AKB having a day

2,466 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Fre3dombear
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unlike Alito, who would rather not focus on the facts of the case, Barrett got Trump's attorney to admit that three of the acts in this case were not official acts.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Harrison Bergeron
I thought you were going to say AKB was mad because Greg Abbott banned TikTok.
Mothra
Good for her. I'd prefer our supreme court justices not be partisan shills.
Bestweekeverr
Mothra said:

I feel like Trump's SC picks have been pretty fair compared to the hype around their senate appointments.
Harrison Bergeron
Bestweekeverr said:

Mothra said:

I feel like Trump's SC picks have been pretty fair compared to the hype around their senate appointments.
Like in most of the government, the so-called "conservative" justices generally approach the law from a legal perspective vs. being purely partisan shills. In fairness, so-called "conservative" justices are generally selected based on their record and talent vs. the left-wing justice are obvious tokens. The token black woman and Latina are barely literate and clearly have the legal acumen of chihuahua.
Bestweekeverr
Harrison Bergeron said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Mothra said:

Like in most of the government, the so-called "conservative" justices generally approach the law from a legal perspective vs. being purely partisan shills. In fairness, so-called "conservative" justices are generally selected based on their record and talent vs. the left-wing justice are obvious tokens. The token black woman and Latina are barely literate and clearly have the legal acumen of chihuahua.
Didn't have to make it racist, but alright.
Whiskey Pete
Bestweekeverr said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Mothra said:

Didn't have to make it racist, but alright.
Didn't Biden make it racist when said he was only looking for a black woman?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

Unlike Alito, who would rather not focus on the facts of the case, Barrett got Trump's attorney to admit that three of the acts in this case were not official acts.
Amy Coney Barrett. ACB. You should show her a little respect. She has earned it.

I expect more from a man with a law degree.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Harrison Bergeron
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

Amy Coney Barrett. ACB. You should show her a little respect. She has earned it.

May i introduce you to Kamala Brown and Fanny Willis and Sheila Jackson Lee.

Malbec
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

Is quash at least a Baylor lawyer?
LIB,MR BEARS
Malbec said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

Yes. The least one.
beardoc
"Amy Coney Barrett. ACB. You should show her a little respect. She has earned it.

I expect more from a man with a law degree."
2/3 of it was true. That's pretty good for a lawyer.
C. Jordan
quash said:

We're in a really dark place. While this is a positive, it's shocking that all the men were more worried about what might happen than what did happen. In fact, they didn't even want to talk about the facts of the case. They wanted to live in hypotheticals. Alito in particular.

And all this stuff about originalism and textualism gets tossed when it's in the way of conservative activism. The Constitution plainly, plainly sees the President as liable for prosecution.

The men are in the tank for Trump, so we're at real risk of losing democracy.
Harrison Bergeron
C. Jordan said:

quash said:

We're in a really dark place. While this is a positive, it's shocking that all the men were more worried about what might happen than what did happen. In fact, they didn't even want to talk about the facts of the case. They wanted to live in hypotheticals. Alito in particular.

And all this stuff about originalism and textualism gets tossed when it's in the way of conservative activism. The Constitution plainly, plainly sees the President as liable for prosecution.

Agreed. Using lawfare to undermine democracy is truly a dark place. The radical left want to turn American into an authoritarian banana republic. It is bad enough we have a demented, corrupt buffoon as a president that regular ignores laws with authoritarian executive action but weaponizing the justice system against the will of th people is the only actual THREAT TO DEMOCRACY.

I actually hope SCOTUS rules with the extremists and then some D.A. will indict Obama and Biden for murder and put them on trial.
Frank Galvin
C. Jordan said:

quash said:

100%. Hope Roberts has one of his "I need to protect the reputation of the Court" moments.

This could well end up one of those opinions that is indecipherable with five different concurrences and no real holding except that the district court should try something.
quash
Harrison Bergeron said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Mothra said:

I bet when you say DEI it ends in a hard R.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Malbec said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

Yes. The least one.

Aren't you sweet. Still butthurt about ID being a crock?
quash
C. Jordan said:

quash said:

Wondering about their reaction if the president ordered the death of a fetus.
OsoCoreyell
C. Jordan said:

quash said:

You're so full of baloney. These guys are "in the tank for Trump" like the earth is above the sky. The Supreme Court is in the "what might happen" business, for all love. They're an apellate court. Trial courts are in the "what happened" business.

It is hilarious to see you criticize the current SCOTUS for its biases based upon your own biases.
Harrison Bergeron
quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Mothra said:

I bet when you say DEI it ends in a hard R.
I bet you think Greg Abbot banned Tik Tok.
GrowlTowel
C. Jordan said:

quash said:

Jesus Christ. If you really believe this, turn in your diploma. If not, go peddle your propaganda somewhere else.

My God.
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Malbec said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

Yes. The least one.

Counselor, does the evidence point towards design or happy little accidents?

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/H4vn1qFQoRo8uZoZ/?mibextid=NqTh7c
LIB,MR BEARS
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Malbec said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

Yes. The least one.

Counselor, does the evidence point towards design or happy little accidents?

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/H4vn1qFQoRo8uZoZ/?mibextid=NqTh7c

Another happy accident that their digestive system works so well with the rest of their design.

