Trump VP candidates

4,325 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I think a Tim Scott or Ron DeSantis pick for VP for Trump would assure a sizeable GOP victory.

I am fully expecting him to pick a potted plant or a wackadoodle. He loves the drama.

DeSantis is not going to be VP. That would be a disaster for both, RDS sees self as #1 not #2.

I would love RDS as it woujd give him the inside track for nomination in 2024. But RDS does not grow the coalition.

Look for RDS as Arty General. He'd be absolutely that. Artillery.

Trump needs Scott, a cheerleader for Trump. RDS would butt heads, a disaster for both. VP does not give inside edge for Presidency any more than other paths. Did wonders for Pence Quayle, Gore, Mondale, Cheney, Rockefeller, Humphrey. No guarantee.

RDS, I don't see in Cabinet. AG, he would kill it. But saying yes?
Scott would be safe. Wouldn't worry about Trump & RDS head-butting, though. Reagan and Bush 41 didn't get along either, at least initially. They found a way.

VP does indeed give inside path to a nomination, which is a prerequisite to win the presidency. RDS issue is timing. He terms out in 2026, leaving him two years in the wilderness. He would benefit greatly having stage from which to run. And as VP he'd be nigh-on unbeatable. Cabinet member.....could be better than the wilderness or at worst no worse than.

What he needs most is to get better at his weakness - personability. Only time on target will fix that. Cabinet position might not be the best place to hone those skills. VP would be perfect for that. It's a facilitating job uber alles.

If you don't have Reagan's charm, you have to stack up chits of obligation to build a base, which cannot be done without "office."

We disagree on the VP giving the inside track, as modern history has shown that the number that did not get win outweighs the number that did. Especially with a President like Trump, I believe RDS is in a better position outside of Donald's orbit. As he will attract the Conservatives without Trump in the race and would need to gain traction with Independents to win. Trump does not set people up to win, he sucks the oxygen from around them.

But we all have our opinions.

Mothra
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I think a Tim Scott or Ron DeSantis pick for VP for Trump would assure a sizeable GOP victory.

I am fully expecting him to pick a potted plant or a wackadoodle. He loves the drama.

DeSantis is not going to be VP. That would be a disaster for both, RDS sees self as #1 not #2.
RDS isn't taking a demotion, He has a bigger platform as one of the biggest state's governors.
for only two more years, after which he will need a stage to stay relevant, which will be more important than hanging around do well a job he's manifestly proven he can do very well.

He'll take VP if offered. Would fire me up, for sure, but not sure it would be the best option to balance the ticket, so we'll see.

It's not going to be RDS. Trump has too big and ego to make RDS the VP and doesn't want him to steal the spotlight. He's still attacking RDS. And quite frankly it's probably all for the best since Trump is going to lose.

I think it's probably either Tim Scott, or somebody like Kristi Noem.
quash
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

RDS isn't taking a demotion, He has a bigger platform as one of the biggest state's governors.
for only two more years, after which he will need a stage to stay relevant, which will be more important than hanging around do well a job he's manifestly proven he can do very well.

He'll take VP if offered. Would fire me up, for sure, but not sure it would be the best option to balance the ticket, so we'll see.

It's not going to be RDS. Trump has too big and ego to make RDS the VP and doesn't want him to steal the spotlight. He's still attacking RDS. And quite frankly it's probably all for the best since Trump is going to lose.

He's attacking RDS over the Epstein docs
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Yup
FLBear5630
quash said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Trump does not want RDS or Haley to follow him, if he wins, because they will think and do what they think is important not Donald. He will want a Lake, Noem, Scott, (gulp) Greene or Gaetz. They are sheep that will follow Trump to the end of the world.
Whiskey Pete
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I don't think he'll be the VP pick.

Trump is some of the RNC operations (digital and fund raising teams) to South FL near Mar A Lago. IF Trump tapped DeSantis as VP, Trump would most likely move as not to cause a conflict with the 12th Amendment.

I would bet Trump wants/needs the EV Votes from Florida, not a chance he would effectively neuter his election by throwing away the FL vote.
Forest Bueller_bf
FLBear5630 said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Trump does not want RDS or Haley to follow him, if he wins, because they will think and do what they think is important not Donald. He will want a Lake, Noem, Scott, (gulp) Greene or Gaetz. They are sheep that will follow Trump to the end of the world.
Ok this is an interesting group.

