Buy the Trump Bible

9,531 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by J.R.
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bestweekeverr said:

Jack and DP said:

sombear said:

To me, this is the most appalling thing he's ever done, and that's saying something.

Encouraging Bible sales and Bible reading?
Why not give them away for free then?

He's exploiting the faith of his supporters for money.

Remember what Jesus did when he saw people selling their goods in the Temple?

Fair enough. Should all Bibles be free?
Whiskey Pete
That settles it, Trump is selling a Bible to people, he doesn't deserve to be president or get my vote at all!

I should vote for the guy who's selling out America to China and selling out our border security to every cartel south of here.
BearN
Whiskey Pete said:

That settles it, Trump is selling a Bible to people, he doesn't deserve to be president or get my vote at all!

I should vote for the guy who's selling out America to China and selling out our border security to every cartel south of here.
Trump should take up painting. He'd make a fortune.
sombear
I'm well aware that Bibles are sold. . . . I've bought my share. Politicians do not and should not sell self-promoting Bibles for profit. I don't care who the politician is or what party it is. But I am even more troubled by someone doing it who is everything a Christian should not be.
Whiskey Pete
sombear said:

I'm well aware that Bibles are sold. . . . I've bought my share. Politicians do not and should not sell self-promoting Bibles for profit. I don't care who the politician is or what party it is. But I am even more troubled by someone doing it who is everything a Christian should not be.
So, I guess you're not voting for Trump the Bible pusher then?
Bestweekeverr
BearN said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Trump should take up painting. He'd make a fortune.
It would be funny to see the Left freak if he applied and got rejected from art school
trey3216
fubar said:

He has many Bibles in His home? Were they placed by The Gideons?
"2 night stand in Tulsa pullin' out and headed west
Brady grabbed the Gideons from the hotel in the desk
and we said 'what's the matter brother, you worried bout your soul'
he says 'better safe than sorry boys, that's just how I roll'
we hit the rode a-feelin' cool as Crosby, Stills and Nash
Overflowin' with the spirit, and a Bible on the dash"

We pulled the whole thing over for the flashing red and blues
Police came to the window, we said, "Have you heard the news?"
"Now don't get smart with me boy, why you doing 95?"
"My foot is heavy with redemption, I'm just blessed to be alive"
He said, "I oughta pull you outta there and beat you black and blue"
I placed my hand upon the good book, said, "What would Jesus do?"

It's better than insurance, registration or lyin'
It's better than these fake IDs I keep on buyin'
It's even better than an envelope stuffed with cash
Well, they always said it'd save me, that old Bible on the dash
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
J.R.
Whiskey Pete said:

sombear said:

now, little Petey..... you really think Fat boy pimping bibles is ok? this is so disgusting even by Fat Orange standards . just amazing
trey3216
J.R. said:

Whiskey Pete said:

sombear said:

now, little Petey..... you really think Fat boy pimping bibles is ok?
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
sombear
Whiskey Pete said:

sombear said:

I'm not voting for Trump, but that has nothing to do with my disgust at what he's doing here.
J.R.
the only words I can come up with is "Beyond the Pale".
that is saying something, even for that criminal
Porteroso
KaiBear said:

Porteroso said:

KaiBear said:

Trump remains politically clueless.

But at least unlike Joe Biden ; Trump doesn't attempt to portray himself as a legitimate Catholic.

He is trying to portray himself as someone whose favorite book is the Bible, that's correct.

As president Trump ended federal legal persecution of The Little Sisters of the Poor.

Appointed federal judges who returned the abortion issue to the individual states to decide .

Don't know if the Bible is his favorite book.

It's not mine and strongly doubt it's yours either .

But I like what Trump accomplished when he had power.

I'm a little surprised you question his honesty too. I thought you bought everything he said wholesale.

I'm not sure if its a good thing or bad thing that his loyal supporters don't believe him when he says the Bible is his favorite book. Is it a step towards sanity, or insanity?
fubar
I'm surprised that Trump isn't hitting all of the marketing angles with this. He could have a few orange tickets, like the gold ones Willy Wonka did, where the lucky winners get to have dinner with Trump (for the low low additional cost of ... $175M).

