Bourbon of the month club

12,722 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by whiskeyclub
Dia del DougO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The last bottle of Eagle Rare I got was because I was wearing a Baylor shirt and the manager was a Baylor guy and went and grabbed me a bottle. Not sure if I should disclose the location. Hate to mess up a good thing.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Gunny Hartman
Dia del DougO said:

The last bottle of Eagle Rare I got was because I was wearing a Baylor shirt and the manager was a Baylor guy and went and grabbed me a bottle. Not sure if I should disclose the location. Hate to mess up a good thing.

It's alright just send me a PM
"Those who stay will be champions"

--William Barret Travis
WILLIS
If you got a twin liquors nearby, they're having their "at cost" anniversary sale through tomorrow. Got a couple 1.75's of Rebecca creek for $34. Normally about $50. Got 1.75 12 year glen fiddich for $65. Deals to be had for sure
Dungeon Athletics
For mixing, I like the Old Forester 100. Makes a really good old-fashioned for whatever reason.

For sipping:
Willett Pot Still (in the obnoxiously-shaped bottle)
Blanton's
Calumet Farm
Four Roses Single Barrel
Oregon Spirit
Ranger Creek .36 Texas Bourbon (the one in the full-size bottle that was aged longer)

For something a little different, I like the Yellow Rose Outlaw Bourbon. Has a just a hint of a different taste to it - can't quite put my finger on it, but it tastes just a bit "malty" in the same way a malty beer does. Company claims the mash is all corn, so not sure what it is I'm tasting.

deemus
Dungeon Athletics said:

For mixing, I like the Old Forester 100. Makes a really good old-fashioned for whatever reason.

For sipping:
Blanton's
Calumet Farm
Four Roses Single Barrel
Oregon Spirit
Ranger Creek .36 Texas Bourbon (the one in the full-size bottle that was aged longer)

For something a little different, I like the Yellow Rose Outlaw Bourbon. Has a just a hint of a different taste to it - can't quite put my finger on it, but it tastes just a bit "malty" in the same way a malty beer does. Company claims the mash is all corn, so not sure what it is I'm tasting.

For mixing, there is only one choice. Rebel Yell.
bularry
I prefer Larceny for a wheated mixer
Dia del DougO
deemus said:

Dungeon Athletics said:

For sipping:
Blanton's
Calumet Farm
Four Roses Single Barrel
Oregon Spirit

For mixing, there is only one choice. Rebel Yell.

More! More! More!
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
wsteak48
The ranger creek big bottles (750ml) were aged in larger (50g) barrels. The small bottles (375ml) were aged in 5-7 gallon barrels. They make a great product. Texas' first brewery/distillery.
bularry
I didn't care for it
whiskeyclub
Every drop of Pappy Van Winkle 25 encapsulates decades of dedication and expertise. It's not just about the age; it's about the unmatched complexity and sheer luxury of the experience. Secure your piece of bourbon history and relish the satisfaction of owning a bottle that's more than just liquid gold it's a legacy in a glass. Elevate your collection with Pappy Van Winkle 25, where passion meets perfection. Cheers to savoring the finest moments in bourbon appreciation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.