Lake, Noem, Scott, Greene, Gaetz.

1) Lake is considered an "election denier", if a democrat is an election denier, and there have been many,
they get a complete pass for that.

2) Noem was unfaithful to her husband for years. Don't need that.

3) Scott

4) Greene- Nuts

5) Gaetz- Nutty and a real creeper vibe.

I guess that leaves Scott.

Though I would still favor Tulsi Gabbard.
FLBear5630
Forest Bueller_bf said:

FLBear5630 said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Ok this is an interesting group.

Lake, Noem, Scott, Greene, Gaetz.

1) Lake is considered an "election denier", if a democrat is an election denier, and there have been many,
they get a complete pass for that.

2) Noem was unfaithful to her husband for years. Don't need that.

3) Scott

4) Greene- Nuts

5) Gaetz- Nutty and a real creeper vibe.

I guess that leaves Scott.

Though I would still favor Tulsi Gabbard.
Tulsi? She is pretty left. Besides NOT wanting to be in Ukraine what does she have in common with that Trump believes?

If you want Tulsi, based on what Trump wants, Sec of Defense is the best fit. She would not support intervention ANYWHERE.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I would love RDS as it woujd give him the inside track for nomination in 2024. But RDS does not grow the coalition.

Trump needs Scott, a cheerleader for Trump. RDS would butt heads, a disaster for both. VP does not give inside edge for Presidency any more than other paths. Did wonders for Pence Quayle, Gore, Mondale, Cheney, Rockefeller, Humphrey. No guarantee.

Scott would be safe. Wouldn't worry about Trump & RDS head-butting, though. Reagan and Bush 41 didn't get along either, at least initially. They found a way.

VP does indeed give inside path to a nomination, which is a prerequisite to win the presidency. RDS issue is timing. He terms out in 2026, leaving him two years in the wilderness. He would benefit greatly having stage from which to run. And as VP he'd be nigh-on unbeatable. Cabinet member.....could be better than the wilderness or at worst no worse than.

What he needs most is to get better at his weakness - personability. Only time on target will fix that. Cabinet position might not be the best place to hone those skills. VP would be perfect for that. It's a facilitating job uber alles.

If you don't have Reagan's charm, you have to stack up chits of obligation to build a base, which cannot be done without "office."

We disagree on the VP giving the inside track, as modern history has shown that the number that did not get win outweighs the number that did. Especially with a President like Trump, I believe RDS is in a better position outside of Donald's orbit. As he will attract the Conservatives without Trump in the race and would need to gain traction with Independents to win. Trump does not set people up to win, he sucks the oxygen from around them.

you misunderstand my point. VP is the inside track to the NOMINATION, which is a prerequisite for winning the Presidency. 4 years traveling around the country, making news, delivering bacon states and congressional districts, etc..... It's a powerful stage, and you have 4 years to play on it. If you're good at it, you can effectively box everyone else out, have all the endorsements in hand. a Governor simply cannot do it. Yes, he can travel. Yes he can make news. But he can't go to ribbon cuttings of new post offices in all 50 states to make the non-political news reporting of it. He can't go to the grand opening of the newest national park. Governors don't get asked very often to speak at graduation ceremonies at the military academies, or (insert event here.) VP is just a vastly more powerful position, a nation-wide position, for a politician to exploit to build infrastructure. And that's before we get to the issue of fundraising. The VP inherits his successors fundraising base, which is national. A governor starts with a base limited to his own state.

The VP position has a much better track record of winning nominations than winning general elections, but that is still instructive - you have to win the nomination FIRST, to be able to move on to the general election round.
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Or. Perhaps......the reason he's still throwing light barbs at RDS is because negotiations are happening......"do you want to be in the tent, or not."

Everybody in politics at the national level has a big ego. It's a requirement for survival. People who don't really like each other kiss and make up out of pure expediency, too....all the time. both sides simply have to have a perceived win to do so. And RDS chances of being POTUS in 2028 would be significantly upgraded from being VP. And RDS would bring some unity (not the best choice for unity, but he could help) and really be an aid for governance (which is where Trump actually needs more help than on the campaign).

whiterock
Whiskey Pete said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I don't think he'll be the VP pick.

