JK Rowling

8,795 Views | 168 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Oldbear83
EatMoreSalmon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Scotland in a quandary?
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c51j64lk2l8o
Doc Holliday

Quote:

The Scottish government said the Hate Crime Act would provide protection from hate and prejudice without stifling individual expression.
Impossible.
Redbrickbear
The modern West continues to get more and more dystopian
Redbrickbear
4th and Inches
Redbrickbear said:

this should also be in the funny tweets thread
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Jack Bauer
Waco47 - "This does NOT affect you....unless you don't agree. then you go to jail"
Jack Bauer
"All animals are equal, but LGBTQ animals are more equal than others."
EatMoreSalmon
"Hate" crime laws are terrible. What constitutes hate will always be too subjective, and such laws are always potentially broad in application.
Jack Bauer
EatMoreSalmon said:

"Hate" crime laws are terrible. What constitutes hate will always be too subjective, and such laws are always potentially broad in application.

Hate speech in 2024:

"There are only 2 genders"

"Men cannot get pregnant"
Johnny Bear
EatMoreSalmon said:

So called "hate laws" have always been nothing more than political ploys designed to gain favor with some group or some race. How in the world is anyone more violated or more dead if they're injured or killed because of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual preference, etc. or if they're injured or killed because of what's in their wallet or purse?? These kinds of laws are and always have been nonsensical at best.
Harrison Bergeron
Transvestites clearly are No. 2 being bleks in the oppression olympics. They definitely have more power than women. A blek woman might be able to stand up against the anti-science, groomer agenda, but that is it.
boognish_bear
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear said:

Harry Potter class?……W.T.F.
Redbrickbear
nein51
Saying a woman is a woman and a man is a man is not hatred of trans people. It may be hatred of the stupidity in which we live, however.
whiterock
Very much appreciate her willingness to stand up to the mob.

GrowlTowel
She has the power to end this by being arrested.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Redbrickbear
GrowlTowel said:

She has the power to end this by being arrested.

It might open some eyes to have liberal millennial girls see one of their favorite childhood authors arrested for the thought crime of stating that a man (even dressed as a woman) is still a man.

Oldbear83
Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Counts as both Civics and Literature for those who are Barista majors ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Harrison Bergeron
Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

What an idiot. Dude should not be teaching.
Jack and DP
Malbec
Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Something tells me that Carole McDaniel Hanks would demand her endowment back if she was still around to see this bozo. It's time we end Harry Potter classes and get some in Common Sense.
Redbrickbear
Malbec said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Something tells me that Carole McDaniel Hanks would demand her endowment back if she was still around to see this bozo. It's time we end Harry Potter classes and get some in Common Sense.

This is why you give money to a 4 year scholarship at the school of your choice.

Pay for a new building.

Pay for a remodel job.

But never never ever give a fully endowed position and vast amounts of money to a school to do what they want with it forever.

20 years after you are dead some nut like this will be wearing your gift as a skin suit

ATL Bear
December 2012. That's when the APA reclassified transgenderism as not a mental illness. Since then it has been a steady track to where we are today.
Redbrickbear
ATL Bear said:

December 2012. That's when the APA reclassified transgenderism as not a mental illness. Since then it has been a steady track to where we are today.

Now go back to 1973 and see what got us to 2012…

[In 1973, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) removed the diagnosis of "homosexuality" from the second edition of its Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM)]
Ghostrider
Embarrassing for Baylor
historian
EatMoreSalmon said:

Hate crime laws are the worst form of genuine hate speech.
historian
https://stream.org/j-k-rowling-faces-down-the-demons-and-wins-go-ye-therefore-and-do-likewise J.K. Rowling Faces Down the Demons and Wins. Go Ye Therefore and Do Likewise
historian
boognish_bear said:

This should happen every day in every university when the subject comes up:

https://notthebee.com/article/teacher-goes-viral-for-teaching-student-to-critically-think-about-jk-rowling
historian
Baylor has a Harry Potter class???

Do they still teach Shakespeare? When I was a student, there was a class on Oxford Christian's CS Lewis & JRR Tolkien. It was listed in the catalog but I don't know if it was actually offered. I never saw it. If I had had the opportunity, I might have taken it as an elective. They still are two of my favorite 20th century writers. This would be a great class to offer but I don't expect it is offered now either.
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Redbrickbear said:

this should also be in the funny tweets thread
Teen Thanks Parents For Supporting Him Through That Time Of Confusion But Can He Have His Testicles Back Now
LIFE Apr 4, 2024 BabylonBee.com

MORRISTOWN, NY A teenage male identified as William Beauregard expressed gratitude to his parents Thursday for the love and support he received during his period of gender confusion before promptly asking that his testicles be returned.
"It's really great that you were there for me during that awkward time I thought I was Wilma Boo, a saucy young lady who was part dragon," William said. "But can I please have my testicles back now?"
William's parents explained that the testicles were gone probably in a landfill somewhere and that even if he got them back, doctors would be unable to reattach them since he was "just a weird Ken doll down there now."
According to sources, William underwent gender reassignment surgery back in 2023 because he was feeling "kind of sad" and, after months of therapy, realized the only thing that would make him happy was the thought of irreversibly mutilating his body so, of course, his parents let him.
"What were we supposed to do?" one of his two moms asked. "Not let him irreversibly mutilate his body? That's ridiculous!"
William argued the point further, but after being shown x-rays of his body that had been taken after the surgery proving that the procedure could not be reversed he decided it was time for another permanent change to a temporary problem: emancipating from his parents.
https://babylonbee.com/news/teen-thanks-parents-for-supporting-him-through-that-time-of-confusion-but-can-he-have-his-testicles-back-now
TrojanMoondoggie
The people behind all of this know what they're doing.
Deep down they know that everyone is born a man or a woman. And just because you switch parts doesn't change that fact. And it's all nonsense.
It's the latest wave of showing how worldly and progressive and open-minded you are.

I just wonder how many straight liberal women would choose a female to male trans with a fake "you know what" over the stud muffin sitting next to them in biology class who was born a man, and remains how he was born.

Probably very few, if any.

And if they were being truthful, the truth would come out.
It's because the stud muffin is a man. Not the product of some man-made metamorphosis.
All of those ladies would need to turn in their liberal cards, real fast.

But then again, it wouldn't be the first time the lives that a liberal leads is in conflict with the things they say.
Mitch Blood Green
Redbrickbear said:

Doesn't tickle cause a giggle?
Mitch Blood Green
Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

My Masters is in Harry Potter. It's not something any Hairy Dick Tom can get.
historian
Although satire, Babylon Bee often offers very important truths.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.