For an extra $93M, winners get to hear Trump tell his favorite Bible story, the one about Noah and his wife Joan of Ark and the luxury yacht they sailed in.
Forest Bueller_bf
Mitch Blood Green said:

I'm sure there are people who believe the Trump bible is the same one Jesus used.

I heard the J6 Prison choir opened for Jesus at the sermon on the mount.
Jesus quoted directly or indirectly about 170 times out of the Old Testament, including from 14 different books.

I doubt it was the King James version, like the Trump bible, but the Fundamental Baptist would be happy with it.
Mothra
BearN said:

Oh the horror

Wonder what kind of royalties Lincoln and Washington are making on the sale of these puppies.
boognish_bear
fubar said:

Some people are saying he has the best Bibles in his home. I don't know… who's to say. But some people are saying it.
Mitch Blood Green
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

I'm sure there are people who believe the Trump bible is the same one Jesus used.

Jesus quoted directly or indirectly about 170 times out of the Old Testament, including from 14 different books.

I doubt it was the King James version, like the Trump bible, but the Fundamental Baptist would be happy with it.

I once had a woman tell me she only read the King James Bible because "if it was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me"
Osodecentx
boognish_bear said:

fubar said:

Some people are saying he has the best Bibles in his home. I don't know… who's to say. But some people are saying it.

Some are HUGE, the best Bibles ever printed

Whiskey Pete
J.R. said:

Whiskey Pete said:

sombear said:

now, little Petey..... you really think Fat boy pimping bibles is ok? this is so disgusting even by Fat Orange standards . just amazing

I couldn't careless about Trump selling bibles.
Osodecentx
Whiskey Pete said:

J.R. said:

Whiskey Pete said:

sombear said:

You should
Whiskey Pete
Osodecentx said:

Whiskey Pete said:

J.R. said:

Whiskey Pete said:

sombear said:

You should .
No I shouldn't.

I care about things that matter. You know, like our unsecured border.
Realitybites
The FAQs on the website for this include the following...

"Is this Bible officially endorsed by President Trump?"

"Is this Bible officially endorsed by Lee Greenwood?"

"What if my Bible has sticky pages?"

Satan is just trolling us at this point. Unfortunately allowing democrats to win in 2024 puts him in a position to do much more than troll.
TenBears
Zero doubt in my mind that if Jesus returned today and criticized Trump he would be slammed by Trumpsters as a Swamp created libtard. And probably by Trump as well.
william
J.R. said:

the only words I can come up with is "Beyond the Pale".
that i........
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exodus_(Uris_novel)

- KKM

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating mini donuts }
pro ecclesia, pro javelina
sombear
TenBears said:

Zero doubt in my mind that if Jesus returned today and criticized Trump he would be slammed by Trumpsters as a Swamp created libtard. And probably by Trump as well.
Two families recently left our church. Longtime members. Great folks, but really turned into full-fledged MAGA - the best and worst of it. I think they will return at some point. But it was simple as this:

Longtime pastor and close friend of both families. Went on missions trips together; worked locally for charities, etc. Pastor is conservative, but rarely talks politics and sermons don't go there at all. I'd bet a good chunk of change he voted for Trump, but he's never talked about it.

One Sunday in January, the sermon was on that . . . ya know . . . ultra-controversial love your neighbor principle. In one of numerous examples, he mentioned both political sides have gone overboard, too much vitriol, etc. Neighbor against neighbor. We can disagree without being disagreeable. He mentioned that the "political leaders" themselves aren't helping much, Repubs and Dems. Said our political leaders sure as heck aren't role models. He returned to that theme a few weeks later.

No mention of Trump (or Biden). No praise of Democrats.

Families asked for a meeting with pastor. Said he was undermining the abortion and other Christian issues. He was engaging in "whataboutism." They didn't appreciate him bringing politics into his sermons, but also said, "if anyhting, we should build Trump up and pray for him."

Pastor was shocked. He didn't back down but emphasized it was just a real life example of an area that our leaders and all of us could do better. Said we should pray for all of our leaders. Families weren't satisfied and left the church.
boognish_bear
sombear said:

TenBears said:

Two families recently left our church. Longtime members. Great folks, but really turned into full-fledged MAGA - the best and worst of it. I think they will return at some point. But it was simple as this:

Longtime pastor and close friend of both families. Went on missions trips together; worked locally for charities, etc. Pastor is conservative, but rarely talks politics and sermons don't go there at all. I'd bet a good chunk of change he voted for Trump, but he's never talked about it.