Trump is some of the RNC operations (digital and fund raising teams) to South FL near Mar A Lago. IF Trump tapped DeSantis as VP, Trump would most likely move as not to cause a conflict with the 12th Amendment.

I would bet Trump wants/needs the EV Votes from Florida, not a chance he would effectively neuter his election by throwing away the FL vote.
Not really a significant concern. Trump has a base in NJ he could call home.

Residency is the weakest of all potential issues. Nobody ever gets bounced on such questions. Courts are reflexively averse to enforcing it. "let the voters decide."
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

you misunderstand my point. VP is the inside track to the NOMINATION, which is a prerequisite for winning the Presidency. 4 years traveling around the country, making news, delivering bacon states and congressional districts, etc..... It's a powerful stage, and you have 4 years to play on it. If you're good at it, you can effectively box everyone else out, have all the endorsements in hand. a Governor simply cannot do it. Yes, he can travel. Yes he can make news. But he can't go to ribbon cuttings of new post offices in all 50 states to make the non-political news reporting of it. He can't go to the grand opening of the newest national park. Governors don't get asked very often to speak at graduation ceremonies at the military academies, or (insert event here.) VP is just a vastly more powerful position, a nation-wide position, for a politician to exploit to build infrastructure. And that's before we get to the issue of fundraising. The VP inherits his successors fundraising base, which is national. A governor starts with a base limited to his own state.

The VP position has a much better track record of winning nominations than winning general elections, but that is still instructive - you have to win the nomination FIRST, to be able to move on to the general election round.

I agree if they do not have their own platform. Eisenhower didn't need to be VP. Truman did. Kennedy didn't, Johnson did. Nixon needed it.

I just don't see RDS fitting the Gore, Nixon, Biden, Bush, Pence model. Coming from Congress or an Agency, I would agree. They have limited exposure and resources. Even Haley would fit this model, SC is just not a big enough state to move the needle.

I see RDS as a big state Governor that would be closer to the Reagan (CA), Bush Jr (TX) Carter (GA), Romney (MA) those are high profile states. Don't think RDS needs the VP platform to make himself heard. RDS's problem is he has no charisma! VP is not going to help, actually make him wilt more next to a populist, charismatic President. RDS needs distance...

Hey, just my opinion looking in.
Mothra
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Or. Perhaps......the reason he's still throwing light barbs at RDS is because negotiations are happening......"do you want to be in the tent, or not."

Everybody in politics at the national level has a big ego. It's a requirement for survival. People who don't really like each other kiss and make up out of pure expediency, too....all the time. both sides simply have to have a perceived win to do so. And RDS chances of being POTUS in 2028 would be significantly upgraded from being VP. And RDS would bring some unity (not the best choice for unity, but he could help) and really be an aid for governance (which is where Trump actually needs more help than on the campaign).

Oh, I don't disagree that RDS would be a great choice for the VP. I just don't see it ever happening. Trump's enormous ego won't allow it. And at the end of the day it'll be better for RDS either way, since Trump is likely going to lose again. Better not to attach his name to the albatross.

By the way, if continuing to attack, RDS is trump strategy for negotiating the VP position, he's an even bigger dumbass than I thought.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I agree if they do not have their own platform. Eisenhower didn't need to be VP. Truman did. Kennedy didn't, Johnson did. Nixon needed it.

I just don't see RDS fitting the Gore, Nixon, Biden, Bush, Pence model. Coming from Congress or an Agency, I would agree. They have limited exposure and resources. Even Haley would fit this model, SC is just not a big enough state to move the needle.

I see RDS as a big state Governor that would be closer to the Reagan (CA), Bush Jr (TX) Carter (GA), Romney (MA) those are high profile states. Don't think RDS needs the VP platform to make himself heard. RDS's problem is he has no charisma! VP is not going to help, actually make him wilt more next to a populist, charismatic President. RDS needs distance...

Well, sorta kinda. The "needed it" is a subjective way of evaluating it. Kennedy ran as a sitting US Senator, and won. Nixon was also a US Senator but never ran from that position, getting instead selected for VP. As a sitting VP, he coasted to the nomination but lost the general. Then ran for CA Gov, which he also lost. Then he ran for POTUS again as an elder statesman without portfolio and won both primary & general. One can parse galore for parallels., but which one applies - dId Nixon win as "former Senator" or "former VPOTUS" or "without portfolio?" The "loser" mantra used against Trump was apt for Nixon, who in one sense won how RDS would have to do it if he isn't Trump's VP - without portfolio - yet did have name ID and connections from long years as Senator and VP nominee (latter of which RDS will not have if he sits out 2024).