Follow the evidence.
Realitybites
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

Jumanji Jackson is much easier to remember than whatever pseudo-African name she goes by.
Frank Galvin
OsoCoreyell said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

You're so full of baloney. These guys are "in the tank for Trump" like the earth is above the sky. The Supreme Court is in the "what might happen" business, for all love. They're an apellate court. Trial courts are in the "what happened" business.

It is hilarious to see you criticize the current SCOTUS for its biases based upon your own biases.

You have no idea what you even stand for. For decades, the GOP cried foul about "activist judges" who tried to set policy by imposing "judge made" law rather than just applying the law as written. Toe v. Wade was exhibit 1-nowhere in the Constitution are the words "right to privacy" or "abortion" mentioned. It was an abomination and lacked any coherent reasoning at all based on that line of thinking.

Anton Scalia became a medium-sized deity by championing strict adherence to the idea that courts have a sacred duty to apply only the law as written. John Roberts gave us the catchphrase when he told the Senate that as chief justice it would be his job to do one thing only: call balls and strikes.

MAGA adherents often will list Trump's judicial selections as the most important accomplishment of his term. To be appointed and confirmed from 2017-2021, a Jude has to voice unwavering loyalty to those principles.

Saying it wasn't enough. To get a nomination. The nominee absolutely must have had his Federalist Society card showing years of oath to these ideas.

This week's arguments again revealed what an absolute con job it all is. There is no statute that confers immunity on a president. There is not a word in the Constitution about presidents being immune.

Calling '"balls and strikes" in this situation means applying the law to what actually happened without regard for the policy consequences of the decision.

Brett Kavanaugh's comment was MAGA lifting its skirt. The "conservative" justices want nothing to do with Scalia. They want to shape the future and are willing to do it regardless of the facts of the case.

We have had more judicial activism in the last three years than in the three decades before then. At best the whole thing is intellectually dishonest. It's really closer to a con job.

4th and Inches
C. Jordan said:

quash said:

chicken little
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Redbrickbear
C. Jordan said:

quash said:

We're in a really dark place…

I would say that a liberal DC political establishment that spies on Presidential candidates it does not like…while also spying on American citizens…while also importing in millions of 3rd world voters to change the electorate is more of a danger to "our democracy" than one particular case at SCOTUS about the limits of Presidential immunity
4th and Inches
Frank Galvin said:

OsoCoreyell said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

You have no idea what you even stand for. For decades, the GOP cried foul about "activist judges" who tried to set policy by imposing "judge made" law rather than just applying the law as written. Toe v. Wade was exhibit 1-nowhere in the Constitution are the words "right to privacy" or "abortion" mentioned. It was an abomination and lacked any coherent reasoning at all based on that line of thinking.

Anton Scalia became a medium-sized deity by championing strict adherence to the idea that courts have a sacred duty to apply only the law as written. John Roberts gave us the catchphrase when he told the Senate that as chief justice it would be his job to do one thing only: call balls and strikes.

MAGA adherents often will list Trump's judicial selections as the most important accomplishment of his term. To be appointed and confirmed from 2017-2021, a Jude has to voice unwavering loyalty to those principles.

Saying it wasn't enough. To get a nomination. The nominee absolutely must have had his Federalist Society card showing years of oath to these ideas.

This week's arguments again revealed what an absolute con job it all is. There is no statute that confers immunity on a president. There is not a word in the Constitution about presidents being immune.

Calling '"balls and strikes" in this situation means applying the law to what actually happened without regard for the policy consequences of the decision.

Brett Kavanaugh's comment was MAGA lifting its skirt. The "conservative" justices want nothing to do with Scalia. They want to shape the future and are willing to do it regardless of the facts of the case.

We have had more judicial activism in the last three years than in the three decades before then. At best the whole thing is intellectually dishonest. It's really closer to a con job.

gleaned all that from a few questions to those making the arguments?

Why dont you wait for the opinion before blasting the judges as biased hypocrites..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Redbrickbear
4th and Inches said:

Frank Galvin said:

OsoCoreyell said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

gleaned all that from a few questions to those making the arguments?

Why dont you wait for the opinion before blasting the judges as biased hypocrites..

The idea that the Roberts Court has "engaged in more legal activism over the last 3 years than in the previous 30" is particularly impressive insanity.

I mean that takes a very certain kind of world view and living in a unique ideological bubble to come up with that take
4th and Inches
FWIW, Trump should have immunity for anything he did as POTUS that was within the scope of being president. There is clear evidence to support this..

OTOH, there is clear evidence that things done outside the scope of being president have no such immunity.

It is as simple as that..

–Horace

Harrison Bergeron
Frank Galvin said:

OsoCoreyell said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

That is Waco47-level delusion.
Sam Lowry
Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

I would say that a liberal DC political establishment that spies on Presidential candidates it does not like…while also spying on American citizens…while also importing in millions of 3rd world voters to change the electorate is more of a danger to "our democracy" than one particular case at SCOTUS about the limits of Presidential immunity
I would too...until a dictator took power with the help of presidential immunity.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

I would too...until a dictator took power with the help of presidential immunity.
Poor Sam, still supporting Putin yet imagining Trump is a threat to anything but the thin-skinned Left.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

Poor Sam, still supporting Putin yet imagining Trump is a threat to anything but the thin-skinned Left.
The post wasn't about Trump, it was about the Supreme Court case and the limits of presidential immunity. You'd understand a lot more if you saw the difference.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

quash said:

The post wasn't about Trump, it was about the Supreme Court case and the limits of presidential immunity. You'd understand a lot more if you saw the difference.
Sure, Vlad.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.