Drew a candidate for the UK job??

111,599 Views | 998 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by wongobear
IvanBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear said:

Can you or someone confirm it's raining in Waco today lol kidding… sort of

It is
whitetrash
IvanBear said:

IowaBear said:

Can you or someone confirm it's raining in Waco today lol kidding… sort of

It is
Was pouring about an hour ago. Let up around 11:45 or so.
boognish_bear
DR0941 said:

LOL

This picture made me laugh out loud. I don't want to read too much into it… but obviously he is aware of everything swirling around right now.

It's just funny that we have all this flight tracker stuff and there he is sitting in a restaurant in Waco.

BearFan33
DR0941 said:

LOL
This seems like a very hopeful sign he stays. But at the very least he's telling us he isn't on a plane to Lexington.
Eric and Alliance bank just became famous lol.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Guitarbiscuit said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Yogi said:

Come on, Coach. You have to ask yourself, "If Kentucky is such a great job, why is Coach Cal going elsewhere rather than riding that job into retirement?"

That being said, it's probably time to get the search committee together so we can keep our team from entering the portal.

I've been trying to stay out of the "if he leaves" discussion since nothing has happened yet. But the team is gone if he's gone. They come for the coach, not the school. If he leaves, we're starting over.

We won't be starting over ( look at where we were in 2002) but perennial top 25 is gone.
I was talking about next year's team.
Chamberman
Stefano DiMera said:

I've seen multiple sites say the plane traveled from Waco McGregor Airport to Lexington this morning is owned by Joe Craft.. Kentucky alum and one of richest men in the country.
He's worth about $1.7 billion, hardly one of the richest men in the country. He doesn't even make the top 400.
ImABearToo
Sporting his Baylor polo no less.
IowaBear
Honest question, does Drew really post a photo in BU gear with a booster if he's considering UK?
Maybe I'm naive but this to me shuts the door on the UK rumors
BU82EX
Hope Scott isn't arraigning financing for a new home in Lexington over lunch today!!
Big12Fan2024
Why would people think he'd be in Lexington. That is what his agent does. This isn't Morehead State where you fly him in and 15 people are there cheering and he signs a contract in front of 2 local media guys. When Kentucky names a coach it will be a high dollar event with the entire states' media outlets there including radio, TV and electronic.

Wouldn't you imagine his agent has provided Kentucky the list of things Drew requires to accept the job. That's where the negotiations begin. And I'm sure Drew's agent knows where he is willing to bend. If Kentucky doesn't meet them, Drew is in Waco with his Baylor shirt on and no harm done. If they are met, then he's on the first jet out tonight with a huge reception in Lexington tomorrow.
whitetrash
BearFan33 said:

DR0941 said:

LOL
This seems like a very hopeful sign he stays. But at the very least he's telling us he isn't on a plane to Lexington.
And if Scott's arm wasn't blocking the menu, Mi Casita would be famous too.
ImABearToo
Man, that Bank must have a tight lunch budget.
caseylatham
I took this as a statement. On 365 Sports last night, they said someone from Baylor said they can't put out a statement every single time their coach gets interest. Said that his 21 year history should speak for itself. That being said, I take this as a statement without a press statement.
EvilTroyAndAbed
IowaBear said:

Honest question, does Drew really post a photo in BU gear with a booster if he's considering UK?

I don't think Drew would do that kind of thing. Looks like he entertained the offer (or just spoke with them) and if he's made up his mind, he posts this pic. If he made up his mind to go to UK, he'd still be silent. All my unknowledgeable opinion.
PartyBear
There is really no telling when that photo was taken. We can assume it was taken and posted in real time and I assume it was. However it was rainy yesterday as well though. Either way he posted it in the last hour. I assume he is trying to say something. I doubt he would screw with Baylor folks and post that while signing on with UK.
Iron Claw
BearFan33 said:

DR0941 said:

LOL

Discussing Kentucky mortgage lending rules.
Married A Horn
This lunch photo really has me thinking he stays. He's not a troll and he 100% knows what's going on.

Entertaining thread either way.
boognish_bear
PartyBear said:

Some guy named Chris Beasmore the news producer for ABC36 News and writer for Kentucky insider. Tweeted 30 minutes ago that Drew is on a flight to Lexington now. ABC 36 is the Lexington ABC affiliate.

EvilTroyAndAbed
boognish_bear said:

PartyBear said:

Some guy named Chris Beasmore the news producer for ABC36 News and writer for Kentucky insider. Tweeted 30 minutes ago that Drew is on a flight to Lexington now. ABC 36 is the Lexington ABC affiliate.

So Drew is trolling him maybe.
PartyBear
Married A Horn said:

This lunch photo really has me thinking he stays. He's not a troll and he 100% knows what's going on.

That is what I mean. I would be really disappointed with him if he played complete mind fxcks with Baylor folks right before he announces he is gone. I dont think he is the type at all to do that, which is why I would be very disappointed in him.
MarcelloSwisher
If Drew stays which it's looking like he will based on that tweet, then we all need to do better as fans. We shouldn't see a single empty seat in Foster next season. Every game needs to be a sellout and we need to bring the energy every time. Don't make him regret his choice to stay.
gobears20
Staff
Just my opinion, but I think Drew put that out there to keep us fans relaxed. I think he may listen to Kentucky because he does have a great relationship with the A.D. but that doesn't mean that he would take the job. He has been here for 20 years.
MarcelloSwisher
It already is. Kentucky fans are calling the restaurant to see if it was taken today.
GoodOleBaylorLine
Iron Claw said:

BearFan33 said:

DR0941 said:

LOL

Discussing Kentucky mortgage lending rules.
There are special rates if your toilet is inside your house!
boognish_bear
PartyBear said:

Married A Horn said:

That is what I mean. I would be really disappointed with him if he played complete mind fxcks with Baylor folks right before he announces he is gone. I dont think he is the type at all to do that, which is why I would be very disappointed in him.

Agree. Someone like Kiffin would pull a clown show move like that...not CSD.
ImABearToo
At $10 million a year, I doubt Scott needs a mortgage loan on any property in Lexington.
MashedPotatoes
MarcelloSwisher said:

It already is. Kentucky fans are calling the restaurant to see if it was taken today.
was it taken today?
gobears20
Staff
That restaurant is Mi Casita which translates to My Little House
EvilTroyAndAbed
gobears20 said:

That restaurant is Mi Casita which translates to My Little House

Which is different from La Cosina, which is George Costanza's off-Broadway play.
MashedPotatoes
IowaBear said:

Certainly hope you're right. Drew's legend status at Baylor just went up a level if he gives Kentucky the stiff-arm.
IowaBear
We have to assume it was. I understand via a few posters it rained today (also via PartyBear that it rained yesterday)
But Drew's no dummy he's well aware of what's going on and probably of the flight tracker stuff.
Again I may be naive but I feel like this was CSDs way of telling everyone thanks but no thanks
IvanBear
IowaBear said:

We have to assume it was. I understand via a few posters it rained today (also via PartyBear that it rained yesterday)
But Drew's no dummy he's well aware of what's going on and probably of the flight tracker stuff.
Again I may be naive but I feel like this was CSDs way of telling everyone thanks but no thanks

Drew doesn't really rebuff jobs publicly he mostly makes statements like this. I've never seen him come straight out and saying I'm not taking xyz job. Seems even more likely he wouldn't throw direct shade if he's friends with the other AD.
gobears20
Staff
Yeah it rained here yesterday and today

I figure it was posted today because Drew knows what is all going on.
boognish_bear
MarcelloSwisher
Yes

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.