The common thread all such calculations is: to become POTUS, you have to first win the nomination. So the most important fact to look at is...how often does a sitting VPOTUS seek but lose his party's nomination?
Answer: 20 ran, 5 lost, but two of those losses were against sitting Presidents, and ALL losses were in the smoke filled room era. No losses in the primary selection era.

In the modern era, short of an Angew-esque situation, a VPOTUS who wants the nomination will get the nomination.
SO: the single most important step RDS could take to secure the 2028 nomination is to be the VP nominee on a winning ticket.
SO: the single most important calculation for RDS is.....will Trump win?

At this point, that seems more likely than not.
Ergo.......
The weakness in the analysis that no one will want to be Trump's VP is the presumption that he simply cannot win no how any way not at all. Look at the polling. Look at the dynamics. Hell, look at the betting odds. For anyone interested in ever being President, NOT taking the nod to be Trump's VP is quite risky.

and here's one more factor no one has raised: Trump will be the nominee. If he dies or is jailed or (insert crazy scenario here), who will be the replacement nominee?
Answer: 95% odds it will be the person Trump selected as his VP.
(and that person will have the ability to run as incumbent in 2028....long odds beating an incumbent POTUS).
Look at party rules on such things.
Look at who's running the party.
Trump supporters would pick Trump's replacement.

So, yeah, getting picked by Trump to be his PV nominee is a pretty big deal if you ever want to be POTUS
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Well, sorta kinda. The "needed it" is a subjective way of evaluating it. Kennedy ran as a sitting US Senator, and won. Nixon was also a US Senator but never ran from that position, getting instead selected for VP. As a sitting VP, he coasted to the nomination but lost the general. Then ran for CA Gov, which he also lost. Then he ran for POTUS again as an elder statesman without portfolio and won both primary & general. One can parse galore for parallels., but which one applies - dId Nixon win as "former Senator" or "former VPOTUS" or "without portfolio?" The "loser" mantra used against Trump was apt for Nixon, who in one sense won how RDS would have to do it if he isn't Trump's VP - without portfolio - yet did have name ID and connections from long years as Senator and VP nominee (latter of which RDS will not have if he sits out 2024).

The common thread all such calculations is: to become POTUS, you have to first win the nomination. So the most important fact to look at is...how often does a sitting VPOTUS seek but lose his party's nomination?
Answer: 20 ran, 5 lost, but two of those losses were against sitting Presidents, and ALL losses were in the smoke filled room era. No losses in the primary selection era.

In the modern era, short of an Angew-esque situation, a VPOTUS who wants the nomination will get the nomination.
SO: the single most important step RDS could take to secure the 2028 nomination is to be the VP nominee on a winning ticket.

Ergo.......
The weakness in the analysis that no one will want to be Trump's VP is the presumption that he simply cannot win no how any way not at all. Look at the polling. Look at the dynamics. Hell, look at the betting odds. For anyone interested in ever being President, NOT taking the nod to be Trump's VP is quite risky.

and here's one more factor no one has raised: Trump will be the nominee. If he dies or is jailed or (insert crazy scenario here), who will be the replacement nominee?
(and that person will have the ability to run as incumbent in 2028....long odds beating an incumbent POTUS).

So, yeah, getting picked by Trump to be his PV nominee is a pretty big deal if you ever want to be POTUS
You are mixing things...

Being VP if the President dies or steps down is entirely different than whether serving as Trumps VP helps him for 2028. Succession is set by the Constitution, technically Johnson is in a better place than RDS right now! So, if Trump not finishing if he wins is really in the cards, that is a different equation. If you really think that is going to happen or has a real chance, that is a conversation that should be had. Trump is NOT taking RDS or Haley. Look for Scott or Noem. I could handle Scott over Noem...

As for Kennedy, he just needed a TV camera. RDS is not JFK charisma-wise. If there is one thing that keeps him from being President, it is that he is running in the age of Social Media and he does not have the charisma of a Trump, Newsome, Obama, Reagan, and even Bush Jr was likeable. RDS is competent, tough and smart all the things you want, but is boring.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Ergo.......

