Letitia James threatens to seize Trump's real estate properties

5,699 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by Porteroso
Frank Galvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No question this is a bad look for NY courts as far as a business atmosphere. On the other hand the lawyers are telling them- Trump's defense strategy was incompressible and the AG was on a career boosting mission that is not going to be duplicated. So the result is highly unlikely to repeat.
Wangchung
Frank Galvin said:

No question this is a bad look for NY courts as far as a business atmosphere. On the other hand the lawyers are telling them- Trump's defense strategy was incompressible and the AG was on a career boosting mission that is not going to be duplicated. So the result is highly unlikely to repeat.
Unless they find out someone donated to Trump or the latest target of democrats.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

KaiBear said:

Porteroso said:

KaiBear said:

Porteroso said:

Doc Holliday said:

Its tyrannical that Trump's bond is $464 million in a case where no parties were harmed and even some of them defended Trump. Even some lefties and democrats think its gone too far.

They might try to seize Trump Tower...

If you have TDS and think Trump is crazy, realize that Joe Biden is actually pulling off what you think Trump would do to his enemies.

This is NYC libs being NYC libs. In no way is this Biden's thing. Don't you have enough political ammo already, without making stuff up?
You are so naive.

There is zero chance NY Democrats would be puling these stunts without the prior approval of Biden and his handlers..

Yes and all Republican state governments asked Trump before they did anything too, how could I forget they are all the same big bad guy?

Why does politics have to be simplified down to a TelleTubby level?
Do you ever read about American politics ?

Damn it's amazing just how stupid our electorate is.

And this forum is supposedly inhabited by college educated individuals.

Good God they should make the ownership of real estate a requirement for voting .
80% of the foolishness in our country's policies would be eliminated as if by magic.

When I went to Baylor they required Political Science. In that class we learned that in fact, the state government must not ask the federal government's permission before bringing charges of state law violations, nor ask before enforcing the punishment.

That is why your claim here,
Quote:

zero chance NY Democrats would be puling these stunts without the prior approval of Biden
seems to be mislead. Do you have knowledge of our government that my polisci professor did not?
There's what is written and then there is what is practiced.

An AG with political aspirations doesn't want to upset her party's power players.
BearN
Whiskey Pete said:

Porteroso said:

KaiBear said:

Porteroso said:

KaiBear said:

Porteroso said:

Doc Holliday said:

Its tyrannical that Trump's bond is $464 million in a case where no parties were harmed and even some of them defended Trump. Even some lefties and democrats think its gone too far.

If you have TDS and think Trump is crazy, realize that Joe Biden is actually pulling off what you think Trump would do to his enemies.

This is NYC libs being NYC libs. In no way is this Biden's thing. Don't you have enough political ammo already, without making stuff up?
You are so naive.

There is zero chance NY Democrats would be puling these stunts without the prior approval of Biden and his handlers..

Yes and all Republican state governments asked Trump before they did anything too, how could I forget they are all the same big bad guy?

Why does politics have to be simplified down to a TelleTubby level?
Do you ever read about American politics ?

Damn it's amazing just how stupid our electorate is.

And this forum is supposedly inhabited by college educated individuals.

Good God they should make the ownership of real estate a requirement for voting .
80% of the foolishness in our country's policies would be eliminated as if by magic.

When I went to Baylor they required Political Science. In that class we learned that in fact, the state government must not ask the federal government's permission before bringing charges of state law violations, nor ask before enforcing the punishment.

That is why your claim here,
Quote:

zero chance NY Democrats would be puling these stunts without the prior approval of Biden
seems to be mislead. Do you have knowledge of our government that my polisci professor did not?
There's what is written and then there is what is practiced.

An AG with political aspirations doesn't want to upset her party's power players.
You aren't suggesting an elected official would skirt the laws are you? Has this ever happened before, and if so, why is this the first we are hearing about it???
4th and Inches
Frank Galvin said:

4th and Inches said:

redfish961 said:

Admittedly, I'm pretty naive on how this works.

Is it common to require a bond in order to file an appeal?

it is in NY
No it is not. The bond is not a requirement of the appeal. It is a suggestion of what is necessary to stay enforcement of the judgment during the appeal. Those are two different things,
okey dokey.. i will take your word for it

I Got so much going on, havent kept up other than fly by stuff or info fron people at lunch meeting chit chat..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Frank Galvin said:

What makes finanicing Trump so difficult is that much of his worth is his brand.
You could say the same thing about China Joe. The Republicans think Joe's brand is worth at least $24 million. The Dems claim his brand is -0-. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, - about $24 million.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
whiterock
J.R. said:

Fre3dombear said:

Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Doc Holliday said:

If New York can bankrupt a billionaire because they don't like him, who's next? Anybody that doesn't agree with Leticia James politically? If this scenario is allowed to stand, this could happen to each and every one of us. The rogue judge can just set your bond at a level you can't pay and take away your right to an appeal. Then take everything you have.