One Sunday in January, the sermon was on that . . . ya know . . . ultra-controversial love your neighbor principle. In one of numerous examples, he mentioned both political sides have gone overboard, too much vitriol, etc. Neighbor against neighbor. We can disagree without being disagreeable. He mentioned that the "political leaders" themselves aren't helping much, Repubs and Dems. Said our political leaders sure as heck aren't role models. He returned to that theme a few weeks later.

Families asked for a meeting with pastor. Said he was undermining the abortion and other Christian issues. He was engaging in "whataboutism." They didn't appreciate him bringing politics into his sermons, but also said, "if anyhting, we should build Trump up and pray for him."

Pastor was shocked. He didn't back down but emphasized it was just a real life example of an area that our leaders and all of us could do better. Said we should pray for all of our leaders. Families weren't satisfied and left the church.

That sounds like a very neutral message from the pastor. Not sure why that got some people up in arms.

Asking for political leaders on both sides to be better would seem like a message all could agree with.
Forest Bueller_bf
Mitch Blood Green said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

I once had a woman tell me she only read the King James Bible because "if it was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me"
Hahahaha!
Forest Bueller_bf
boognish_bear said:

sombear said:

TenBears said:

That sounds like a very neutral message from the pastor. Not sure why that got some people up in arms.

Asking for political leaders on both sides to be better would seem like a message all could agree with.
Both political sides have gone overboard with the vitriol and devisivness. Which is why an RFK Jr. can poll as high as 22% in some polls.

Whiskey Pete
Might be a good idea for Biden to come out with his own ice cream brand or hell, he can team up the Ben & Jerry's and come with a new flavor. They could call it "Corn Pop" or "China Joe Dough"
Jack Bauer
Trump Bible.

David had a beautiful slingshot, quite frankly. And he took down "Lying" Goliath who was a total disaster for the Philistines. It was unbelievable. And I actually was the one who threw the rock, people don't know that because of the Fake News!
Realitybites
sombear said:

. In one of numerous examples, he mentioned both political sides have gone overboard, too much vitriol, etc. Neighbor against neighbor. We can disagree without being disagreeable.

While there is much room to criticize the GOP, in a world where the democrat party is taking people's sons away and turning them into eunuchs against their parents wishes his response is the weak sauce response of a seat filler pastor. He needs to spend some time reading Jeremiah and Isaiah. The democrat party of the 70s may have been communist, but the one of today is overtly satanic.
sombear
Realitybites said:

sombear said:

. In one of numerous examples, he mentioned both political sides have gone overboard, too much vitriol, etc. Neighbor against neighbor. We can disagree without being disagreeable.

While there is much room to criticize the GOP, in a world where the democrat party is taking people's sons away and turning them into eunuchs against their parents wishes his response is the weak sauce response of a seat filler pastor. He needs to spend some time reading Jeremiah and Isaiah. The democrat party of the 70s may have been communist, but the one of today is overtly satanic.
Some truth to what you say, but I don't want my pastor touching that overall theme with a 10-foot poll.
Osodecentx
Whiskey Pete said:

Osodecentx said:

Whiskey Pete said:

J.R. said:

Whiskey Pete said:

sombear said:

You should .
No I shouldn't.

I suppose there is some logic there. I care about things that REALLY matter. You know securing the border and honesty & integrity
Whiskey Pete
Osodecentx said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Osodecentx said:

Whiskey Pete said:

J.R. said:

Whiskey Pete said:

sombear said:

You should .
No I shouldn't.

I suppose there is some logic there. I care about things that REALLY matter. You know securing the border and honesty & integrity
Something that the two leading candidates don't have, so I pick policy.

Time to be pragmatic, one candidate hawking Bibles pales in comparison to the guy that has made our border nothing more than a turn style our has zero regard for our national security.

But hey, please don't vote for the orange boogey man, I wouldn't want you to compromise your stellar integrity or principles. Meanwhile, I'll vote for the guy that takes border security seriously, even if he makes a few bucks selling a book.
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.