You are mixing things...

Being VP if the President dies or steps down is entirely different than whether serving as Trumps VP helps him for 2028. Succession is set by the Constitution, technically Johnson is in a better place than RDS right now! So, if Trump not finishing if he wins is really in the cards, that is a different equation. If you really think that is going to happen or has a real chance, that is a conversation that should be had. Trump is NOT taking RDS or Haley. Look for Scott or Noem. I could handle Scott over Noem...

As for Kennedy, he just needed a TV camera. RDS is not JFK charisma-wise. If there is one thing that keeps him from being President, it is that he is running in the age of Social Media and he does not have the charisma of a Trump, Newsome, Obama, Reagan, and even Bush Jr was likeable. RDS is competent, tough and smart all the things you want, but is boring.
Nope. Didn't mix anything. Making a very narrow but dispositive point: TO BE ELECTED POTUS, ONE HAS TO SECURE THE NOMINATION OF HIS/HER POLITICAL PARTY. And being a sitting Vice-President is the highest odds of doing so among all other scenarios. For anyone desiring to be POTUS, that is a powerful point. To turn down Trump's VP offer requires one to think that A) Trump will lose (increasingly unlikely) and being on the ticket with him will do more harm than benefit (highly subjective), or B) one can defeat Trump's sitting VP for the nomination (very steep odds against that, historically) AND/OR also beat other rising contenders (like VA Gov Youngkin.....) The decision to turn down Trump is not nearly as clear-cut as so many here assume. It's very nearly a decision to pass up a chance to ever be POTUS.

Succession has nothing to do with that argument (although it is a valid issue whose importance elevates with age/infirmity of the POTUS nominee).

KaiBear
Political common sense would be to select a running mate that could best secure a win in a crucial swing state.

But Trump will probably just pick a gal with a pretty face and an empty head .

Another Sarah Palin .
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Ergo.......

You are mixing things...

Nope. Didn't mix anything. Making a very narrow but dispositive point: TO BE ELECTED POTUS, ONE HAS TO SECURE THE NOMINATION OF HIS/HER POLITICAL PARTY. And being a sitting Vice-President is the highest odds of doing so among all other scenarios. For anyone desiring to be POTUS, that is a powerful point. To turn down Trump's VP offer requires one to think that A) Trump will lose (increasingly unlikely) and being on the ticket with him will do more harm than benefit (highly subjective), or B) one can defeat Trump's sitting VP for the nomination (very steep odds against that, historically) AND/OR also beat other rising contenders (like VA Gov Youngkin.....) The decision to turn down Trump is not nearly as clear-cut as so many here assume. It's very nearly a decision to pass up a chance to ever be POTUS.

Succession has nothing to do with that argument (although it is a valid issue whose importance elevates with age/infirmity of the POTUS nominee).

We will see. Trump changes the equation.

As I said in another thread, it is March and the Candidates are OLD. Trump has felony counts to deal with. RDS may be the nominee by Nov! He would do much better in the RNC selecting than the popular vote.
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Oh, I don't disagree that RDS would be a great choice for the VP. I just don't see it ever happening. Trump's enormous ego won't allow it. And at the end of the day it'll be better for RDS either way, since Trump is likely going to lose again. Better not to attach his name to the albatross.

By the way, if continuing to attack, RDS is trump strategy for negotiating the VP position, he's an even bigger dumbass than I thought.
a) he hasn't attacked RDS terribly often at all since RDS dropped out.
b) he hasn't attacked RDS terribly viciously at all, just a passing barb.
c) he's reminding RDS of reality - "your job will be more difficult without my support"
d) he's reminding RDS of what the next 4 years will look & feel like being outside rather than inside the tent.

Sure, RDS can gamble big that Trump will lose.
(see polling trends.....)
You think it's impossible that Trump can win.
You might be right.
If you're wrong, you've got 4 years of wilderness ahead of you.......
If you're wrong, at least 2 others will likely be stronger than you in 2028. (Trump VP, Youngkin)
RDS knows that.
I doubt he's rejecting an offer out of hand. Such would be incredibly short-sighted.

I see posturing for negotiations, possibly even negotiations about negotiations going on.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Ergo.......

You are mixing things...