This should be be concerning to EVERY American.
obviously not a Billionaire as I have always said.
Trump's net worth is absolutely in the billions.

If he was able to liquidate all of this assets it would be worth billions easily.

I mean dude there's buildings in NY half the size of Trump tower going for $800M...

Add to that the $18m that Mar-A-Lago is worth and he's getting closer
You can't just say that. You do not know how much equity is in MaraL. Know Trump that thing is levered unlike nobody's business.
no debtor/bonding agency wants to be a second lien position, no matter how much equity there might be. Multiply that times 450m then add in a political vendetta and debt/equity ratios got little to do with what we're watching. Nobody wants to compromise their fiduciary responsibility by touching an outrageous shyte-show of abusive sovereign power, where the only the SCOTUS gavel can restore order to the market
Porteroso
The lawyers are arguing that securing the bond is a practical impossibility, but then Trump blasts on Fox News that he has almost $500m in cash, no problem.

Just lmao. The guy is so full of himself.

Can one of you zealots spin this into "this shows how shrewd a bisinessman he is" because i can't imagine the mental gymnastics, but im up for learning!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna144717
nein51
Porteroso said:

The lawyers are arguing that securing the bond is a practical impossibility, but then Trump blasts on Fox News that he has almost $500m in cash, no problem.

Can one of you zealots spin this into "this shows how shrewd a bisinessman he is" because i can't imagine the mental gymnastics, but im up for learning!

Anyone arguing he's smart is also a moron. Dude is a buffoon. Always has been.

And yet, somehow, things were better with that buffoon than this buffoon.
BearN
Porteroso said:

Read the post above yours.

I have no idea how much cash/equivalents and marketable securities Trump has, but I know that if I needed to raise a boatload of cash and I had a choice of draining my cash reserves or borrowing, I would borrow.
BearN
Former Obama Fundraiser Don Peebles speculates that Trump will win on appeal, and that Leticia James knows this, so she is trying to inflict as much damage to Trump as possible.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6349410051112
Whiskey Pete
BearN said:

Former Obama Fundraiser Don Peebles speculates that Trump will win on appeal, and that Leticia James knows this, so she is trying to inflict as much damage to Trump as possible.

Here's the funny thing, it will most likely blow back on her, her office, NYC, The State of New York and Democrats in general.

whiterock
nein51 said:

Porteroso said:

Anyone arguing he's smart is also a moron. Dude is a buffoon. Always has been.

And yet, somehow, things were better with that buffoon than this buffoon.
or maybe the buffoon is playing it smart. Don't take the bait their offering....don't use the cash you set aside for the campaign to pay an unconstitutional fine. Force NY State to actually proceed with the taking. That makes the issue federal (violation of constitutional rights), which reduces the leverage of the prosecution.

What NY state is doing is such a manifestly open & shut 8th amendment violation. No chance the taking is allowed to proceed before the NY appeal occurs.

NY state knows that, too. They're just thinking they're winning on points (for the election.) But they are drastically out of touch. It's going to boomerang.

nein51
Never ascribe to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity.

Hes not smart enough for that. Would I prefer to him the walking dead? Yeah, absolutely. But let's not pretend he's playing some 3D chess here. The guy isn't smart enough to win at checkers, nevermind chess.
drahthaar
Whiskey Pete said:

BearN said:

Here's the funny thing, it will most likely blow back on her, her office, NYC, The State of New York and Democrats in general.

That is the best case scenario that could happen Even the DOJ should hope that occurs but the political world seems to be happy to violate every legal statute to "get" Trump and whitewash Biden.
J.R.
Porteroso said:

Saw a clip on the news this morning where, in 2020, Trumps himself said he was worth $10Billion. Yeah, right you Queens Con-Man
Whiskey Pete
J.R. said:

Porteroso said:

Saw a clip on the news this morning where, in 2020, Trumps himself said he was worth $10Billion. Yeah, right you Queens Con-Man
Of all the things you can legitimately donk Trump over, this is what you choose? I guess I shouldn't be surprised when we have people that would rather vote for personality over policy.
Porteroso
Whiskey Pete said:

J.R. said:

Porteroso said:

Of all the things you can legitimately donk Trump over, this is what you choose? I guess I shouldn't be surprised when we have people that would rather vote for personality over policy.

Diving America is not personality, nor is refusing to accept the results of an election. Harming democracy is not personality, it is not mean tweets.
nein51
Porteroso said:

Whiskey Pete said:

J.R. said:

Porteroso said:

Diving America is not personality, nor is refusing to accept the results of an election. Harming democracy is not personality, it is not mean tweets.

Donald Trump is not a 'threat to democracy' or any other version of that. We have got to stop with the rhetoric. Hes an egomaniacal moron but that's about the end of it.

