Trump VP candidates

4,420 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
whiterock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I think a Tim Scott or Ron DeSantis pick for VP for Trump would assure a sizeable GOP victory.

I am fully expecting him to pick a potted plant or a wackadoodle. He loves the drama.

DeSantis is not going to be VP. That would be a disaster for both, RDS sees self as #1 not #2.

I would love RDS as it woujd give him the inside track for nomination in 2024. But RDS does not grow the coalition.

Look for RDS as Arty General. He'd be absolutely that. Artillery.
Whiskey Pete
Forest Bueller_bf said:

BigGameBaylorBear said:

I would get a minority. Tim Scott or Marco Rubio?
Tulsi is a minority and a woman, double the intersectionality points.
Now if she will come out as bisexual he would be hitting the intersectionally
oppressed jackpot for a running mate.

Also a veteran, so she would score points with the badass crowd.

Also, super hot, that can't hurt.
You need to go get laid. You may need to hit your cousin up again.
Whiskey Pete
whiterock said:

Bestweekeverr said:

boognish_bear said:

Appointing the guy who's only policy is to cut government spending at random to the Department of Homeland Security is a terrible idea.

It would give Trump a HSD he can trust, and Vivek a portfolio that he needs experience with.

Not arguing it's necessarily highest & best use. Just noting it does have merits
Not that Vivek would be interested in the gig, but he most likely make one hell of a press secretary
J.R.
Whiskey Pete said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BigGameBaylorBear said:

get laid? Really?. Hit up your cousin ? Really ? how old are you? Dead giveaway !
Bestweekeverr
whiterock said:

Bestweekeverr said:

boognish_bear said:

Appointing the guy who's only policy is to cut government spending at random to the Department of Homeland Security is a terrible idea.

It would give Trump a HSD he can trust, and Vivek a portfolio that he needs experience with.

Not arguing it's necessarily highest & best use. Just noting it does have merits
He doesn't have anyone he can trust with actual relevant experience? Cabinet positions shouldn't be handed out to pad people's resumes
Whiskey Pete
J.R. said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BigGameBaylorBear said:

get laid? Really?. Hit up your cousin ? Really ? how old are you? Dead giveaway !
I'm older than your IQ, apparently.
KaiBear
Whiskey Pete said:

J.R. said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BigGameBaylorBear said:

Obviously you don't read your own comments .
KaiBear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

BigGameBaylorBear said:

With respect I disagree.

She doesn't put a single swing state into the Trump column.

Which is often the single most important consideration of a VP possibility .

Of course with Trump; being hot may be all he cares about.
Whiskey Pete
KaiBear said:

Whiskey Pete said:

J.R. said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BigGameBaylorBear said:

Obviously you don't read your own comments .
Obviously you read mine. How long have you been a fan?
whiterock
Bestweekeverr said:

whiterock said:

Bestweekeverr said:

boognish_bear said:

He doesn't have anyone he can trust with actual relevant experience? Cabinet positions shouldn't be handed out to pad people's resumes
I've also read that John Ratcliffe, a former DNI, is interested in serving again. He'd be great.

Here's the rub with the experience......it's the calling card of the deep state. If you're going to root out all the internal sniping and insurgency that bedevilled him his first go-around, then an outsider is a wise choice

Again, not arguing for or against. Just noting there there would be some logic to support it. Vivek has strong and proper philosophy on the covert world staying out of politics. That's where the problem has been, not on the inside-baseball machinery of the domestic security apparatus.
whiterock
Nikki Haley sure has been quiet lately.....
KaiBear
Well you are amusing to be sure .

You taking on JR is like the guy who brings a knife to a gun fight.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I think a Tim Scott or Ron DeSantis pick for VP for Trump would assure a sizeable GOP victory.

I am fully expecting him to pick a potted plant or a wackadoodle. He loves the drama.

DeSantis is not going to be VP. That would be a disaster for both, RDS sees self as #1 not #2.

I would love RDS as it woujd give him the inside track for nomination in 2024. But RDS does not grow the coalition.

