Buy the Trump Bible

8,839 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by J.R.
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not the Babylon Bee.

Trump's Newest Venture? A $60 Bible.
His Bible sales pitch comes as he appears to be confronting a significant financial squeeze, with his legal fees growing while he fights a number of criminal cases and lawsuits.

Before he turned to politics, former President Donald J. Trump lent his star power and celebrity endorsement to a slew of consumer products steaks, vodka and even for-profit education, to name just a few.
On Tuesday, Mr. Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, added a new item to the list: a $60 Bible.
Days before Easter, Mr. Trump posted a video on his social media platform in which he encouraged his supporters to buy the "God Bless the USA Bible," named after the ballad by the country singer Lee Greenwood, which Mr. Trump plays as he takes the stage at his rallies.
"All Americans need a Bible in their home, and I have many. It's my favorite book," said Mr. Trump, who before entering politics was not overtly religious and who notably stumbled while referencing a book of the Bible during his 2016 campaign. "It's a lot of people's favorite book."
Though Mr. Trump is not selling the Bible, he is getting royalties from purchases, according to a person familiar with the details of the business arrangement.
Priced at $59.99, plus shipping and tax, the "God Bless the USA Bible" includes a King James Bible and a handwritten version of the chorus of Mr. Greenwood's song, and copies of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence and the Pledge of Allegiance.
In his video, Mr. Trump expressed his approval of the book's blend of theology with foundational American political documents, framing that mix as central to the political call that has been his longtime campaign slogan, Make America Great Again.
"Religion and Christianity are the biggest things missing from this country," Mr. Trump said. Later, he added, "We must make America pray again."
As he runs for president this year, Mr. Trump has framed his campaign as a crusade to defend Christian values from the left. He often makes false or misleading claims that Democrats are persecuting Christians. Last month, he told a religious media convention that Democrats wanted to "tear down crosses."
His Bible sales pitch comes as he appears to be confronting a significant financial squeeze. With his legal fees growing while he fights four criminal cases and a number of civil lawsuits, Mr. Trump is also being required to post a $175 million bond while he appeals his New York civil fraud case a hefty amount, though one that is significantly smaller than the $454 million penalty imposed in the case.
According to the Bible's website, Mr. Trump's "name, likeness and image" are being used "under paid license from CIC Ventures LLC."
The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to questions about the business arrangement. But CIC Ventures is also connected to another product Mr. Trump has hawked while campaigning: $399 "Never Surrender" sneakers that he announced at a sneaker convention in Philadelphia last month.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/25/style/succession-ilia-malinin-figure-skating.html

sombear
To me, this is the most appalling thing he's ever done, and that's saying something.
CammoTX
Looks for "Two Corinthians"…
fubar
He has many Bibles in His home? Were they placed by The Gideons?
Oldbear83
fubar said:

Actually, planted by the Biden DOJ.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Bestweekeverr
Yeahhh that's a man co-opting my faith so that he can pay his fraud penalties.

Very cool.
Aliceinbubbleland
He reminds me of many kooks. This one would be Elmer Gantry. Why are so many Christians devoted to this fraud?
KaiBear
Trump remains politically clueless.

But at least unlike Joe Biden ; Trump doesn't attempt to portray himself as a legitimate Catholic.
BellCountyBear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

He reminds me of many kooks. This one would be Elmer Gantry. Why are so many Christians devoted to this fraud?
Why are so many "Christians" devoted to communism?
ABC BEAR
The SWAT team, while they were sniffing Melania's underwear drawer.
Porteroso
KaiBear said:

But at least unlike Joe Biden ; Trump doesn't attempt to portray himself as a legitimate Catholic.

He is trying to portray himself as someone whose favorite book is the Bible, that's correct.
Jack Bauer
"Nobody reads the Bible more than me,"

An actual quote. Donald Trump - 2016

Ugh. I hate any politician mixing religion and politics this blatantly.
Wangchung
They would shut down the presses before ever referring to Obama as Mr.Obama.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
fubar
Does it come in an Orange Letter Edition?
Bestweekeverr
BellCountyBear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Why are so many "Christians" devoted to communism?