I could almost take the "refusing to accept the results of an election" as a valid point if it was made just as vociferously at all the Democrats who have done the same thing when they questioned the results of an election.

It all hyper partisan tribalism and both sides are super guilty of it.
Porteroso
nein51 said:

Porteroso said:

Whiskey Pete said:

J.R. said:

Porteroso said:

Donald Trump is not a 'threat to democracy' or any other version of that. We have got to stop with the rhetoric. Hes an egomaniacal moron but that's about the end of it.

I could almost take the "refusing to accept the results of an election" as a valid point if it was made just as vociferously at all the Democrats who have done the same thing when they questioned the results of an election.

Oh but he is though, he is normalizing the idea that you can refuse to accept the will of the people, and make hundreds of millions, possibly billions, doing it. Trashing the will of the people for money is hurting democracy. It's not tribalism, it is something that 50 years ago any American of any affiliation would have recognized.
nein51
Porteroso said:

nein51 said:

Porteroso said:

Whiskey Pete said:

J.R. said:

Porteroso said:

Oh but he is though, he is normalizing the idea that you can refuse to accept the will of the people, and make hundreds of millions, possibly billions, doing it. Trashing the will of the people for money is hurting democracy. It's not tribalism, it is something that 50 years ago any American of any affiliation would have recognized.

This is just drivel.

Politicians have been duping the public for campaign funds for all of our history.

They have also questioned the results of elections forever.

Our god awful education system is a problem, that the majority of our citizens are too stupid to understand basic economics is a problem, that we have "gays for Palestine" is telling…and many many more.

Donald Trump is barely a blip on the radar of history. The dude could cure cancer and 50% of the population would complain about it. Conversely, he could kill a baby in the street and drink its blood and some portion of the country would be explaining how it's no big deal.

He's wildly polarizing but he's no threat to Democracy.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Whiskey Pete said:

J.R. said:

Porteroso said:

Please, Biden is doing everything he can to divide this country. Calling concerned parents terrorists, Trump supporters a threat to democracy, White people supremacists... open your eyes.

Get over yourself, Democrats for 8 years called Bush an illegitimate president, the same for Trump's 1st term... hell, the dems even concocted a BS collusion story and spent millions on an investigation.
whiterock
J.R. said:

Porteroso said:

LOL.

FLBear5630
Wangchung said:

Frank Galvin said:

Unless they find out someone donated to Trump or the latest target of democrats.
And the person inflated their property and used it to get financing. You keep forgetting that part, he did it.

You have an AG that ran on going after you several years ago and you don't double check you books? Make amended appraisals? Do something to limit your exposure? You just say, "Oh well, everyone does it. It will be fine?"
Wangchung
FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

Frank Galvin said:

And the DA claimed the person inflated their property and claimed they used it to get financing by severely undervaluing their properties . You keep forgetting that part, she did it.

You have an AG that ran on going after you four years ago and you don't double check you books? Make amended appraisals? Do something to limit your exposure? You just say, "Oh well, everyone does it. It will be fine?"

FIFY
You're pretending like Trump wasn't busy dealing with other political attacks and should have known they would lie about the value of his assets, assets that his lenders had no problem financing based on his valuation.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
FLBear5630
Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

Frank Galvin said:

And the DA claimed the person inflated their property and claimed they used it to get financing by severely undervaluing their properties . You keep forgetting that part, she did it.

You have an AG that ran on going after you four years ago and you don't double check you books? Make amended appraisals? Do something to limit your exposure? You just say, "Oh well, everyone does it. It will be fine?"

FIFY
You're pretending like Trump wasn't busy dealing with other political attacks and should have known they would lie about the value of his assets, assets that his lenders had no problem financing based on his valuation.
Come on, he is worth 10B dollars and has a whole Corporation at his disposal. You telling me that he can't delegate? I remember this being discussed 3 years ago, Westchester County property values. NY said they were going after that whole area.

Trump started getting into it with NY about property values in 2002, this is not a new witch hunt. He has done this stuff. He finally ran into an AG that followed through. He did nothing since 2002 to protect himself, he knew this was a NY State issue and his sons are more to blame than him as they manage the day to day.

Claimed value of sleepy NY estate could come to haunt Trump | AP News (2021)

Trump Organization faces new criminal inquiry tied to one of its N.Y. golf clubs : NPR
Wangchung
FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

Frank Galvin said:

FIFY
Come on, he is worth 10B dollars and has a whole Corporation at his disposal. You telling me that he can't delegate? I remember this being discussed 3 years ago, Westchester County property values. NY said they were going after that whole area.

Trump started getting into it with NY about property values in 2002, this is not a new witch hunt. He has done this stuff. He finally ran into an AG that followed through. He did nothing since 2002 to protect himself, he knew this was a NY State issue and his sons are more to blame than him as they manage the day to day.