Trump needs Scott, a cheerleader for Trump. RDS would butt heads, a disaster for both. VP does not give inside edge for Presidency any more than other paths. Did wonders for Pence Quayle, Gore, Mondale, Cheney, Rockefeller, Humphrey. No guarantee.

RDS, I don't see in Cabinet. AG, he would kill it. But saying yes?
Whiskey Pete
KaiBear said:

I've seen his posts. It's more like a knife to a paintball gun fight.
quash
J.R. said:

who in their right prostitutional life would be VP for the clown?

No idea who but at least we know the price: one appeal bond.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
muddybrazos
KaiBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BigGameBaylorBear said:

With respect I disagree.

She doesn't put a single swing state into the Trump column.

Which is often the single most important consideration of a VP possibility .

Of course with Trump; being hot may be all he cares about.
She would appeal to independents and women, though. She's much better than Noem imo.
4th and Inches
Bestweekeverr said:

boognish_bear said:

Dept of Ed is way better for him..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
BearN
there's something to be thankful for
Realitybites
Well, Noem, Scott, DeSantis, and Vivek have apparently been ruled out.

Depending on how this goes, and if RFK actually picks Shanahan as VP, "worser" may have to become an official word.

It is hard to believe that this choice has come down to who gets selected as VP. Will RFK chose a gold digging silicon valley megakaren? Who Trump picks is particularly relevant in his case as serving his second term from age 78-82 there is a greater than zero chance we wake up one morning to the news that he hasn't.

At any rate, this election will be Boomercon's last ride. Around 2030-2040, we will be transitioning from the tail end of the bell curve for Boomer mortality to the beginning of the bell curve of mortality for Gen X. And as we exit stage left, America will lose its last living link to how good things were and who knew the greatest generation in person leaving the idiocracy unopposed.
FLBear5630
Realitybites said:

Depending on how this goes, and if RFK actually picks Shanahan as VP, "worser" may have to become an official word.

It is hard to believe that this choice has come down to who gets selected as VP. Will RFK chose a gold digging silicon valley megakaren? Who Trump picks is particularly relevant in his case as serving his second term from age 78-82 there is a greater than zero chance we wake up one morning to the news that he hasn't.

At any rate, this election will be Boomercon's last ride. Around 2030-2040, we will be transitioning from the tail end of the bell curve for Boomer mortality to the beginning of the bell curve of mortality for Gen X. And as we exit stage left, America will lose its last living link to how good things were and who knew the greatest generation in person leaving the idiocracy unopposed.
Excellent post. You forgot, the last Generation that knows what a quality product looks like and how to take the time to prepare it! The stuff I see from the younger generations is ridiculously bad and sloppy.

Porteroso
FLBear5630 said:

Realitybites said:

Excellent post. You forgot, the last Generation that knows what a quality product looks like and how to take the time to prepare it! The stuff I see from the younger generations is ridiculously bad and sloppy.

Are you talking about food, manufacturing, customer service? You sure aren't talking tech or website design.
Bestweekeverr
4th and Inches said:

Bestweekeverr said:

boognish_bear said:

If your goal is to dismantle it, then yeah for sure.
FLBear5630
Porteroso said:

FLBear5630 said:

Realitybites said:

Are you talking about food, manufacturing, customer service? You sure aren't talking tech or website design.
I am talking infrastructure professional, Engineering, Landscape Architect.

My fear is no one is being able to require the higher standards from the analysis to the design. We rely on computers so much.
Mothra
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

RDS isn't taking a demotion, He has a bigger platform as one of the biggest state's governors.
Forest Bueller_bf
Whiskey Pete said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BigGameBaylorBear said:

Hahahahaha, this is funny.

Not sure where it's coming from, but funny.

I'm happily married. None of that hillbilly stuff for me.
4th and Inches
Bestweekeverr said:

4th and Inches said:

Bestweekeverr said:

boognish_bear said:

number one thing on DOE website is student loans.. the Dept needs to be reworked. Students cant pay them back, why are we giving them out?
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Realitybites
Quote:

RDS isn't taking a demotion, He has a bigger platform as one of the biggest state's governors.