Lol what?
Mitch Blood Green
fubar said:

He uses them to keep doors open while they move boxes around.
Mitch Blood Green
Porteroso said:

KaiBear said:

He is trying to portray himself as someone whose favorite book is the Bible, that's correct.

That might be true. My favorite pooping monster is Elmo. (I don't know any other pooping monsters)

ron.reagan
KaiBear said:

If you want to mitigate a moral failing by calling them clueless than Biden is your man. It seems to be that Trump might be the most politically savvy person we've seen in a long time though.
KaiBear
Porteroso said:

KaiBear said:

As president Trump ended federal legal persecution of The Little Sisters of the Poor.

Appointed federal judges who returned the abortion issue to the individual states to decide .

Don't know if the Bible is his favorite book.

It's not mine and strongly doubt it's yours either .

But I like what Trump accomplished when he had power.

ron.reagan
KaiBear said:

Porteroso said:

KaiBear said:

As president Trump ended federal legal persecution of The Little Sisters of the Poor.

Appointed federal judges who returned the abortion issue to the individual states to decide .

lmao
ron.reagan
I was going to make a joke about his favorite book being his own and then the first google result actually had evidence to that.

`When asked this week what his two favorite books are by A.J. Calloway of "Extra," the GOP presidential nominee replied, " 'The Art of the Deal,' 'Surviving at the Top.' "`

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/304058-trumps-favorite-books-his-own/
william
KDV

- KKM

{ sipping coffee }

#SweetDonnyBaby
POE.
KaiBear
ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Porteroso said:

KaiBear said:

But at least unlike Joe Biden ; Trump doesn't attempt to portray himself a Catholic.

lmao
Amusing how you always miss the point.

Trump helped Christians while president.

Whether or not the Bible is his ' favorite' book is irrelevant.

Christians are going to vote for Trump by a large margin.

ron.reagan
KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Porteroso said:

KaiBear said:

But at least unlike Joe Biden ; Trump doesn't attempt to portray himself a Catholic.

lmao

Thanks,yes, I didn't know anyone here was talking about that actually
Mitch Blood Green
I'm sure there are people who believe the Trump bible is the same one Jesus used.

I heard the J6 Prison choir opened for Jesus at the sermon on the mount.
Frank Galvin
KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Porteroso said:

KaiBear said:

lmao

Real Christians want a president who helps all people. Trump may or may not do that but this idea that Christians are somehow separate and apart from the rest of the United States or the world is absurd. We are all people first, we are all undeserving of God's love ,and yet he gives it to all of us.

One of the things God asks of us is to renounce idolatry. Some of the Christian suport for Trump crosses that line and Trump, acting like idols through the ages, is happy to cash in on it.
KaiBear
ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Porteroso said:

KaiBear said:

lmao

Thanks,yes, I didn't know anyone here was talking about that actually

It's been obvious for months .
Aliceinbubbleland
I'm mildly surprised he isn't selling autographed copies while claiming he wrote the Bible.
Jack and DP
sombear said:

To me, this is the most appalling thing he's ever done, and that's saying something.

Encouraging Bible sales and Bible reading?
Mothra
fubar said:

Could be referring to his hotels as home.
Mothra
Jack Bauer said:

"Nobody reads the Bible more than me,"

An actual quote. Donald Trump - 2016

Ugh. I hate any politician mixing religion and politics this blatantly.
Is it shocking that I am not shocked he had the gall to say something like this?
Bestweekeverr
Jack and DP said:

sombear said:

Why not give them away for free then?

He's exploiting the faith of his supporters for money.

Remember what Jesus did when he saw people selling their goods in the Temple?
sombear
Jack and DP said:

sombear said:

A politician/non-Christian/false prophet selling $60 Bibles to make a profit and promote himself during a campaign?, Yes, appalling and I'd say even blasphemous. I can picture Jesus up there turning over tables . . . .

Not to mention, even practically speaking, he is turning off far more non-believers than he is attracting to Christianity.
BearN
Oh the horror

BearN
Pastor: "Mr. President, we will never get these liberals to care about the Bible"

Trump: "Pastor, Hold my beer."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.