Trump Organization faces new criminal inquiry tied to one of its N.Y. golf clubs : NPR
And yet he wasn't investigated for it until after the fishing expedition by a DA that ran on finding something, ANYTHING to go after Trump over, right? Then the ONLY way they could get him was by undervaluing his property by tens of millions of dollars. You keep squirming and twisting but those are the facts your narrative cannot get around.
Guy Noir
nein51 said:

Porteroso said:

nein51 said:

Porteroso said:

Whiskey Pete said:

J.R. said:

Porteroso said:

This is just drivel.

Politicians have been duping the public for campaign funds for all of our history.

They have also questioned the results of elections forever.

Our god awful education system is a problem, that the majority of our citizens are too stupid to understand basic economics is a problem, that we have "gays for Palestine" is telling…and many many more.

Donald Trump is barely a blip on the radar of history. The dude could cure cancer and 50% of the population would complain about it. Conversely, he could kill a baby in the street and drink its blood and some portion of the country would be explaining how it's no big deal.

He's wildly polarizing but he's no threat to Democracy.

If Trump is elected in 2024 an then tries to overthrow the election in 2028 (like he did in 2020) then he is threat to democracy. His track record demonstrates this.
Whiskey Pete
Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

Frank Galvin said:

FIFY

And yet he wasn't investigated for it until after the fishing expedition by a DA that ran on finding something, ANYTHING to go after Trump over, right? Then the ONLY way they could get him was by undervaluing his property by tens of millions of dollars. You keep squirming and twisting but those are the facts your narrative cannot get around.
It's probably time for some AG to go after Oprah for taking a weight loss drug while she was hawking weight watchers to the public. Hell even the stock lost 25% after she admitted to the drug, causing losses for people.

Maybe it's time the gov't treats others as they treat Trump.
nein51
Ok cool. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. But she doesn't and he hasn't so, um, cool story?
FLBear5630
Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

Frank Galvin said:

FIFY

Geez, check it out for yourself. Trump has had these problems for decades. He lost under the same Statute twice before. A statute that had been around since 1957. It was no surprise that NY was trying to get him to set an example. The surprise is he did NOTHING about it to protect himself. He simply said "Try it". They did and he lost.

Here is an article from 2016 where he valued the Golf Course for 50M and then told the State it was only worth 1.9 for tax purposes. That is the **** that got him in this mess. Even if you give a 50% markdown because we know Tax Value is lowere than sales value, it is 25M. He was doing stuff that was ridiculous. But, it won't matter, he should be left to do what he wants.

How Trump's $50m golf club became $1.4m when it came time to pay tax | Donald Trump | The Guardian
Wangchung
FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

Frank Galvin said:

FIFY

Geez, check it out for yourself. Trump has had these problems for decades. He lost under the same Statute twice before. A statute that had been around since 1957. It was no surprise that NY was trying to get him to set an example. The surprise is he did NOTHING about it to protect himself. He simply said "Try it". They did and he lost.

Here is an article from 2016 where he valued the Golf Course for 50M and then told the State it was only worth 1.9 for tax purposes. That is the **** that got him in this mess. Even if you give a 50% markdown because we know Tax Value is lowere than sales value, it is 25M. He was doing stuff that was ridiculous. But, it won't matter, he should be left to do what he wants.

How Trump's $50m golf club became $1.4m when it came time to pay tax | Donald Trump | The Guardian
Gee, odd that Leticia didn't campaign on that. She just said she would investigate until she finds something. Then they had to undervalue his property to indict him. It's as obvious as it can get that it's a purely political attack.
4th and Inches
FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

Frank Galvin said:

FIFY

when do i get to tell the state of texas what my properties are worth..is FL that stupid to let people decide their own property values?!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

Frank Galvin said:

FIFY

when do i get to tell the state of texas what my properties are worth..is FL that stupid to let people decide their own property values?!

You can challenge any assessment, even in Texas. Take a look, there was s always an appeal process.

I find it interesting, no matter what Trump does. What grift, work around or abuse of other people's money there is an excuse that anyone that calls him on it is wrong. Especially interesting coming from Baptist that rail in the sinfulness of pretty much everyone, except Trump. He is a victim.

You guys want this guy in power and view him as a champion of the people? Amazing.
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

Frank Galvin said:

FIFY

You can challenge any assessment, even in Texas. Take a look, there was s always an appeal process.

I find it interesting, no matter what Trump does. What grift, work around or abuse of other people's money there is an excuse that anyone that calls him on it is wrong. Especially interesting coming from Baptist that rail in the sinfulness of pretty much everyone, except Trump. He is a victim.

You guys want this guy in power and view him as a champion of the people? Amazing.

Really want Biden instead ?

Got 2 viable choices .

Pick one and live with it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.