He's also term limited. I suppose he could try again in 2028, but looking at his lackluster campaign this year i don't know if he has it in him to run for president despite his many good policy achievements as governor.
KaiBear
Whiskey Pete said:

KaiBear said:

You are not remotely in JR's league. The guy is a multimillionaire and leads a lifestyle you will never approach.

And to double down with childish insults of Forrest ( who is arguably the single best poster on this message board ) merely establishes you as a total light weight.

FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

Bestweekeverr said:

4th and Inches said:

Bestweekeverr said:

boognish_bear said:

number one thing on DOE website is student loans.. the Dept needs to be reworked. Students cant pay them back, why are we giving them out?
Your point brings up a great discussion point. Why do we have Student Loans?

Are they profit mechanisms for the lender?
Are they a social service to allow everyone access to higher education?
Are they a policy tool to create a more educated work force to compete internationally?

Each one of those has different business models.

What are they?
Mothra
Realitybites said:

Quote:

He's also term limited. I suppose he could try again in 2028, but looking at his lackluster campaign this year i don't know if he has it in him to run for president despite his many good policy achievements as governor.

Nobody fared well against Trump. I suspect Jesus himself could have run, and MAGA would have still supported Trump. So I am not going to hold that against him.

When Trump loses later this year, I suspect RDS will be the top candidate for the Rs in 2028.
FLBear5630
Mothra said:

Realitybites said:

Quote:

Nobody fared well against Trump. I suspect Jesus himself could have run, and MAGA would have still supported Trump. So I am not going to hold that against him.

When Trump loses later this year, I suspect RDS will be the top candidate for the Rs in 2028.
If the GOP moves back to a traditional Party. Right now, they are the Bizzaro world Squad...
Mothra
FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

Realitybites said:

Quote:

If the GOP moves back to a traditional Party. Right now, they are the Bizzaro world Squad...
I don't want this either. There are good things that have happened because of MAGA. Among other things, I like the fact that blue collar workers now see us as a viable alternative to Dems. I also like the protectionist policies, and the non-interventionism (which is actually a more traditional Republican policy than the neo-conservatism we have seen since Bush 1).

I think the days of running out a Mitt Romney are over. And that's a losing strategy to begin with.
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

for only two more years, after which he will need a stage to stay relevant, which will be more important than hanging around do well a job he's manifestly proven he can do very well.

He'll take VP if offered. Would fire me up, for sure, but not sure it would be the best option to balance the ticket, so we'll see.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Trump needs Scott, a cheerleader for Trump. RDS would butt heads, a disaster for both. VP does not give inside edge for Presidency any more than other paths. Did wonders for Pence Quayle, Gore, Mondale, Cheney, Rockefeller, Humphrey. No guarantee.

RDS, I don't see in Cabinet. AG, he would kill it. But saying yes?
Scott would be safe. Wouldn't worry about Trump & RDS head-butting, though. Reagan and Bush 41 didn't get along either, at least initially. They found a way.

VP does indeed give inside path to a nomination, which is a prerequisite to win the presidency. RDS issue is timing. He terms out in 2026, leaving him two years in the wilderness. He would benefit greatly having stage from which to run. And as VP he'd be nigh-on unbeatable. Cabinet member.....could be better than the wilderness or at worst no worse than.

What he needs most is to get better at his weakness - personability. Only time on target will fix that. Cabinet position might not be the best place to hone those skills. VP would be perfect for that. It's a facilitating job uber alles.

If you don't have Reagan's charm, you have to stack up chits of obligation to build a base, which cannot be done without "office."

whiterock
KaiBear said:

Whiskey Pete said:

KaiBear said:

You are not remotely in JR's league. The guy is a multimillionaire and leads a lifestyle you will never approach.

And to double down with childish insults of Forrest ( who is arguably the single best poster on this message board ) merely establishes you as a total light weight.

in the electorate at large, there are a WHOLE lot more Whiskey Petes than JRs, and the JRs have done an expert job of pissing off all the Whiskey Petes (notwithstanding however brilliant and wealthy the JRs might be). And don't look now, but the JRs are virtue posturing over choice of POTUS rather than working toward a practical solution.

So who's the real lightweight here?

(gotta be smarter than the cow......)
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.