Man sentenced to 7 years in Jan. 6 assaults that forced an officer to retire

22,163 Views | 516 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Harrison Bergeron
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Porteroso
Palestine hospitals do need a lot of help. Or do you think she is talking about money for more rockets? Huh hard to know.
historian
Tucker and Clay Higgins Reveal Huge # of FBI Assets on J6, Including Some 'Dressed as Trump Supporters' https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2024/01/08/tucker-carlson-drops-some-big-news-from-rep-clay-higgins-about-fbi-informants-and-jan-6-n2168447
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Kingdom Bear
sombear said:

Thee University said:

sombear said:

Very few officers allowed rioters in, and those that did, only after fighting valiantly to keep the idiots out, and only in a risky and heroic attempt to deescalate.
Fighting valiantly?

BS! They did not fight valiantly.

If you want to keep those idiots out shotgun them with bean bags or rubber bullets. Spray them down with skunk water.

The entire "insurrection" was a joke. This was carefully orchestrated by the left to lure the numbskulls into a trap but get the video footage they needed to cry for a few years

If the people who busted into the capital had truly wanted to break in and decertify (temporarily) the election they would have been armed to the teeth and wiped out the capital police.
Have you watched much of the footage? I've watched hours. Yes, numerous cops fighting valiantly while also trying to defuse. True heroes that day. I got choked up several times as they were knocked down, dragged across the ground, hammered with their owns shields, bloodied, begged rioters to stop, etc.

I've never said it was an insurrection. It was not. But there is a heckuva lot of awful real estate before you get to insurrection.

The cops weren't armed with the things you mentioned. But, in my view, all of those things would only have made matters worse.

Rubber bullets and concussion grenades were literally used to anger and stir up the crowd prior to any assaults on the officers.
sombear
Mafia Bear said:

sombear said:

Thee University said:

sombear said:

Very few officers allowed rioters in, and those that did, only after fighting valiantly to keep the idiots out, and only in a risky and heroic attempt to deescalate.
Fighting valiantly?

BS! They did not fight valiantly.

If you want to keep those idiots out shotgun them with bean bags or rubber bullets. Spray them down with skunk water.

The entire "insurrection" was a joke. This was carefully orchestrated by the left to lure the numbskulls into a trap but get the video footage they needed to cry for a few years

If the people who busted into the capital had truly wanted to break in and decertify (temporarily) the election they would have been armed to the teeth and wiped out the capital police.
Have you watched much of the footage? I've watched hours. Yes, numerous cops fighting valiantly while also trying to defuse. True heroes that day. I got choked up several times as they were knocked down, dragged across the ground, hammered with their owns shields, bloodied, begged rioters to stop, etc.

I've never said it was an insurrection. It was not. But there is a heckuva lot of awful real estate before you get to insurrection.

The cops weren't armed with the things you mentioned. But, in my view, all of those things would only have made matters worse.

Rubber bullets and concussion grenades were literally used to anger and stir up the crowd prior to any assaults on the officers.

100% false. No idea where you got that BS.
Mitch Blood Green
We just had the 3rd anniversary of the DC Capitol knitting circle.
Redbrickbear
Wangchung
"See, stupid republicans?!? Ray Epps was CHARGED too! How can you claim he was Fed if he was charged, too?!?"
Hide and watch;

Ray Epps, a mysterious January 6 figure some theorized to be a federal informant, has been sentenced to a year of probation for his participation in the January 6, 2021, Capitol breach, evading the year sentence suggested by prosecutors.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/ray-epps-sentenced-evades-jail-time?fbclid=IwAR1DvcacdbFuyesAvlPW487g2f7lTx1KyVlhULjlnVp44R58KUgZBG9UZVY
Redbrickbear
historian
FBI infiltrators
historian
https://www.dailysignal.com/2024/01/08/lawmaker-estimates-fbi-had-200-undercover-assets-at-us-capitol-on-jan-6/
historian
Wangchung said:

"See, stupid republicans?!? Ray Epps was CHARGED too! How can you claim he was Fed if he was charged, too?!?"
Hide and watch;

Ray Epps, a mysterious January 6 figure some theorized to be a federal informant, has been sentenced to a year of probation for his participation in the January 6, 2021, Capitol breach, evading the year sentence suggested by prosecutors.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/ray-epps-sentenced-evades-jail-time

The article says Epps evaded jail time in the title. Looks like he got a slap on the wrist.
Wangchung
historian said:

Wangchung said:

Hide and watch;

The article says Epps evaded jail time in the title. Looks like he got a slap on the wrist.
Yep. That's how you run cover for a Fed plant that got exposed.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Redbrickbear
historian said:

Wangchung said:

Hide and watch;

A slap on the wrist after years of trying their best to not even prosecute him at all.

All while they were running down grandmothers in Kentucky who just happened to walk around inside the building for 20mins
Wangchung
Even our resident leftists cannot rationalize this one.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Harrison Bergeron
How many Hams terrorists that potentially cased real harm by blocking roads and launching an INSURECTION last week were arrested and charged similarly? Will any of them face charges or jail time? I'll take over / under at zero.
Redbrickbear

Wangchung
Epps story broke almost 12 hours ago, still no attempts at justification from our leftists. Hmmmm
Redbrickbear
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Epps story broke almost 12 hours ago, still no attempts at justification from our leftists. Hmmmm
Justification of what? Judges have been lenient in the vast majority of J6 cases.
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Justification of what? Judges have been lenient in the vast majority of J6 cases.
Debunked

https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-capitol-rioters-jailed-sentences-january-6-1826075
Sam Lowry
Whiskey Pete said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Debunked

https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-capitol-rioters-jailed-sentences-january-6-1826075
Nope.
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Debunked

Nope.
Yep
Harrison Bergeron
Just take a moment to reflect that we live in a country that has become such a banana republic that we issue harsher sentences on senor citizens walking through the Capitol that young black men killing, raping, and robbing.
historian
That's just one disaster the fascists have done to the once great United States. There are so many others.
Redbrickbear
KaiBear
Not sure what is worse.

The obvious double standard in our current judicial system

or the attitude of so many people who embrace the double standard.

The pit draws ever closer .
historian
That's two insane miscarriages of Justice.
Redbrickbear
historian
If two commit the same crime but get different sentences because of ideology then that is a miscarriage of Justice.
fubar
historian said:

If two commit the same crime but get different sentences because of ideology then that is a miscarriage of Justice.
I agree.

But if two commit the same crime and get different sentences because of say, different underlying facts, or, perhaps, differing laws in different jurisdictions?
KaiBear
fubar said:

historian said:

I agree.

But if two commit the same crime and get different sentences because of say, different underlying facts, or, perhaps, differing laws in different jurisdictions?

Juries and judges have shown outrageous bias toward various defendants due to skin color, religion, political considerations, and outright bribery since the founding of our country.

fubar
KaiBear said:

fubar said:

historian said:

I agree.

Juries and judges have shown outrageous bias toward various defendants due to skin color, religion, political considerations, and outright bribery since the founding of our country.

That is too true, and it will always be the case. Unfortunately.

But not every sentence that differs is due to any of those things. We have a number of people that like to jump to the conclusion they want without so much as considering that, just maybe, they don't have all the facts needed to make a logical jump.
historian
fubar said:

historian said:

I agree.

Valid point but I would not expect such a huge disparity.
Redbrickbear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.