the Fourth Reich.

This is a really good article:

The Machinery Of Fascism Revisited
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/machinery-fascism-revisited

"Fascism became a swear word in the US and UK during the Second World War. It has been ever since, to the point that the content of the term has been drained away completely. It is not a system of political economy but an insult.

If we go back a decade before the war, you find a completely different situation. Read any writings from polite society from 1932 to 1940 or so, and you find a consensus that freedom and democracy, along with Enlightenment-style liberalism of the 18th century, were completely doomed. They should be replaced by some version of what was called the planned society, of which fascism was one option.

A book by that name appeared in 1937 as published by the prestigious Prentice-Hall, and it included contributions by top academics and high-profile influencers. It was highly praised by all respectable outlets at the time.

Everyone in the book was explaining how the future would be constructed by the finest minds who would manage whole economies and societies, the best and the brightest with full power. All housing should be provided by government, for example, and food too, but with the cooperation of private corporations. That seems to be the consensus in the book. Fascism was treated as a legitimate path. Even the word totalitarianism was invoked without opprobrium but rather with respect.

The book has been memory-holed of course.

You will notice that the section on economics includes contributions by Benito Mussolini and Joseph Stalin. Yes, their ideas and political rule were part of the prevailing conversation. It is in this essay, likely ghostwritten by Professor Giovanni Gentile, Minister of Public Education, in which Mussolini offered this concise statement: "Fascism is more appropriately called corporatism, for it is the perfect merge of State and corporate power."

Of course, in the Fourth Reich we call it the public-private partnership.
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.