As I said in another thread, it is March and the Candidates are OLD. Trump has felony counts to deal with. RDS may be the nominee by Nov! He would do much better in the RNC selecting than the popular vote.
That in bold is a reflexive assumption of those who are not fans of Trump.

What if that assumption is wrong? What if most of the old rules still apply, just the factors driving them are different?
Mothra
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

c) he's reminding RDS of reality - "your job will be more difficult without my support"
d) he's reminding RDS of what the next 4 years will look & feel like being outside rather than inside the tent.

You might be right.
If you're wrong, at least 2 others will likely be stronger than you in 2028. (Trump VP, Youngkin)
RDS knows that.
I doubt he's rejecting an offer out of hand. Such would be incredibly short-sighted.

I see posturing for negotiations, possibly even negotiations about negotiations going on.

Lol. So he's not attacking him as bad as he could so his strategy is fine and dandy.

You're such a Trump shill. The guy could take a dump in the street and you'd find a way to defend it.

Not saying DeSantis wouldn't take the VP nod. Saying trumps too dumb to pick him.
Mothra
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Ergo.......

You are mixing things...

What if that assumption is wrong? What if most of the old rules still apply, just the factors driving them are different?

I know you're hopeful now the way the polls lean. But I predict you're going to be crying elephant tears come election night. Again.

No way Trump wins.
4th and Inches
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Ergo.......

You are mixing things...

I know you're hopeful now the way the polls lean. But I predict you're going to be crying elephant tears come election night. Again.

No way Trump wins.
are you going to cry big elephant tears if he wins like the libtards did in 16?
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
KaiBear
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Ergo.......

You are mixing things...

No way Trump wins.

You are probably right.

One way or another , the oldest president in US history will somehow 'win'.

And we will all be royally ****ed .

Starting with property rights . As 'Right to Shelter' legislation will forcibly put these millions of illegals into your 'unused' living space .

Will start will multi family units ( apartments , townhomes, condos ) Then single family investment rentals, then finally any 'unused' space in our homes or at a minimal; a luxury tax based on such 'unused' space .

Got to put these millions of illegals somewhere . Though they sure as hell won't be living with Dem elites.

Mothra
4th and Inches said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Ergo.......

You are mixing things...

No way Trump wins.
are you going to cry big elephant tears if he wins like the libtards did in 16?
Libtard tears. LOL. You Trumpsters lack the brain cells to come up with any original material. You sound so stupid.

For the record, I will rejoice in the street if the unthinkable happens. As bad as Trump is, he's ten times better than Biden.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Ergo.......

You are mixing things...

Why does it have to be only a negative? Wouldn't his followers think Trump changes things positively?

Just don't think he leaves enough oxygen for anyone else.
quash
quash said:

J.R. said:

who in their right prostitutional life would be VP for the clown?

No idea who but at least we know the price: one appeal bond.

Ooo, the blue light is ON. Expands the candidate field
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

You might be right.
RDS knows that.

Lol. So he's not attacking him as bad as he could so his strategy is fine and dandy.

You're such a Trump shill. The guy could take a dump in the street and you'd find a way to defend it.

Not saying DeSantis wouldn't take the VP nod. Saying trumps too dumb to pick him.
I'm not a shill for anyone. Just noting what you are overlooking.

I agree that RDS is not the best choice for the election, but it's a case of him not helping much with appeal in key demographics, not that he'd do harm. He'd actually help, a little, with party unity (although not as much as Haley). The big appeal with RDS is operational excellence. He would be highly effective at seeing agendas implemented.

It does seem like Trump is hinting it will be a woman or a minority. Other than Haley, the field of female options is not as strong as the field of minorities. Tim Scott would be very good. Rubio might be even better. He is as good as we have rhetorically. But he is also Cuban and when you deep dive into the Hispanic demographic, it's becomes very obvious very quickly that it is not terribly monolithic. Cubans are almost not full members of the demographic, at least as far as the non-Cuban members of it are concerned. The great big slice of the Hispanic pie is Mexican......
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Ain't no way either Trump or Haley wants it to be Haley.

KOKQB70
Huckabee?
boognish_bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
boognish_bear said:

Ain't no way either Trump or Haley wants it to be Haley.

Interesting there is no Ron DeSantis on the list.

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
boognish_bear said:

The Democrats (and fake Libertarians) despise Burgum. He is a Capitalist that creates jobs.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.